Help with bunny hops

Related:
Create New Tag

9/25/2016 11:23 AM

My bunny hops seem/feel really jerky, and I don't get much air. Also, sometimes both tires go up at the same time. I can't seem to get my front tire up high enough too. Is my frame too small (I'm 6'1 and have a 20.25 frame)? Or is it just bad form? If its bad form, how can I fix it?

|

I swear to drunk i'm not god

9/25/2016 11:42 AM

Your frame is too short, but technique is probably the bigger problem. With a longer frame you'll probably feel a bit more comfortable. If you can already hop, just keep practicing. Lean back and lift the front wheel, then hop and pull your legs up to level out

|

9/25/2016 5:58 PM

keep practicing, i had the same exact problems when i was first learning and what helped me was to find a crack or something on the ground and lift the front wheel to pass the crack and then the back wheels, after a couple go´s i tried to put both those movements together and bunny hopped correctly for the first time

once you do your first correct bunny hop the rest will only get better, so watch some vids to figure out the technique and try to record yourself, it really helps yo see what youre doing wrong

|

9/25/2016 6:08 PM

Do what grumpySteve and rust said, but let me pitch my 2 cents. I can hop 2 feet high, and the only way I can do that is by pulling my bars up to my chest. I'll try to get a video up soon. Also, see how far you can get just your front wheel off of the ground. Then see how far you can get your back wheel off the ground. Then start to put the 2 movements together (just like rust said) and you'll be able to hop much better.

|

9/25/2016 6:53 PM

....and, a hop with both wheels coming off at the same time, and up to the same height is a legitimate kind of hop, so it is not bad thing to be able to do eitehr

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

10/24/2016 6:46 PM

Bump (seeing if there are any other answers out of curiosity)

|

I swear to drunk i'm not god

10/24/2016 8:12 PM

Google. How to bump jump?

|

F¬ Bom 5403692331

10/25/2016 2:27 AM

sXeBMXer wrote:

....and, a hop with both wheels coming off at the same time, and up to the same height is a legitimate kind of hop, so it is ...more

no. it has no use in bmx.

|

10/28/2016 5:08 PM

I learned by first practicing getting just the front up really high. Then practice jumping just the back off the ground. Final step is to just put the two together.

|

10/31/2016 8:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/31/2016 9:02 PM

Pull the handlebars towards you and jump like this extending your legs
Photo
And then push out like this
Photo

instead of trying to go up, focus on pulling your handlebars you your stomach/legs swiftly.
You're frame is def 2 short. I would go for a 21"

|

please embed videos

My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]