Help with my friends wheel.

Related:
Create New Tag

8/2/2013 2:52 PM

So his bike has some stock alienation wheels, they are unsealed, in the skatepark he crashed a little and his front wheel is loose, he tried to tighten up the cones up that didn't work (the wheel was wobbling left and right) so he took his wheel off and tried to look at the bearing (little ball bearings in there) then when he tried to put it back on it was almost off the axle (it wobbles on the axle)

How does he fix it?

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

8/2/2013 3:10 PM

Help

|

8/3/2013 8:32 AM

I guess it's fucked

|

8/3/2013 8:40 AM

Probably, Idk what he did to it... I haven't broken a single hub yet, because I don't really do grinds. Maybe tell him to get semi-sealed or sealed hubs in the future.

|

8/4/2013 7:16 PM

make sure non of the bearings have fallen into the centre of the hub and make sure they will all make contact with the cones. if they don't it will obviously cause play in the wheel. if you need to you can clean all of the bearings and the hub then apply new lube and tighten them properly making sure the hub is centred with the axle. in the future try and upgrade to a sealed hub. you should be able to find them pretty dam cheap unless you are dealing with your LBS

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

8/4/2013 7:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/4/2013 7:22 PM

My friend snapped his axle & it was something like this. He rode it and thought it was loose for 3 days then went to take it off & it was snapped.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

8/4/2013 7:31 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

My friend snapped his axle & it was something like this. He rode it and thought it was loose for 3 days then went to take it off & it was snapped.

hohohoh thats awesome. I would actually love that to happen to me but with an older wheel (I like mine) just for a subject changer in arguments. wink

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

8/4/2013 8:03 PM

i had this happen to my front alienation wheel except i also bent my axle what i did was take the wheel complete apart theres a few vids on youtube that can teach this i cleaned it replaced some broken bearings and the nuts that hold the bearings in place since they were in pretty bad condition and the axle as well then went back to riding

|

Last words?
Just have fun on your bike.
- Jeremiah Smith