Help identifying some extras

Related:
Create New Tag

2/16/2017 8:23 PM

I recently put together a WTP complete and I had some extras I was curious of they're purpose. The wrench I know is for the brakes. The little piece of rubber and zip tie I'm not sure and those little plastic pieces I couldn't even guess. Any info would be enlightening, thanks.Photo

Photo

|

2/16/2017 8:59 PM

If the things in the second photo are hollow, they're more than likely cable-end crimps for keeping the ends of the brake cables from unraveling. Also, they're probably not plastic, you can run a file across one to check.

The piece of rubber is likely to protect your frame from having the cable tie flop around. The cable tie is used for holding the brake line so it doesn't slap the frame constantly. Goes just a bit behind the headtube and I'd imagine you put the rubber under it.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/16/2017 9:41 PM

I received a Velcro strap for the brake cable, sorry I didn't mention that.

|

2/16/2017 11:09 PM

Zip tie is for zip tying your brake cable to the frame for a clean look.

Rubber strip is for fitting the reflector to your handle bar (Or seat post) better.

And those 2 little aluminum things are cable ends for your brake cable & straddle cable. Stick em on the ends of the cables, crimp them, and they'll prevent the cable ends from fraying.

|

2/22/2017 11:31 AM

Thanks for the info, All makes sense now lol

|