Help me with choosing a complete.

Related:
Create New Tag

5/15/2014 8:12 AM

At the end of this month I'm getting a complete. I'm 5'7 130lbs going to be riding mostly street some park.

My budget is around $600 - $650

Can you guys list some good completes and help me with my choice

|

5/15/2014 8:19 AM

Mongoose mode 900 then upgrade parts as you break them

If you spend it all on a complete you might decide bmx is not for you then sell your bike and toss your budget in the trash from it

|

5/15/2014 8:31 AM

I say go with any fit complete. Its way better then any Mongoose depending on the one you get and usually comes with some sealed parts. Even if you decide bmx isn't for you you will still have a pretty sweet complete to get from A to B.

|

5/15/2014 8:37 AM

I've been looking at this for a bit.
WTP Trust 2013
http://www.albes.com/we-the-people-2013-trust-stock-bike.aspx

|

5/15/2014 8:43 AM

Yeah thats a great bike for a beginner. Personally my bike when I first bought it was around 400 it was a 2007 Stolen Heater Complete. I have dumped so much money into that bike Probably over all the years and new parts and swapping stuff out. I'm probably 2,500 in right now! Just remember like when you are buying a bike. Yeah you are spending 600 on a bike but keep shopping you could find something just as good for around 400 bucks and then it leaves you some money to upgrade parts and stuff! But if thats the bike you have your heart set to! Get it man! Its will be a great bike!

|

5/15/2014 9:17 AM

Thanks for the help! Yeaa I'm going to need to buy and fix parts. By the time something breaks or wears out, I'll have the money to replace it.

|

5/15/2014 9:30 AM

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

5/15/2014 10:11 AM

dude dont ask people want to buy it your money buy what you want they will give all this other option on bikes then you going ask it which bike should again that they recoomond. if you want the wtp trust 2013 than buy it is a really good bike this is your money you work hard for not theres. So buy the wtp trust that your bike you want. no one else they going to tell you all this other bikes to buy. so again buy the bike you want and like. this is your freaking money.

|

5/15/2014 2:43 PM

He wants advice, so this money is spent in a better way, nothing wrong with that.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

5/15/2014 3:17 PM

Anything wethepeople, 2014 range is sick.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

5/15/2014 10:26 PM

Hey bro, you pick one yet? Because if not I would get this one, $250 more than your price but it is always worth it when it holds up better. smile

|

5/16/2014 12:39 AM

Choose a bike that's approx 25 pounds or less if you can with sealed hubs and a sealed bb. I believe a lot of the lower end FIT bikes are around 400 but come with all the best starter bells and whistles for thr price.... That way you can save the remaining $250 for new parts as they wear out.

|

5/16/2014 12:50 AM

stay away from bikes that say "4130 chromo top tup, chain stay" in the specs

a store here thinks that's full chromo (for example united cinema bike), and a potential buyer actually believed him

one new mongoose is fully chromo frame, and sealed bearing hubs. try hard to look for 2012/2013 models at clearance price. such as the WTP versus

|

5/16/2014 7:02 AM

Volume Infantry. Full chromoly, sealed everything.
And leaves you with enough to replace parts as they break...
Although other than the stem that won't happen anytime soon.

Or a WTP complete.

|

HardBMX_Tim wrote: I welded a peg to my pedal so I could do pedal grinds. I would rather wear a teletubbies speedo than a shirt with the word "Bitches" on it, or even worse, "Swag".

5/16/2014 7:44 AM

I think I'm going to get a WTP complete

|

5/16/2014 7:54 AM

RileyBmx wrote:

I say go with any fit complete. Its way better then any Mongoose depending on the one you get and usually comes with some ...more

That mongoogse is full chromo and like 200 bucks.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura