Help me identify this frame.

Related:
Create New Tag

9/9/2017 1:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/9/2017 1:22 AM

I just bought this bike. The seller didn't give much details about any of the parts besides "animal, primo bike" I was able to identify these parts, primo vs wheel, s&m shredneck stem, primo hollow bites (I think), animal pedals, animal glh tires, I think they are primo forks, but not sure which. Can you guys help me identify the frame? Is I a Sunday og? Any other parts? What forks are they? It's definitely late mid school. Pretty sure it's a Sunday frame, and I'm pretty excited about it. Got a great deal.

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

9/9/2017 1:23 AM

That's a Sunday Soundwave, not sure if it's the v1 or v2 just by looking at it, but it's got the D shaped chainstays.

Cranks are Powerbite v2s, forks could be anything though. Lot of forks have a similar design

|

9/9/2017 4:07 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

That's a Sunday Soundwave, not sure if it's the v1 or v2 just by looking at it, but it's got the D shaped chainstays.

Cranks ...more

I didn't post a pic of the top cap. I forgot. I'm almost positive it's a primo top cap though. Looks like the same one that's on the strands, but they don't look like strands to me. It also looks like the headset has cups. Did Sunday make frames that used cups? Maybe it's just painted weird. I can't really tell. Thanks for the help though.

|

9/9/2017 4:37 AM

It's not an og, they didn't have the wave tubing. But I think integrated headsets were already industry standard by the early wave frames? So it could be from a cheap wave complete?

|