Help with hub please??

Related:
Create New Tag

8/13/2017 11:17 AM

Hey guys, so I have a stock rear hub that came off of my Haro. I took it into the shop a couple of months ago to get it rebuilt, and the guy rebuilt it for me and said that it wouldn't happen again. So here I am with this hub and all the bearings fell out. AGAIN! I took it apart and saw that the cup that held the bearings was completely crushed. I took a couple pictures to see if anyone can help me to see what's going on with this. I want to fix it myself, and don't want to pay a shop to do it for me. It would also be helpful if you could give me links to anything that needs to be purchased. Not necessary but helpful. Thank you so much!
-WildeB33st

Photo
Photo
Photo

|

8/13/2017 11:35 AM

Well, you lost all your bearings. I have no idea what size or how many ball bearings fit in those hubs. I'd just buy a new hub instead of wasting money trying to get this fixed.

|

8/13/2017 11:42 AM

It's ruined. You cannot fix it. You shouldn't have been told it won't happen again. Any time I have to do any kind of hub service on a loose ball hub I make sure the customer is fully aware that if there's any wear to the inside of the hub it will happen again, and a new wheel is their only option if that happens.

|

8/13/2017 12:38 PM

You can find a new hub that's similar for like $20 on eBay. Or you can get a nice one for like $100+ and never have any problems.

|

8/13/2017 11:43 PM

Or, meet in the middle. Revenge Industries makes a pretty decent wheelset for about $150.00.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn