Help which bike should i get for at most 380?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/2/2013 10:28 PM

hey Ive been looking at the fit inman 1 and amber altar do you have an opinion between those or other bikes.

|

8/2/2013 10:34 PM

Hmm i know that all the 2013 Stolens are pretty good for that price range definitely. Check out the Heist up to the Score! You can use one of these codes and i think it is already an additional 10% off of the completes! : 4431 or 44J3 try one of those, whichever works. You should look for anything with Full Chromoly, Double walled rims, 100 psi tires, and fully sealed, but semi sealed rear will suffice if you can spend more in the future on a wheel.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/2/2013 10:57 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Hmm i know that all the 2013 Stolens are pretty good for that price range definitely. Check out the Heist up to the Score! You can use one of these codes and i think it is already an additional 10% off of the completes! : 4431 or 44J3 try one of those, whichever works. You should look for anything with Full Chromoly, Double walled rims, 100 psi tires, and fully sealed, but semi sealed rear will suffice if you can spend more in the future on a wheel.

How the stolen sinner look on danscomp

|

8/2/2013 11:00 PM

Best bet is to look on Craigslist and get a decently priced complete.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

8/2/2013 11:03 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Gobby wrote:

How the stolen sinner look on danscomp

My FAT friend has had one for forever. haha it has to be a good bike since only minor things broke from user error! haha (stripped nuts ((wrong sized socket)), Blown bearings ((WD 40 and rain)), tires worn out ((took forever, but he does skid them)), so it has to be a good bike. haha i true the rims from time to time since his fat guy 180s would do that. If you can, go for the Score and use the codes, itll be cheaper than listed. It has a better hub and a slightly more dent resistent down tube!! Best of luck man!! Get shredding!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/3/2013 11:50 AM

I did some research, got some great advise from the forum and chose to get my soon-to-be 10yo son the 2013 Kink Whip.

http://www.danscomp.com/products-BIKES/102158/2013_Kink_Whip_Bike.html#

Its full cromo and sealed everything, which I really wanted. 25.2 lbs

•Full chromoly frame
•Full chromoly Kink Stout fork
•Mission Converge stem
•Mission Halt U-brake
•Mission React sealed cassette hub
•Mission Echo sealed front hub
•Alienation Black Sheep rear rim

It listed @ $409. I got it for $255.04 with the 15% off code at Dans Comp. I thought that was a great deal. Here's the code link:

http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/General-BMX-Talk,2/Twisted654,465327

Here's one on Ebay. $340 with free shipping, so Dans is a great deal: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Kink-Whip-BMX-Bike-Ghost-White-NEW-/140837785810#vi-content

A few of criticisms were: Single wall front rim, male front hub and Kenda Kontact tires. If you end up tweeking it, it wouldn't be too expensive to change it out. It would still be a great deal.

I don't know if Purple is too trendy for you or not, (my son liked it). The White looks like a clean option.

Here's a good video:

It was pointed out to me that the Liberty is a good/better option but only if you want to go brakeless.

http://www.danscomp.com/products/102159/2013_Kink_Liberty_Bike.html

To see what others have said about it: http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/General-BMX-Talk,2/New-Kink-for-my-10-yr-old-Opinions-needed,1285323

Photo

Photo

|

8/3/2013 12:02 PM

Don't get a stolen...

|

Noah Farver

717-679-7588 Text me if you need me.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

8/3/2013 3:02 PM

That Kink whip doesnt have nice tires and has a single walled front wheel. Plus it costs more than the Stolen Score. Yeah, there are bikes by more respectable brands for a complete, but the stolen does offer the most bang for your buck there. It is fully sealed, full chromo, nice parts, and has a nice set of tires and a set of double walled rims!

|

8/3/2013 3:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/3/2013 10:16 PM

Kink costs more?

|

8/3/2013 4:31 PM

|

8/3/2013 5:57 PM

How good is kinkl

|

8/3/2013 7:35 PM

I'm not really that qualified to even chime in on which bike brands are best.

I'm just a dad that still rides a BMX bike, trying to keep up with my boys.

It's an intermediate bike at best.

Most brands offer wide range of quality rides, from entry level to pro. There are tons of good options, Kink is just one of many. I researched the crap out of it and like it for the price and my son's modest needs.

At the $380 price point you could still afford to throw another $125 into it.

Again, check out what those with far more knowledge than I have said about it.

http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/General-BMX-Talk,2/New-Kink-for-my-10-yr-old-Opinions-needed,1285323

|

8/3/2013 7:41 PM

Fateswarning wrote:

Most brands offer wide range of quality rides, from entry level to pro. There are tons of good options, Kink is just one of many. I researched the crap out of it and like it for the price and my son's modest needs.

http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/General-BMX-Talk,2/New-Kink-for-my-10-yr-old-Opinions-needed,1285323

Like he said, its an intermediate bike AT BEST. The stolen score is right in your price range and if i calculated right, it should be around 350 with the code and that bike will LAST!! which is what you want!! Normally id say get an Amber, but they are out of stock.

|

8/3/2013 7:41 PM

Fateswarning wrote:

MaximusBikes wrote:

Like he said, its an intermediate bike AT BEST. The stolen score is right in your price range and if i calculated right, it should be around 350 with the code and that bike will LAST!! which is what you want!! Normally id say get an Amber, but they are out of stock.

Actually no, its a lot less than 350. haha Its more like 260ish i think

|

8/3/2013 7:45 PM

FuckYoCult wrote:

Best bet is to look on Craigslist and get a decently priced complete.

i second this, if youre looking for a decent complete, this is what i would do any day. depending on the parks around you i know where i am theres always people selling their customs n shit.
maybe if you wanted you could find a few near you and post the links/info on them & people might help you out on here.
I wish i had never bought a complete when i started out tho ive replaced every single part except the heavy ass cranks.

|

Insta: @devicacy

8/3/2013 7:53 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Actually no, its a lot less than 350. haha Its more like 260ish i think

$260?

Link?

|

8/3/2013 8:00 PM

Noope wait, i was right the first time lol i had overthought it haha sorry

|