Help identifying fit frame?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/17/2020 9:24 PM

So I jus got this frame and was wondering if someone could help me figure out what model it is? Here are some picks. Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

5/18/2020 5:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/18/2020 7:51 PM

Chris Moeller said that any Fit frame with the serial # on the dropout is "aftermarket" (which means there's a good chance it's made in the USA). The weird thing is I cant seem to find any frames with that seatstay bridge...

Could maybe be a custom? Because of the serial # location it's worth emailing Fit for a possible id.

*Edit: Frame identified below.

|

5/18/2020 3:10 PM

Take a few measurements, like middle of the bottom bracket to middle of dropout slot, and middle of bb to (I think) the top of the toptube. That should narrow it down a bit

|

5/18/2020 3:20 PM

What does it say on the bottom bracket?

|

5/18/2020 3:31 PM

Actually, try emailing fit

|

5/18/2020 7:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/18/2020 7:30 PM

Undesemin wrote:

What does it say on the bottom bracket?

It shouldn't say anything.

It could have the TT size (and possibly "made in usa") above the BB on the front of the seat tube.

Again, if a Fit frame has the serial # on the BB it's from a "complete". S&M/ S&M made frames have the serial # on the dropout (at least that's what Moeller said on his instagram a while back). Not sure if the Taiwan made Fit Aftermarket frames follow the same serial # placement.

|

5/18/2020 7:50 PM

Fuck me it's a Fit Eddie V3 frame... I knew it was an aftermarket Fit frame. lol

You can find the specs here: https://www.vitalbmx.com/product/guide/Frames,7/Fit/Eddie-V3-Frame,1789#product-specs

|

5/19/2020 11:56 AM

Thank you guys for all the help . big time. Opinions on this frame?

|

5/19/2020 7:58 PM

jus mee wrote:

Thank you guys for all the help . big time. Opinions on this frame?

Frame is badass... Made in USA by S&M circa 2011. Geo is what would be considered a "modern" all-terrain frame (meaning you could ride street, park and trails).

Great upgrade for a stock complete, or make a build out of it. Just make sure there's no cracks on the frame and that the TT size fits you (this goes for any used frame).

|