Help with choosing a bike "1millionth thread im sure but please"

Related:
Create New Tag

1/20/2019 6:03 PM

HEy there so very soon im looking into getting into bmx i used to ride when i was alot younger but anyway im 6'1 or 6'2 and im stuck between cult devotion, and sunday chris childs and the erik elstran which ill drop links below to im leaning most toward the elstran signiture but at my height ive been told you will feel to cramped and i know some poeple will recommend going bigger then 21' but im not looking for going bigger just due to wanting something a little more nimble looking to ride street and some parks and i just dont want to go out and spend the moeny if what im after isnt realistic or if you guys have other suggestions id also be down to hear them thanks for your time reading this and or answering back!

https://www.danscomp.com/products/101125/2019_Sunday_EX_(Chris_Childs)_Bike.html
https://www.danscomp.com/products/101126/2019_Sunday_EX_(Erik_Elstran)_Bike.html
https://www.danscomp.com/products/101137/2019_Cult_Devotion_4pc_Bike.html

|

1/20/2019 6:16 PM

Yes.

|

1/20/2019 6:19 PM

Yes to what my bro

|

1/20/2019 7:18 PM

Steer clear of Danscomp and you're off to a great start. They're not what they once were...

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

1/20/2019 9:00 PM

I was just using them as a reference to the bikes but do you have any opinions on the bikes or alternatives and what websites would you recommend

|

1/20/2019 11:02 PM

I’d go for the Chris Childs Sunday or the Cult. They’ve both got a longer TT than the other one and given you’re pretty tall, you’ll appreciate the extra room! The frame geo appears to be identical on the Chris Childs and Erik E frame bar the slightly longer TT, so sounds like that’s going to be your best bet.

|

1/21/2019 4:35 AM

All great bikes but, personally, I'd be looking at 21" & above. My personal preference would be 21.25" & above but everyone is different & how you feel on a bike is what matters most so take a test ride on as many bikes as you can get your hands on. If you don't have a LBS that stocks a size you want (doesn't matter what brand they are at this point), go to a local park, etc.... & see if you can ride someone else's bike.

Lastly, grammar & punctuation matters. A comma is the difference between:

"Helping your Uncle, Jack, off a horse"

- or -

"Helping your Uncle jack off a horse".

|

1/21/2019 8:36 AM

Don’t do it it’s a trap

|

1/21/2019 10:17 AM

I like the child's myself. But I'm bias because he's a friend lol But for sure stay away from Dan's comp.

|

1/21/2019 2:15 PM

The only thing I’m worried about with the chris child’s bike is I think the frame is not a full chromaly frame where the cult is but at the same time the chris child’s bike may have better parts other than the frame which is where I’m having a hard time really trying to get the best I can in that price range since I won’t be able to keep throwing large sums of money at it later so I want to be off on a good start if that makes sense

|

1/22/2019 5:31 AM

Sik Snow wrote:

The only thing I’m worried about with the chris child’s bike is I think the frame is not a full chromaly frame where the cult is but at the same time the chris child’s bike may have better parts other than the frame which is where I’m having a hard time really trying to get the best I can in that price range since I won’t be able to keep throwing large sums of money at it later so I want to be off on a good start if that makes sense

Yeah, you know, from what I read it seems like it is NOT 100% Chromoly. At $509, that would be a deal breaker for me. Sure, it might not make a difference (seems like the only spots that aren't Chromoly are the seat tube and seat stays) but there are other completes on the market for less that are full 4130 crmo. As for parts.... I don't know that "these parts" will be that much better than "those parts" when it comes to completes. Yes, that is a (very) general statement & there are differences but I don't know that I'd sacrifice the frame for parts.

|

1/22/2019 2:07 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

All great bikes but, personally, I'd be looking at 21" & above. My personal preference would be 21.25" & above but everyone is different & how you feel on a bike is what matters most so take a test ride on as many bikes as you can get your hands on. If you don't have a LBS that stocks a size you want (doesn't matter what brand they are at this point), go to a local park, etc.... & see if you can ride someone else's bike.

Lastly, grammar & punctuation matters. A comma is the difference between:

"Helping your Uncle, Jack, off a horse"

- or -

"Helping your Uncle jack off a horse".

Lmao

|

1/22/2019 2:07 PM

Out of these the Cult is full Chromo?

|

1/22/2019 4:10 PM

Thats exactly what i was thinking @mishinn_Control is I would rather have a strong frame that will take a beating instead of having a frame that will be more susceptible to snapping, since i could not afford to throw another large sum at it at that point

|