Help with freecoasters, united supreme ?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/30/2016 1:59 AM

Hey,
I'm wondering if United supreme freecoaster would be as good as federal V3 ?
Asking because it's discounted atm and costs only 93€.
Is much as i know all freecoasters with KHE internals should act the same so is United supreme a good choice ?

Ty for any kind of help guys

|

kek

6/30/2016 3:38 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/30/2016 3:40 AM

2goXD wrote:

Hey,
I'm wondering if United supreme freecoaster would be as good as federal V3 ?
Asking because it's discounted atm and ...more

The v3 is much better. Yeah it has the same internals but the v3 has better upgrades.
The v3 has a 14mm heat treated hollow male axle, i dont think the united axle is heat-treated and it also has 3/8th bolts. 3/8th bolts are good for the front though. The v3 (i believe) has chromoly hardware as stated by danscomp, and it has a thrust bearing that uses needle bearings for smoother back pedaling and more reliability. It has a few other upgrades as well. Overall the v3 is much better and It would be better to spend the extra money. (:

|

6/30/2016 4:04 AM

Ok so it's better to take male axle for freecoaster instead of female ?
Then i will just take federal V3 male... i thought female's are stronger :/
ty for helping

|

kek

6/30/2016 4:05 AM

Oh... is the federal V3 best one to take or are there other valid options ?

|

kek

6/30/2016 5:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/30/2016 5:15 AM

2goXD wrote:

Oh... is the federal V3 best one to take or are there other valid options ?

True females are stronger (true females are 14mm axles) look it up if you need. there might only be one or two true female freecoasters (i think). You will be fine with a 14mm heat treated male axle. The federal v3 is good for a mid price range free coaster! look at specials online at free coasters, i would advise you to post on here about it before you buy to makes sure you are getting something of quality with no known problems. It would be good to get a complete freecoaster wheel, its less hassle and is only a bit more expensive than buying a hub and then having a bikeshop lace it. Buy a free coaster by its self if you already have good rims/spokes. it cost 50-60AUD to get it laced up to a rim in Australia. Yeah it really depends on your price range for the quality you want. Also if you get a coaster make sure you maintain it by greasing it and inspecting the bearings and internals about once a month or so depending on how much you ride. (:

|

6/30/2016 12:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/30/2016 12:06 PM

I will buy rims, spokes and hubs because i'm building complete... and they will assemble wheels for free so no problem about that :D

I will buy from this site, if you want to you can check this site out http://www.sourcebmx.com/
and tell me which freecoaster would you buy from this site.

Ty for any kind of help

|

kek

6/30/2016 12:21 PM

Do i have to buy Odyssey SXTN Clutch to make sure my drive side bearing won't explode ?
I really don't wan't to break it after a few months and if that means paying extra 60€ i'm ok with that

|

kek

6/30/2016 5:11 PM

2goXD wrote:

Do i have to buy Odyssey SXTN Clutch to make sure my drive side bearing won't explode ?
I really don't wan't to break it after ...more

No you dont have to, There was a thread on here a few days ago talking about the oddy clutch maybe check that out. Look into the oddy clutch and sunday cyclone freecoaster for something that is really good, keep in mind it is alot more expencive. The v3 is still good though. Keep in mind if you grind, they both has plastic hubguards you will have to replace when they wear down or crack , there probably is a metal guard from a diffrent company that fits it though but i havent seen any luck yet on this site. Im not sure what coaster i would get from that site tbh.

|