Help on ordering parts

Related:
Create New Tag

7/3/2017 7:44 PM

I plan on building a bike soon, but its been hard trying to find parts off Danscomp because the frame specs are missing on certain things such as, bottom bracket size, and crank size. The bottom bracket is measured in inches but, when shopping for them its measured in millimeters. Iv'e already had troubles with Danscomp and ordering parts that don't fit because of their lack of specs and information. My question is, how do I know what size is right for my frame when I want to buy parts?

|

M A V R I C K _

7/3/2017 7:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/3/2017 7:58 PM

theres a mid bottom bracket, spanish, and american. that's how they're measured, not by mm. then within that they can be 22mm, 19mm, or 24mm. The standard size is 19mm for cranks.

so if your bike is mid bb, and you have cranks with a 19mm spindle, you'd buy a 19mm mid bb kit. so you have to know what frame/crank combo

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

7/3/2017 10:11 PM

What spenlard said. The bottom bracket is NOT measured in inches, that's the BOTTOM BRACKET height. How high it is off the ground when the bike is built up.

|

7/3/2017 10:29 PM

Hey that's why you should order from Acebmx they have everything you need to build your bike juest give a call or email and they would tell everything. I always order from Acebmx and never had a problem for example i wanted some parts that danscomp didn't have anymore i found them on acebmx trust me you should try Acebmx sometimes they are reliable.

|

7/4/2017 12:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/4/2017 12:43 AM

acedog890 wrote:

Hey that's why you should order from Acebmx they have everything you need to build your bike juest give a call or email and ...more

Kill yourself

Don't actually but isn't ace that site the fucks everyone over with time2shine as well ??

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

7/4/2017 1:35 AM

acedog890 wrote:

Hey that's why you should order from Acebmx they have everything you need to build your bike juest give a call or email and ...more

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Kill yourself

Don't actually but isn't ace that site the fucks everyone over with time2shine as well ??

Dude they have a new owner etc they are legit trust me i always order from Acebmx\AmericanCycle i get my stuff from them always plus on the bright side they have parts that danscomp don't have anymore. I brought parts from acebmx that dans doesn't carry anymore.

|

7/4/2017 8:30 AM

Dan's or albes. just call if you have questions. Danscomp actually seems to have the most detailed specs then anywhere else. 95% of frames have a mid bottom bracket, so I wouldn't really worry about that. Just get the right size for your crank spindle.

|

7/4/2017 9:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/4/2017 9:02 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

Dan's or albes. just call if you have questions. Danscomp actually seems to have the most detailed specs then anywhere else. ...more

This.

Also, The Secret BMX is a very good and reputable website. I've made a couple orders from them and I've never had any issues with them.

|

7/4/2017 12:21 PM

Thank you all for the responses!
|

M A V R I C K _

7/4/2017 1:10 PM

acedog890 wrote:

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Kill yourself

I ordered my current frame from ace because it was out of stock everywhere else. It took the almost a month to get it and the guy that runs the place is a fucking dick and did not answer any question I had. If I would have waited for a better site to have them in stock again I would have gotten it two weeks earlier.

|