Help with bottom bracket sized

Related:
Create New Tag

6/28/2017 9:17 AM

So i'm currently running federal vice cranks. I ordered a new frame recently (Cult 2 short), and the guy over the phone said i'd need a 22mm BB.. after doing some research, it says that these cranks require a 24mm ... so it'll need a 24mm BB, correct?

I probably sound stupid, but anything to do with the bottom bracket, or chain confuses me haha.

Thanks!

|

6/28/2017 9:23 AM

The guy on the phone was wrong, and you're right. You're going to need a 24mm bottom bracket. And you don't really need to order a new bottom bracket, unless the bearings in your old frame aren't mid or they're blown.

|

Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen

6/28/2017 3:40 PM

Why not use the one you have now?

|

6/29/2017 1:04 AM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

The guy on the phone was wrong, and you're right. You're going to need a 24mm bottom bracket. And you don't really need to ...more

Yeah, i called him up again and thankfully he had sent a 24mm BB ... he accidentally said it needed a 22mm BB haha. I would use the old one but the frame came with a free BB anyway, so to save me smashing the old one out, i'll pop the new one in - thanks for your help

|

6/29/2017 1:05 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

Why not use the one you have now?

firstly, i hate trying to get the BB out in case i damage the bearings, secondly the frame came with a free BB so it makes sense to just install the new one ! I've had 4 frames within the past year, and have now thankfully found what i'm looking for; geo wise ...

|