Help me, Help a friend.

Related:
Create New Tag

7/28/2014 7:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/28/2014 7:16 PM

So Jason cant ride an adult bike, I tried teaching him on mountain bikes, and he didn't get it until I got him on my bike, and he got it after like, 3 hours, but then it got cold and we had to go in, since he doesn't have a bike, he probably lost it again.
this guy walks 8 miles to and out of work. that's 16 miles each day. and cannot drive a car due to nearsightedness, and tunnel vision. I got some parts from Brian Griffin earlier this week and I've started to build him a bike.
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

So that is what we have so far... I need a sprocket(25t prefer), rear wheel(9t), chain, spindle(8 spline with compression bolts. and brake cable linear works, brake pads, and tires... at minimum, so if anybody close by has any parts they can donate or trade, or want to send me, I would be very thankful, this is a bike to make this guy's life easier, and possibly drag him out to some trails and put some fun into his life.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

7/28/2014 7:13 PM

Drill out the bit in the spindle dude. Not that hard really. Just need a tap and some drill things.

I don't really have parts at the moment haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/28/2014 7:14 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Drill out the bit in the spindle dude. Not that hard really. Just need a tap and some drill things.

I don't really have parts ...more

haha i'd still need a new one, its bent

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

7/28/2014 7:17 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

dkTechEthan wrote:

i might be getting rid of my cranks soon, ill send em if you can pay shipping or at least part of it

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

7/28/2014 7:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/28/2014 7:29 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

dkTechEthan wrote:

bmxsteve99 wrote:

i might be getting rid of my cranks soon, ill send em if you can pay shipping or at least part of it

Would depend on how much shipping would be, I'm not allowed to spend money on my own bike right now, let alone one thats for a friend.(mom has said no more new parts unless something breaks) But, I'll save my pocket money up, So let me know and if I have enough by then sure thing!

that being said^ local guys, I do have a couple parts I can trade, a black pair of forks, and a stem, and a front wheel
and Also a Fender 25R FrontMan amp with a nice 12" hifi speaker with cabnet thats basically new that is like, 100easily if that is worth parts to you. hmu

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

7/28/2014 9:35 PM

Or- if somebody wants to buy what I've built up for him so far, I could get him something like a dk raven or a mongoose 900 or something...

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

7/29/2014 9:12 AM

If only I live in US and have a job, I would give some of my old parts.

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

7/29/2014 10:22 AM

neophyte16 wrote:

If only I live in US and have a job, I would give some of my old parts.

Thanks buddy, If you are able to send anything, a brake cable, or a chain. even a seatpost clamp. that would help out allot. pm me if ur able to and need my address

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

7/29/2014 10:49 AM

I have a seat post clamp and brake cable ( blk) . Working on some tires just have to pick them up. I'll bring them up this weekend

|

F¬ Bom 5403692331

7/29/2014 10:54 AM

Brian_Griffin wrote:

I have a seat post clamp and brake cable ( blk) . Working on some tires just have to pick them up. I'll bring them up this ...more

Thanks Brian! your awesome! I'll let you know what my hours are, I'm also talking to a guy on creigslist who has a dk complete, the one from haymarket for 130 obo, He asked me what parts he has, so I might get his bike, if he likes it. but I'll still probably need a brake cable and possibly new tires, all depends on what shape his are in.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

8/1/2014 7:05 PM

Just wanted to give an Update-

The rim shown in the thread"Is my rim dead" Is part of a complete dk wheel off an older dk effect, which I was going to use on my bike(because I hate the color green) and give Jason my old rear wheel(the green one) however, after pricing rims and lacing costs, and complete wheels, it just would add to much to the cost of this restoration for jason to do it. SO, I'm selling my amps and we're going to look for a good bike on creigslist for him, around where his budget is. we Have a promising lead now for 100 bucks. its a diamond back.

Unless somebody wants to donate a pos wheel 14mm x9Tooth.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

8/1/2014 8:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/1/2014 8:15 PM

That's really nice of you man +1
I don't have any spare parts to give though =(

|

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!
BIKE CHECK