Help with making my Hub LOUDER!

Related:
Create New Tag

5/13/2013 5:45 PM

Umm so i need help making my hub louder... iv freakin tried everything... does anyone know how to really make it loud?? and not the stupid ass grease way? im talking like a really smart way that makes the hub louder. ty

|

5/13/2013 5:47 PM

I hear if you take a hammer and smash the hub repeatedly with the hammer it will be really loud!

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

5/13/2013 5:47 PM

The smart way, is taking out all the grease and I mean all of it.
And put WD40 instead trust me it will be loud as hell.
I did it to my KHE Coaster and now it sounds like a Profile Elite.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

5/13/2013 5:48 PM

Four wrote:

I hear if you take a hammer and smash the hub repeatedly with the hammer it will be really loud!

This.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

5/13/2013 5:52 PM

Four wrote:

Mikel8149 wrote:

This.

yop or throw that shit onto the freeway and leave it for a few hours.. loudest hub you'll ever have

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

andyferly wrote:

where exactly do you hammer it?

|

you guys are assholes, give him the correct answer.

take your hub apart, the driver side, take that nut off and pull the driver off and you'll see pawls & springs inside it. Take them out, they're in there to quiet your hub down. take them out and throw them away, you don't need them anymore. put it all back together and you're good to go. it won't sound loud when you spin it back, but once you get on your bike and pedal it'll be loud as fuck

source- I'm a fuckin pro at this shit

|

5/13/2013 5:53 PM

andyferly wrote:

PhilipHCho wrote:

On the G-Spot.

|

5/13/2013 5:55 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

take your hub apart, the driver side, take that nut off and pull the driver off and you'll see pawls & springs inside it. Take them out, they're in there to quiet your hub down. take them out and throw them away, you don't need them anymore. put it all back together and you're good to go. it won't sound loud when you spin it back, but once you get on your bike and pedal it'll be loud as fuck

While using this process make sure that the edge of your stem is extra sharp, you know just to be sure.

|

5/13/2013 6:00 PM

PhilipHCho wrote:

Just all over, wack it like youre wacking off and trying to finish before getting caught.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

5/13/2013 6:04 PM

you guys are sad just go on youtube there heaps of vids on how to make a hub louder what hub are you running

|

ride or die

5/13/2013 6:10 PM

or you can attach megaphone to the back of you bike and tape down the trigger and ride it will be way louder

|

ride or die

5/13/2013 6:13 PM

why exactly do you want a loud hub?

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

5/13/2013 6:14 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

why exactly do you want a loud hub?

because all the cool kids have loud hubs

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

5/13/2013 6:22 PM

dude dont be a trend whore no one likes a trend whore

|

ride or die

5/13/2013 6:50 PM

it dosent matter how loud your hub is and stop being a trend whore!!!! for me it only matters if the hub is strong and reliable and i dont give a fuck if a hub is heavy as fuck because it dosent fucking matter!!!!!! also, fuck all those weight weenies who care about making their bikes loud or light as possibles there all fucking dumbasses who think having the best bmx bike is one that is the lightest or loudest so who gives a fuck about if your hub is loud so take your freaking bike outside and ride motherfucker i have a hub that is probably the quietest hub in my neihborhood and i dont give a shit because it lasted me for years. so stop bitching and making these type of stupid threads and ride already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

|

5/13/2013 6:58 PM

it would be nice to see a technical thread like which bearings roll the best.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

5/13/2013 7:02 PM

Sand and glass.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

5/13/2013 7:04 PM

BEES! Its all about BEEs in your hub. Shaking around as you ride those fuckers get pissed! If you want it like unbearably ultra loud then slap a couple of hornets in there! Bigger, Badder & most importantly louder! Failing that tape a playing card to your frame in direct contact with the spokes, shit sounds like a motorbike coming. Trust me you'll be one of the cool kids in minutes!

|

5/13/2013 7:05 PM

Topsey wrote:

BEES! Its all about BEEs in your hub. Shaking around as you ride those fuckers get pissed! If you want it like unbearably ultra loud then slap a couple of hornets in there! Bigger, Badder & most importantly louder! Failing that tape a playing card to your frame in direct contact with the spokes, shit sounds like a motorbike coming. Trust me you'll be one of the cool kids in minutes!

Photo
|

5/13/2013 7:06 PM

How can you make it dead quiet? I like being sneaky then making bird calls when I get close to people!

|

Anderson IN

5/13/2013 7:59 PM

bro.
Photo
my system louder than your system

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

5/13/2013 8:04 PM

loudsilence96 wrote:

How can you make it dead quiet? I like being sneaky then making bird calls when I get close to people!

I used axel grease to quiet mine, it almost completly queit except for faint ticking noise

|

Murica bike check

5/13/2013 8:32 PM

andyferly wrote:

i did this, didn't wear my pawls at all!!!

try some draino!!, usually makes the hub super loud!!!

|

5/13/2013 8:34 PM

He must be a beginner cause he just joined in March with no posts and then today, posted a topic asking how to make a hub louder and replying with 2 non-knowledgeable questions. Just go look on youtube or the search bar on here. Explore around.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

5/13/2013 10:40 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

andyferly wrote:

While using this process make sure that the edge of your stem is extra sharp, you know just to be sure.

I lol'ed at you guys. I remember being thankful for the stem pad several times.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

5/14/2013 1:28 AM

Open your hub, take the pawls apart, clean it really good with wd40.
Make sure it has 0 grease.

Put some super glue on your springs and pawls, it will make them stronger thus making a louder clicking sound.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

5/14/2013 2:08 AM

Stick it in your asshole.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE][LINK TO IMAGE]
PayPal Verified(;
REFs: 1of1547, Areansfsl, ScramHype, Lirider187, Blizzbikes, tito24 aka mom, ii Krxfted, Broughton, Bmx-junkie, Stoney Hawk

Shadow - Subrosa

5/14/2013 2:35 AM

PaViMo wrote:

Stick it in your asshole.

haha, this :L

As soon as i saw the thread tittle I knew he was gunna get abuse :L

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

5/14/2013 7:24 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

andyferly wrote:

Chuck8273 wrote:

I lol'ed at you guys. I remember being thankful for the stem pad several times.

I rode chainless a few times when I snapped my chain and I forgot not having the chain so I was doing a feeble oppo 180 fakied out landed pretty slow so I just pedaled instinctively and bashed my knee so hard I couldn't walk anymore no joke.

|