Help me with my 180's!

Related:
Create New Tag

5/16/2013 6:34 PM

I have been trying to 180 for a month now. I can do them when i ramp off of a bank and land it perfectly but when i do it off of a curb or flat, my right foot always wants to come off. What am i doing wrong?! How can i fix it?

|

BMX is a lifestyle and a career... Not a childish activity.

5/16/2013 6:38 PM

If your foot is coming off you're most likely just not fully committed to the trick. Just keep practicing.

|

Boldly going nowhere.

BIKE CHECK.

5/16/2013 6:51 PM

Ya its most likely a commitment thing. Or that your not centered when rotating. If you could get a video that would give us more info

|

References - jared42069

5/16/2013 6:53 PM

i dont recomend this for you, but when my friends dont commit, i duct tape theyre feet on. one asked me to duct tape his foot for catching tailwhips, i asked him how he would start the whip. it was funny as hell

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

5/16/2013 7:09 PM

rmcguinn wrote:

Ya its most likely a commitment thing. Or that your not centered when rotating. If you could get a video that would give us ...more

Yeah ill post a video tomorrow of it

|

5/16/2013 7:10 PM

tomdon wrote:

i dont recomend this for you, but when my friends dont commit, i duct tape theyre feet on. one asked me to duct tape his foot ...more

Yeah i was actually thinking of doing that but i thought i was just going to eat shit and that my foot will just get used to being tightend against my pedal

|

5/16/2013 7:13 PM

just think to yourself, keep the foot on. repeat it if you have to. it will work

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

5/16/2013 7:22 PM

Clipless pedals! Jk probably a committment thing. I have the same issue with 180s up stuff

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

5/16/2013 7:49 PM

this will sometimes happen with me for 360's to fakie but i believe that its a commitment thing or you can try staying over the bike more

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

5/16/2013 8:12 PM

maybe you need new pedals. i had this problem. i got odyssey jcpcs now my feet never slide off.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

5/16/2013 8:12 PM

What am i doing wrong nigs?

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

5/16/2013 8:15 PM

SickDude wrote:

Carving wayyyy too much.

|

5/16/2013 8:21 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

maybe you need new pedals. i had this problem. i got odyssey jcpcs now my feet never slide off.

Well it's not a problem with slipping its more of like me unconciously pulling my foot away

|

5/16/2013 8:27 PM

SickDude wrote:

I think you need to hop some more and turn your head.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

5/16/2013 8:41 PM

SickDude wrote:

Mikel8149 wrote:

That. The way you're postured makes it look like you don't want to 180. Like if you're hesitant to land backwards. You HAVE TO WANT to land backwards. Get in your mind that you want to land fakie. Don't over think it. Your new goal is to land fakie and roll back like the muthu fuggin boss. Dot it!!! aarargg!

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

5/16/2013 8:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/16/2013 8:48 PM

SickDude wrote:

Mikel8149 wrote:

BMXism wrote:

That. The way you're postured makes it look like you don't want to 180. Like if you're hesitant to land backwards. You HAVE TO ...more

Fakie down a driveway & ill give you 5$ sickdude. Or a instagram shoutout or someshit.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

5/16/2013 8:49 PM

Mikel8149 wrote:

BMXism wrote:

That. The way you're postured makes it look like you don't want to 180. Like if you're hesitant to land backwards. You HAVE TO ...more

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Fakie down a driveway & ill give you 5$ sickdude. Or a instagram shoutout or someshit.

I'd like to see this. Cmon, get up to my level at least. I'm already low, SickDude.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

5/16/2013 8:55 PM

BMXism wrote:

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

I'd like to see this. Cmon, get up to my level at least. I'm already low, SickDude.

Just wondering whats your trick list?

|

Instagram

5/16/2013 9:00 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

I will try thanks for the tips doods

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

5/16/2013 9:01 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

SickDude wrote:

I will try thanks for the tips doods

Any driveway small big tiny idgaf

|

Instagram

5/17/2013 7:04 AM

SickDude wrote:

You're giving too much carve and not enough hop. Remember, you still need to get off the ground. What i do with my 180s is carve a little, then pull up as if i'm just hopping over something about 6+ inches high. Also, with all spinning tricks, the trick is to turn your head. Wherever you turn your head, your body will follow. Lastly, try to tuck up your back end a little, its a hard trick to get comfortable with but its a building block for so many more. Good luck!

|

Pop a tire I'm sweatin'.