More information about these bikes?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/22/2017 6:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/22/2017 7:59 AM

EDIT: Identified the original bike. Wasn't good enough.

Found these bikes and looking for some advice

Just been offered the Haro Midway 2016 for £70 ($100) or the WTP Justice 2016 for £150 ($190). What would you guys recommend?

Photo

Photo

|

4/22/2017 7:31 AM

Yeah it's 2011, it was only 200 new so nothing special at all. But for 60 it's not a bad bike for starting out on

|

4/22/2017 7:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/22/2017 8:00 AM

Thanks Steve. Just altered the original post with two new bikes i've been looking at. The WTP Arcade one I put up before wasn't great!

|

4/22/2017 9:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/22/2017 9:07 AM

from looking at their "specs" they are both pretty similar TBH, both have a chromoly front triangle, hi ten forks and bars, single wall rims etc, basically both aiming more towards being a "mid level" bike, i suppose it depends on the "condition" of the bikes themselves whether its worth going to the justice for double the money when its a pretty similarly specced bike.

if it was me i'd be taking the Haro, as for £150 you can get better specced bikes if your patient, full chromoly frame, cranks, bars and forks, double walled rims etc

Are you in Glasgow? In Barrhead myself

|

4/22/2017 9:08 AM

weegaz22 wrote:

from looking at their "specs" they are both pretty similar TBH, both have a chromoly front triangle, hi ten forks and bars, ...more

I'm from Glasgow man, but I live in Stirling right now. My uncle lives in Barrhead though, so I am through occasionally. As I said, i'm just starting but I know I want to get a decent bike, because i'll have to replace it pretty soon if it's not a good one.

Could you keep an eye out for any good bikes for me? I'm still trying to learn what to look out for, so some guidance would be much appreciated. I've been on Facebook, Gumtree, eBay etc just looking for something good. I wouldn't mind spending the money on a brand new one, but for now, if I could get one under £150, just to see how often I use it and if I stick to it, that would be awesome.

Thanks for commenting though, I really appreciate any help!

|

4/22/2017 9:19 AM

weegaz22 wrote:

from looking at their "specs" they are both pretty similar TBH, both have a chromoly front triangle, hi ten forks and bars, ...more

GLASG0W wrote:

I'm from Glasgow man, but I live in Stirling right now. My uncle lives in Barrhead though, so I am through occasionally. As I ...more

Aye I'm keeping an eye out for a bike for myself anyway, been watching the likes of eBay & Gumtree the past 6-8 months just to see what stuff goes for and like anything there's an "asking price" and a "market value/what it actually sells for price" and I've seen many a decently specced full Chromoly bike go for around the £100 mark, and they do tend to actually go pretty quick compared to all the overpriced stuff you see, for example there's one on just now, its a HARO 200.1, its used, guy wants £140 for it, when it was a £200 bike new 4 years ago, he's had it up and down at all different prices over the past 6 months i've been watching, I just need life to stop getting in the way and buy one

|

4/22/2017 3:57 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Yeah it's 2011, it was only 200 new so nothing special at all. But for 60 it's not a bad bike for starting out on

And to add to what Steve said.

If you Google the models and year, it will get you a full spec list. Look for the one with the most cromoly and sealed parts. Nothing worse than an unsealed wheel if the bearings get too loose and you don't tighten them. Then you will need a new hub. Both of the bikes you asked about I think have sealed wheels and cranks.

|

4/23/2017 4:54 AM

Gack2000 wrote:

If you Google the models and year, it will get you a full spec list. Look for the one with the ...more

Part of the issue when looking at the majority of used bikes out there is that the sellers usually don't put down the year or model of bike(probably cos 90% of people selling them are parents selling them for their kids), its usually a title along the lines of "Wethepeople BMX" or "Stolen BMX" you then need to investigate what year and model it is yourself from the 1 out of focus and taken in the dark photo that they put up on the ad, so you then need to find the right model bike with the right livery its running to identify the model to find the specs, which is even harder if your new to the BMX World and have no real brand name knowledge.

|

4/23/2017 2:30 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Gack2000 wrote:

If you Google the models and year, it will get you a full spec list. Look for the one with the ...more

weegaz22 wrote:

Part of the issue when looking at the majority of used bikes out there is that the sellers usually don't put down the year or ...more

Post any pictures they have. Alot of us can tell you the company and model, maybe the year. Then you can go google it and check the specs.

If it helps, most companies stop making a model after 2-3yrs and either rename it or change some stuff up and put a new name on it.

|