Help me pick a complete

Related:
Create New Tag

6/26/2019 10:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/26/2019 11:03 AM

I'm looking into getting back in bmx after a couple years of not riding, i was just wondering what complete i should get and also maybe help with picking a frame size, so far i've been looking at the cult devotion, sunday street sweeper, fit homan, cult gateway. im also about 5'10, so ive been looking at 20.75, and 21 toptubes, but i dont know which one i should go with. (side note i really like raw or translucent colors, not important) ((also dont be afraid to reccomend some other bikes, i would definitly look into them, it's just that cult and fit are my favorite brands))

|



6/26/2019 11:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/26/2019 11:16 AM

I think you are on the right track. All those bikes would serve you well (save for one) and the sizes you are looking at are what I would recommend. Of the group, I'd lean toward the Sunday Street Sweeper as I believe the frame comes with a lifetime warranty and it has better quality parts. You could certainly find a cheaper complete that would probably serve you well but if you are comfortable with the price of the Street Sweeper, of the group, that's where I'd spend my money. I'd steer clear of the Gateway as it isn't a full-chromoly frame.

|

6/26/2019 11:39 AM

What kind of riding do you want to do?

|

6/26/2019 11:41 AM

BigMeanPunk wrote:

What kind of riding do you want to do?

street and park

|



6/26/2019 11:42 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I think you are on the right track. All those bikes would serve you well (save for one) and the sizes you are looking at are what I would recommend. Of the group, I'd lean toward the Sunday Street Sweeper as I believe the frame comes with a lifetime warranty and it has better quality parts. You could certainly find a cheaper complete that would probably serve you well but if you are comfortable with the price of the Street Sweeper, of the group, that's where I'd spend my money. I'd steer clear of the Gateway as it isn't a full-chromoly frame.

if i got a 20.75 i would have to cut the bars to be shorter tho

|



6/26/2019 12:03 PM

Psycho_Jon831 wrote:

if i got a 20.75 i would have to cut the bars to be shorter tho

You can’t cut bars to lower their rise, you can only cut them to shorten width. You’ll be fine with the rise they come with for your height.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @bmxereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

6/26/2019 12:04 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I think you are on the right track. All those bikes would serve you well (save for one) and the sizes you are looking at are what I would recommend. Of the group, I'd lean toward the Sunday Street Sweeper as I believe the frame comes with a lifetime warranty and it has better quality parts. You could certainly find a cheaper complete that would probably serve you well but if you are comfortable with the price of the Street Sweeper, of the group, that's where I'd spend my money. I'd steer clear of the Gateway as it isn't a full-chromoly frame.

Psycho_Jon831 wrote:

if i got a 20.75 i would have to cut the bars to be shorter tho

readybmxer wrote:

You can’t cut bars to lower their rise, you can only cut them to shorten width. You’ll be fine with the rise they come with for your height.

no i know that, but when doing bar spins, theyre to long, thats what i ment

|



6/26/2019 12:24 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I think you are on the right track. All those bikes would serve you well (save for one) and the sizes you are looking at are what I would recommend. Of the group, I'd lean toward the Sunday Street Sweeper as I believe the frame comes with a lifetime warranty and it has better quality parts. You could certainly find a cheaper complete that would probably serve you well but if you are comfortable with the price of the Street Sweeper, of the group, that's where I'd spend my money. I'd steer clear of the Gateway as it isn't a full-chromoly frame.

ok so i was gonna pick up the street sweeper but idk where to buy it

|



6/26/2019 12:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/26/2019 12:40 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I think you are on the right track. All those bikes would serve you well (save for one) and the sizes you are looking at are what I would recommend. Of the group, I'd lean toward the Sunday Street Sweeper as I believe the frame comes with a lifetime warranty and it has better quality parts. You could certainly find a cheaper complete that would probably serve you well but if you are comfortable with the price of the Street Sweeper, of the group, that's where I'd spend my money. I'd steer clear of the Gateway as it isn't a full-chromoly frame.

Psycho_Jon831 wrote:

ok so i was gonna pick up the street sweeper but idk where to buy it

If you don't have a local shop (always try to support the local scene), Albe's has never let me down. Not sure who else has it mail order-wise. I'd be wary of Dan's Comp. They have been flaky with inventory and delivery.

https://www.albes.com/sunday-street-sweeper-2020-bike/?sku=SBX-125L-MYEL&gclid=CjwKCAjwr8zoBRA0EiwANmvpYKisiX2ogpYlN3R1jcYDPboyoszsC1LANSpHooLJkQeZ1LlSlexDyRoCeykQAvD_BwE

|

6/26/2019 5:47 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I think you are on the right track. All those bikes would serve you well (save for one) and the sizes you are looking at are what I would recommend. Of the group, I'd lean toward the Sunday Street Sweeper as I believe the frame comes with a lifetime warranty and it has better quality parts. You could certainly find a cheaper complete that would probably serve you well but if you are comfortable with the price of the Street Sweeper, of the group, that's where I'd spend my money. I'd steer clear of the Gateway as it isn't a full-chromoly frame.

Psycho_Jon831 wrote:

ok so i was gonna pick up the street sweeper but idk where to buy it

Mishinn_Control wrote:

If you don't have a local shop (always try to support the local scene), Albe's has never let me down. Not sure who else has it mail order-wise. I'd be wary of Dan's Comp. They have been flaky with inventory and delivery.

https://www.albes.com/sunday-street-sweeper-2020-bike/?sku=SBX-125L-MYEL&gclid=CjwKCAjwr8zoBRA0EiwANmvpYKisiX2ogpYlN3R1jcYDPboyoszsC1LANSpHooLJkQeZ1LlSlexDyRoCeykQAvD_BwE

i want the raw one with the purple seat tho...

|



6/26/2019 6:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/27/2019 7:53 AM

Psycho_Jon831 wrote:

i want the raw one with the purple seat tho...

That was the 2019 model. Your gonna have to do some google fu to find someone who has it in stock as the 2020s are already here.

|

6/27/2019 12:12 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

If you don't have a local shop (always try to support the local scene), Albe's has never let me down. Not sure who else has it mail order-wise. I'd be wary of Dan's Comp. They have been flaky with inventory and delivery.

https://www.albes.com/sunday-street-sweeper-2020-bike/?sku=SBX-125L-MYEL&gclid=CjwKCAjwr8zoBRA0EiwANmvpYKisiX2ogpYlN3R1jcYDPboyoszsC1LANSpHooLJkQeZ1LlSlexDyRoCeykQAvD_BwE

Psycho_Jon831 wrote:

i want the raw one with the purple seat tho...

BigMeanPunk wrote:

That was the 2019 model. Your gonna have to do some google fu to find someone who has it in stock as the 2020s are already here.

im so sad now
|



6/27/2019 1:51 AM

You can still get the 2019 in raw over here, I tried to google it but for you but it’s hard as it always tends to give me results for the UK. Search and see what comes up, hopefully there will be a shop somewhere with some left in stock.

|

6/27/2019 4:57 AM

Psycho_Jon831 wrote:

i want the raw one with the purple seat tho...

BigMeanPunk wrote:

That was the 2019 model. Your gonna have to do some google fu to find someone who has it in stock as the 2020s are already here.

Psycho_Jon831 wrote: im so sad now

Find a local shop that handles BMX and can get that brand, and see if they can order it up for you.

OR call Albes and see if they can order one for you? If the distro has it, they can probably get it for you.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/27/2019 6:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/27/2019 6:09 AM

street sweeper complete is really nice. buy it. go ride.

|

6/27/2019 4:35 PM

meatXloaf wrote:

You can still get the 2019 in raw over here, I tried to google it but for you but it’s hard as it always tends to give me results for the UK. Search and see what comes up, hopefully there will be a shop somewhere with some left in stock.

i've checked and theyre out of stock or $1000

|



6/27/2019 7:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/27/2019 7:58 PM

Sunday completes fucking suck unless you get the highest end of the line , everyone sucks their dick so hard it’s ridiculous , if your not getting the sound wave complete your wasting your time , and let’s get realistic here that bike isn’t even that good , you spend that kind of big money for a pussy ass 25 tooth sprocket , get the fuck outta here with that shit , I suggest looking into the fly completes , better bike half the cost , the Orion looks pretty dope

|

6/27/2019 8:08 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Sunday completes fucking suck unless you get the highest end of the line , everyone sucks their dick so hard it’s ridiculous , if your not getting the sound wave complete your wasting your time , and let’s get realistic here that bike isn’t even that good , you spend that kind of big money for a pussy ass 25 tooth sprocket , get the fuck outta here with that shit , I suggest looking into the fly completes , better bike half the cost , the Orion looks pretty dope

i havent heard anything about fly bikes, ive heard good things about kink tho, but i think i might just get the Cult Devotion

|