Help identifying forks!

Related:
Create New Tag

9/2/2017 10:10 AM

Just bought a bike off an old friend to help him out, I'm planning on selling most of it in parts and keeping a few bits. Only thing I'm stumped on is the forks. Any help greatly appreciated! Photo

Photo

Photo

Everything on the bike is nice, it was built around 04? Sputnic satellite v2 frame, s&m redneck lt stem and beringer bars, odyssey vandero to hazard lite, 48h lhd hazard hub to 7ka rim, etc etc

|

9/3/2017 10:47 AM

Could they be generic stock forks? I've seen a lot of completes that have forks with a very definitive stop point from the legs to the dropouts.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

9/3/2017 11:36 AM

Sattelite V2?? Any pics of that? Ive no idea what the forks are, sorry

|

9/3/2017 11:51 AM

readybmxer wrote:

Could they be generic stock forks? I've seen a lot of completes that have forks with a very definitive stop point from the ...more

It is a possibility. But giving their age, bikes would've more than likely come with a front brake, but there's no hole. Plus, quite a lot of legs used to end like that, my forks do and they're new!

So far the closest guesses are fbm Cb4k's (early ones, but the bottom of the steerer didn't have the curve, steel compression bolt), old odyssey pro dirt (but the bottom of the dropout didn't curve, similar compression bolt but not the same), dragonfly mosher (wrong compression bolt), early wethepeople excalibur (wrong compression bolt). Even terrible one v3 (?) forks are really similar (no curve on the bottom of steerer). And the only forks I can find with a very similar compression bolt are wethepeople zero, but they're weird looking flatland forks. I'm a bit sick of looking at forks all day....
They're almost identical to some early sputnic forks, but they had a hole in the dropouts.
I think I'm past caring. Unless someone knows for definite what they are.....

|

9/3/2017 11:55 AM

Super-Pawl wrote:

Sattelite V2?? Any pics of that? Ive no idea what the forks are, sorry

Not a dent or deep scratch, just some paint scuffs smile Photo

|

9/3/2017 3:02 PM

These are the closest thing I could findhttps://goo.gl/images/BgjF6K

|

9/3/2017 3:54 PM

Will_Foxhall wrote:

These are the closest thing I could findhttps://goo.gl/images/BgjF6K

Yeah they're really similar, but they have peg clearance and the bottom of the dropouts are straight.

Pretty sure I've cracked it though, 04/05 wtp everlast, slightly different compression bolt, but it looks like there's at least 2 different compression bolts they made

|

9/3/2017 8:29 PM

that's a v1 Satellite isn't it? the v2 had an integrated headset, just being nit-picky haha

|

9/3/2017 10:14 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

that's a v1 Satellite isn't it? the v2 had an integrated headset, just being nit-picky haha

You might be right. But the v1 had a unique bb, that was supplied with the frame, and this is definitely Spanish. It could be a later v1? I don't know now Hahahaha, I'm sick of looking at bike parts......

|

9/3/2017 11:32 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

You might be right. But the v1 had a unique bb, that was supplied with the frame, and this is definitely Spanish. It could be ...more

Yeah might be a later v1 where they just said fuck it and went with a Spanish BB instead cause I know the v2 was integrated and used a different sized headset (Cane creek I think?) then they came out with the v2a which used the campy specs everyone else uses. Seems they liked being different haha

|

9/4/2017 12:04 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

You might be right. But the v1 had a unique bb, that was supplied with the frame, and this is definitely Spanish. It could be ...more

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Yeah might be a later v1 where they just said fuck it and went with a Spanish BB instead cause I know the v2 was integrated ...more

Haha yeah, everything was changing pretty quickly back then, definitely one of the most interesting periods in bmx!

|

9/4/2017 1:45 AM

Double post Yolo. Just practically had an argument with a guy on Facebook over what frame this is. He refuses to believe it's a v1 because of the bb size. He has one that's an odd size, 31mm or something. Even though both our frames have sate*** stamped on the bb shell. And from what I can find, the v2 was a few years after this bike was built. I reckon either late v1, or early v2, or somewhere in between. The date and headtube tell me it should be an early v1......

|