Help identify this frame!

Related:
Create New Tag

4/19/2018 1:15 PM

Got it for $40 from some guy at a yard sale. I know it’s a cult frame and wheel set, but that’s about it. I’d like to trade it for a 24”, 26”, or 29” bmx bike, or just sell it for money towards that. Let me know!
Thanks Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo

|

4/19/2018 1:23 PM

I will give you 50 bucks right now for it.

JEEBUS that is a solid find! That sprocket alone cost more than you got the bike for!

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/19/2018 1:24 PM

I dont know what Cult frame that is, but that's a steal for $40!

But seriously, I would check to see if it's stolen, I don't know who in the right mind would sell that bike for $40 if it was legit, and if it's not stolen, holy shit you hit the jackpot!

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

4/19/2018 2:14 PM

The model name and tt length should be stamped on the bb shell.

I'm still baffled why anyone would want a bmx with wheels bigger than 20"

|

4/19/2018 2:18 PM

He said his dad works for the police so he has an “in” on items before they go to auction. There were like 50 bikes at the yard sale all for under $100, this was the only decent bmx so I snagged it. I’ll pass on $50, but thanks for the offer! The bottom of the frame says CULT205 I feel like that’s just saying it’s a 20.5” frame/top tube but again, idk. It also feels pretty small for me, I’m 6’2” so I’m goin for a bigger bike. Trades for other bikes, just about anything with an engine that can ride on dirt/grass(not a lawn mower) or music stuff welcome! I’m around north central Florida just comment with your email and I’ll send you a message. Thanks again yalll

|

4/19/2018 3:08 PM

Mattbrot wrote:

He said his dad works for the police so he has an “in” on items before they go to auction. There were like 50 bikes at the ...more

if you got a frame that is like 21"-21.25" then that will fit you well.

|

Hmmm

4/19/2018 6:39 PM

Mattbrot wrote:

He said his dad works for the police so he has an “in” on items before they go to auction. There were like 50 bikes at the ...more

Are you sure it doesn't say CULTSOS, because they did make a SOS frame.

|

4/19/2018 6:48 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

I'm still baffled why anyone would want a bmx with wheels ...more

I agree with this, I wouldnt sell that bike at all. I'd keep it and ride it, I'm also your size, 6'2" but I'm also 15 if that makes a difference, but I have a 24" and my 20" and my 20" is WAAAY more fun to ride than my 24"... my 24" is mostly used by my Dad and my friends who don't ride to use... but aside from that, it doesn't get used much.... big bikes really aren't that much better for tall people...

Just ride that for now, and if you feel you'd like sow thing bigger, get a 21.25" frame and throw all those parts on that...

|

4/19/2018 7:41 PM

Mattbrot wrote:

Bryan91 wrote:

Should I just post the serial number on here? Is it safe to do that?

|

4/19/2018 7:44 PM

Mattbrot wrote:

Bryan91 wrote:

Mattbrot wrote:

Should I just post the serial number on here? Is it safe to do that?

Ya posting the serial number on here is fine... it litersely won't do anything at all... it just says the frame model and the serial number...

So yeah, just post the serial number and we should be able to tell you what it is!

|

4/19/2018 7:50 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

I'm still baffled why anyone would want a bmx with wheels ...more

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

I agree with this, I wouldnt sell that bike at all. I'd keep it and ride it, I'm also your size, 6'2" but I'm also 15 if that ...more

Yeahhhh I’ll mainly be using it as a commuter, hopping parking gaps and curbs not so much riding the park. There’s not a bmx track close or enough people in this town to even ride with. I just used to race bmx when I was younger and want something more like that. I mean if anything I’m going to keep it, and really just want to know more about it so I know what I’m selling. If it’s safe to post a serial number I’ll do that

|

4/19/2018 7:50 PM

Score !

|

4/20/2018 7:20 AM

You guys know how ya'll said to keep it and not sell it because of only half an inch, and he said ok?

He's already posted it on the for sale section...

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

4/20/2018 7:29 AM

Mattbrot wrote:

Look man, I'd seriously keep it. I'm 6' and I freestyled off of a 19.20" dyno detour for several years, and it fitted me just fine, I've got a 21" bike with 20" wheels and I say that big bikes are unnecessary. There's no point in selling the bike because firstly, we don't know the model of the bike, secondly, the resale for BMX is among the worst. You'd have a better chance selling a camry (toyota) roller (chassis and drivetrain of a car, no engine) than a slightly used bmx. You'd have to sell it for a low price to get anyone to bite, which is the sad truth. You'd be better off keeping the bike to freestyle on, 20.5" is pretty close to your size, and it would be a waste to get rid of because of that half inch.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

4/20/2018 8:14 AM

I don't think OP wants to actually do tricks or anything. I think if you're looking for a 24-29" BMX, you're looking to do wheelies and cruise.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

4/20/2018 8:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/20/2018 8:20 AM

We won't see him again.... at least not if the bike sells.

Based on our reactions to the deal he got, I'm thinking he thinks he'll get $250-$300 for it, which won't happen. Not from this crowd anyway.

|

4/20/2018 8:53 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

I don't think OP wants to actually do tricks or anything. I think if you're looking for a 24-29" BMX, you're looking to do ...more

Correct

|

4/20/2018 8:55 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

We won't see him again.... at least not if the bike sells.

Based on our reactions to the deal he got, I'm thinking he thinks ...more

I’d take $200 for it.

|

4/20/2018 9:00 AM

HavokDJ wrote:

You guys know how ya'll said to keep it and not sell it because of only half an inch, and he said ok?

He's already posted it ...more

I said if anything I’d keep it. If it doesn’t SELL I’ll keep it. Just wanting to know more about it, that’s why I posted it on here. Also deleted the post in for sale section cause I just don’t know enough about it.

|

4/20/2018 9:02 AM

Mattbrot wrote:

HavokDJ wrote:

Look man, I'd seriously keep it. I'm 6' and I freestyled off of a 19.20" dyno detour for several years, and it fitted me just ...more

True, thanks for the advice man

|

4/21/2018 9:12 AM

Speaking as someone who rides a 24". 20" bikes aren't for everyone. I tried one out when I ordered my bike and I couldn't do it. Maybe I could now but yeah, way too twitchy and small for me. I take my big bike everywhere and it works great for me. My bike is 7ish pounds lighter than the last 20 I had(1998ish)and rides better. I wouldn't mind a used 20 to try and mess about on but I can't find one cheap locally. Anyway, different strokes for different folks is what I'm saying I guess.

|