Got my first bike:/

Related:
Create New Tag

2/8/2017 1:33 PM

Hey how are you guys I'm new and really need some help I bought a bike according to my height and the top tube length was 20.75, of course knowing bmx bikes appear small to any rider so I i bis got it and then noticed it was extremely small I'm about to go look at another one but really need your help the one that's smaller is the first one I bought ,of the top tube length was for my height why was it extremely uncomfortable it feels like a kids bike the one that's bigger I haven't bought yet it's a cult 20 inch rims please help asap I'm 5'9 1/2 the cult bike looks like it'll fit me good but don't wanna make a mistake again what do you think? Photo

Photo

|

2/8/2017 1:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/8/2017 1:42 PM

its all personal preference..... im 5' 11" and ride a 20.75 TT feels fine to me..nobody is gonna know what feels good to you... try different sizes and see what you like.. sometimes you gotta spend some money and waste some money till ya find what feels good...trial and error, welcome to life

|

2/8/2017 1:52 PM

Appreciate your advice brother but would you agree that the first one looks extremely small? And yea I defiantly understand is there any guideline to also go by as in if you stand up the tube should be about a certain length from ones knee? Something around that nature and I mean overall I'm just confused because I understand it's personal preference but due to my height I bekive the bike should have been somewhat rideable the second ines a 21 inch and it just looks about right , sorry for the long paragraph I just had a question on slammed seats I understand bmx are not meant to be sitting down but inmean if I were to slam the seat I should at least be able to pedal a full cycle with my knees not being able to complete the rotation ? Thanks for the help Really appreciate it

|

2/8/2017 1:53 PM

I'm curious as because for example a youruber john hicks sits at times but I'm sure he's able to somewhat pedal

|

2/8/2017 2:07 PM

just ride your bike..... you will adapt to your setup

|

2/8/2017 3:00 PM

Will do appreciate the info

|

2/8/2017 5:14 PM

The first one appears to be a weird pile of random parts tossed together. Looks like a race frame, and the rest seems to be off a hyper from walmart almost.

Get the second bike, looks to be a much better option.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/8/2017 5:20 PM

Appreciate the feedback I kinda made that mistake already but I'm going to see the bike on Friday I'm just worried about the sizing , the second one he says is a cult just don't know how to identify it's legit a cult

|

2/8/2017 6:09 PM

danny_boosted wrote:

Appreciate the feedback I kinda made that mistake already but I'm going to see the bike on Friday I'm just worried about the sizing , the second one he says is a cult just don't know how to identify it's legit a cult

As I said in your other thread, get the serial number and email it to (or call) cult and ask. Also check to see if the serial is reported stolen.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/8/2017 6:20 PM

Alright brother appreciate the help will definitely look into it

|

2/8/2017 6:55 PM

The only difference looks like the handlebar position. You can't see .25" by looking, and you won't really feel that much of a difference either. I'm 5'9" and ride 20.75. feels perfect to me. It's a BMX bike that's how it's supposed to feel. It's not made for comfort. If that's what your looking for get a mountain bike.

|

2/8/2017 7:03 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

The only difference looks like the handlebar position. You can't see .25" by looking, and you won't really feel that much of a difference either. I'm 5'9" and ride 20.75. feels perfect to me. It's a BMX bike that's how it's supposed to feel. It's not made for comfort. If that's what your looking for get a mountain bike.

Yea I know I just think I need a bigger bike because I'm sure it shof don't be that uncomfortable , what do you guys think I saw this one too should I get the second one or this one I just posted I think it looks nicer but don't know which one is better as in you guys have more experience the one with the monster stickers is a cult and this one is a redline Photo

|

2/8/2017 8:05 PM

If you want to sit and cycle get a road or mountain bike. As ggallin422 said above, they're not designed for comfort.

As for sizing, top tube lengths don't mean much. There's a lot more to a bike than just it's toptube eg. bar height, bar width, standover, bb height, headtube angle, seattube angle, cs length. I'm 6'1" on a 20.75 and it rides better than any other setup I've had because over time I've figured out what works for me. Everyone has a different perfect setup, we can't tell you yours but over time, you'll figure it out.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/8/2017 8:23 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

If you want to sit and cycle get a road or mountain bike. As ggallin422 said above, they're not designed for comfort.

As for sizing, top tube lengths don't mean much. There's a lot more to a bike than just it's toptube eg. bar height, bar width, standover, bb height, headtube angle, seattube angle, cs length. I'm 6'1" on a 20.75 and it rides better than any other setup I've had because over time I've figured out what works for me. Everyone has a different perfect setup, we can't tell you yours but over time, you'll figure it out.

Yeah got it brother nah not lookin for a mountain just getting into bmx and all my friends ride skateboards so don't have much of a start off so I turned to the forums for help I know they aren't made for comfort I know bmx bikes are smaller then the rider just scared to go to smallthats all

|

2/8/2017 8:23 PM

Which brand do you riders mean for the cult bike or the redline Gnna see both tmmrw

|

2/8/2017 8:49 PM

Recommend *

|

2/8/2017 10:06 PM

Wait, you have two threads going in the same direction here...

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

2/8/2017 10:41 PM

readybmxer wrote:

Wait, you have two threads going in the same direction here...

My bad onequesrion led to another and I was tryin to learn about bmx as I am new sorry about that

|

2/8/2017 11:17 PM

The first bike looks cheap and nasty, with tiny bars that are leant backwards. That's why it feels small

|

2/12/2017 2:06 AM

Guys the bike I bought was an original cult and it has kink brakes which are 70 bucks rodessy tires and the rear is cult dehart gotta for 10 bucks to start bmx and road a lot today haven't tried anything crazy ,just trying to get used to the bike as it's different control then a regular bike I do gotta say it it easy as hell to one k up that bike pulling back in the handlebars oh and has dc tree seat and man I'm loving the bmx even though I haven't tried anything crazy I love riding my itself doing hill bombs etc I think I'm actually into bmx and riding not just an impulsive Buy cuz I think I'll like bmx,and then drift away , I'm genuinely in love with it upgrading parts , going to a park , hill bombs (which I did a lot today)
Tricks riding with people , just bmx general it's literally the shit it puts all other sports aside it's the best lol

|

2/12/2017 4:01 AM

danny_boosted wrote:

Guys the bike I bought was an original cult and it has kink brakes which are 70 bucks rodessy tires and the rear is cult dehart gotta for 10 bucks to start bmx and road a lot today haven't tried anything crazy ,just trying to get used to the bike as it's different control then a regular bike I do gotta say it it easy as hell to one k up that bike pulling back in the handlebars oh and has dc tree seat and man I'm loving the bmx even though I haven't tried anything crazy I love riding my itself doing hill bombs etc I think I'm actually into bmx and riding not just an impulsive Buy cuz I think I'll like bmx,and then drift away , I'm genuinely in love with it upgrading parts , going to a park , hill bombs (which I did a lot today)
Tricks riding with people , just bmx general it's literally the shit it puts all other sports aside it's the best lol

thats one big ass sentence

|

2/12/2017 9:32 AM

Grumpy Steve is right. It's the handlebar position that's making it feel small. You could have an inch more space if you move them forward. An inch makes a huge difference.

|

2/12/2017 1:01 PM

danny_boosted wrote:

tiho wrote:

thats one big ass sentence

I was under the influence lol

|

2/12/2017 7:01 PM

So I cleaned up the bike and removed the stickers Gnna get no grips as these are worn out any tips to make the bike look cleaner as it being a black frame ?. As in a dope ass bike I think the tan seat makes it difficult to match it with other colors , it's a good rear tire but I think the brown inner color makes the whole bike look old

|

2/12/2017 7:01 PM

Photo

|

2/13/2017 8:40 AM

Bump

|