Help me out

Related:
Create New Tag

6/18/2013 10:08 AM

Just went brakeless and I'm trying to lern how o stop without using my foot ( sliding )
Can someone help me out
Thanks

|

instagram @StanceChaser
@EliteStance
Facebook Photography Page
Bike Check

6/18/2013 10:09 AM

The only way i do it is sticking my foot in the back tire.. toes through the opening.

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

6/18/2013 10:10 AM

You push the tip of your shoe into the tyre/rear wheel behind the seat at the seat stay bridge. I'm sure there are video tutorials on Youtube.

|

6/18/2013 10:13 AM

Topsey wrote:

You push the tip of your shoe into the tyre/rear wheel behind the seat at the seat stay bridge. I'm sure there are video tutorials on Youtube.

Seems the best way to do it... never heard of any other ways.

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

6/18/2013 10:17 AM

Topsey wrote:

Chrisaustin wrote:

When i rode breakless i actully put my foot on the front tire to stop instead

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

6/18/2013 10:19 AM

Topsey wrote:

Chrisaustin wrote:

handlebar-to-face wrote:

Yeah, I seem to endo.... But yeah whatever works for ya haha

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

6/18/2013 10:19 AM

you can kick out your back end so it slides/skids a bit. it doesnt really make you stop though just slows you down a bit. or you can do as they said which seems to be the most effective way. also try sitting down and taking your feet of the pedals and stomping the ground to slow down/stop. basically do whatever works for ya

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

6/18/2013 10:21 AM

^Very effective at high speeds lol

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

6/18/2013 10:24 AM

stomping is best, saves your shoes/tire as long as you dont drag your foot after. Another good way to slow down is to ride on grass.

|

6/18/2013 10:27 AM

Thomas_Kerrigan wrote:

stomping is best, saves your shoes/tire as long as you dont drag your foot after. Another good way to slow down is to ride on grass.

You can always buy new shoes and tires. you cant buy a new Ass if you get hit.

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

6/18/2013 10:30 AM

Thomas_Kerrigan wrote:

Chrisaustin wrote:

You can always buy new shoes and tires. you cant buy a new Ass if you get hit.

true, but you kinda gotta be willing to take that risk goin' breakless in the first place.

|

6/18/2013 10:34 AM

Thomas_Kerrigan wrote:

true, but you kinda gotta be willing to take that risk goin' breakless in the first place.

That is also true.... I guess the tip is.... Don't ride breakless unless you have practiced stopping methods.

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

6/18/2013 11:14 AM

Theres this thing called the face grind where you stop yourself by grinding your face across something........or you could be smart and put brakes back on and gain some bike control

|

6/18/2013 11:20 AM

Chrisaustin wrote:

Yeah, I seem to endo.... But yeah whatever works for ya haha

Yeah i know for me that was the point haha when ever i stopped and had enough speed i would do a half ass fj tail whip or i would go flat land and just start kicking the front tire to move

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

6/18/2013 12:01 PM

I just jab my foot into the rear tire. It seems to work the best.

|

Why be the same when you can be different?
Official Vital Buddy: Chrisaustin

6/18/2013 12:09 PM

LDewey wrote:

I just jab my foot into the rear tire. It seems to work the best.

Yeah, Just don't do that with your Shwong... Ouch!

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

6/21/2013 5:08 PM

Riding in grass seems to help me slow down a lot and if you put your feet down in grass it won't wear out your grip. Any of the suggestions above will help too.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock
Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

6/22/2013 10:05 AM

im brakeless and i do a low 90 degree g turn ...... it wont fully stop you though

|

CHECK OUT MY BIKE CHECK IF YOU LIKE IT, LIKE IT

http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/Enter-Name-Here,105037/setup,84060

6/22/2013 10:13 AM

Topsey wrote:

Chrisaustin wrote:

handlebar-to-face wrote:

try that at full speed

|

6/22/2013 10:15 AM

I usually try not to go too fast, but to stop I try to stomp on the ground or ride through grass, and if I need to I put my foot in my back tire. I don't like destroying my shoes or tires tho

|