Help with my new GT Air 2012 to come?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/7/2013 6:13 AM

Ok, so first of all thanks for taking time to answer this. My parents have recently ordered me the bike i wanted - A GT Air 2012 satin grey bike - it's good for its price - i am paying £180.00 for it and my dad has also brought me a safety lock costing £30.00. I already have a pro-tec helmet which is good. I used to ride scooter but as i am almost going into year 10 at my school, i have kinda grown out of it, and i am 15 in January. I have always wanted a good BMX but my parents unfortunately don't see what's wrong with the one i have now - it's terrible. The sprocket is giant, its rusty, huge frame, heave etc...and i can't do anything on it. After a few years, they have finally decided to buy me a good bike that i want, only because they don't want me to be inside for the holidays (6 weeks in the UK.) I am really excited, but my bike isnt coming for 2-3 weeks, so i have plenty of time. My holidays start in 2 weeks and a half. I am pretty god damn excited, and i managed to find this website. I was hoping to get a few comments? Will this bike be Ok and good for me?I am not a complete beginner, i can go up and down most ramps, bunny-hop and foot-jam.(I used to ride my friends GT Fly a bit) So i know some stuff but i am still classed as an amateur. Is this bike any good, and will it be Ok for Flatland tricks too? Thanks!Photo

|

7/7/2013 7:38 AM

It'll be ok for now. Get 4 pegs if you want to try flatland out. Once you really start progressing you'll destroy that bike though. My advice is to ride it till it breaks, but save your money in the mean time for new parts. Check out the video section for some inspiration. Happy riding!

|

fack off

7/7/2013 8:27 AM

Thanks man! I mean, i am so excited, and seeing all these videos on youtube with all the stuff you can do on a BMX Just get sme more pumped!http://shop.pro-tec.net/pro_uk/classic-gloss-black.html and is this helmet ok?i have it butmine is different as it is patterned, thanks!

|

7/7/2013 9:53 AM

Just be prepared to shell out a lot of money. The third day after I got my fiction savage I fucked the back rim. The front hubs bearings messed up cuz it was all unsealed. Also had to replace unsealed bb kit. A new chain . The new rims I got are sick. Demo laced to premo mix and the front is a bsd laced to proper rim.also just ordered a freeze stem. Fit faf 2.3 for my front tire . And a 2.2 in the back. New odi longnecks cuz the other ones were shit and had built in bar ends. I got Twisted pc's also. Bikes cost too much:/

|

Refs - Tomdon x2, DGK_all_day_AKA_, bmx4life121303

7/7/2013 11:29 AM

Really low end GT.Guess it's better to destroy this while learning and saving for something better.Since you don't live in America,you should have no problems buying the higher end stuff later.

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

7/7/2013 11:42 AM

Thanks man, i think it'll be ok...It's 7:5pm here so i guess that's why this hasnt got many replies yet. I hope it'll be ok.

|

7/7/2013 11:48 AM

it will hold for a while but don't expect to truck a 10 set and be fine... just saying. It will be fine fro you until you get good

|

Bruh

7/7/2013 11:59 AM

Dude don't get it it'll be too small for you my friend has it 19 inch tt and the bars are low as fuck try and find something else for the price

|

Bang Bang bmx

7/7/2013 12:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/7/2013 12:06 PM

my friend had this bike when it first came out and i'm currently running the forks this bike is the biggest failure i've seen with my own eyes to date for a complete bike but it helped him when he first started but as soon as he started doing 180s out of banks and flat he started breaking more and more on it till he cracked the frame

|

Give props if deserved but know respect is earned.
-Anthony Flores
My Kinky Setup

7/7/2013 12:10 PM

agcrx wrote:

Just be prepared to shell out a lot of money. The third day after I got my fiction savage I fucked the back rim. The front hubs bearings messed up cuz it was all unsealed. Also had to replace unsealed bb kit. A new chain . The new rims I got are sick. Demo laced to premo mix and the front is a bsd laced to proper rim.also just ordered a freeze stem. Fit faf 2.3 for my front tire . And a 2.2 in the back. New odi longnecks cuz the other ones were shit and had built in bar ends. I got Twisted pc's also. Bikes cost too much:/

They can, but if well taken care of they last a long time.

My bike still looks new, had all of the parts on it for a year and a half now. I ride it without beating the crap out of it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/7/2013 12:42 PM

Damn...but like I said I am a beginner...will it be able to take Grinds aned foot-jam tailwhips and stuff?

|

7/7/2013 12:45 PM

Yeah it's not the best but if you're just starting it should be alright.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

7/7/2013 1:09 PM

Thanks...I'm gonna look after it and everything...It's gonna be my first proper decent BMX so i'm kinda pumped atm haha

|

7/7/2013 1:54 PM

Well it should be okay for a beginner. But you can do what i did when parents refused to pay the full price for a ride! For my first bike they agreed to give me 150 (partly bc it was my bday) but if you save like 150 more, or any more than that you may be able to get a pretty good bike thatll hold up for a while!!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/7/2013 2:00 PM

Damnnn man i cant!Is this bike really that bad?I hope it isnt!sadsadsadsad

|

7/7/2013 3:22 PM

Tommy69 wrote:

Damnnn man i cant!Is this bike really that bad?I hope it isnt!sadsadsadsad

Eh I think itll be okay since your a beginner..but as you progress you'll end up destroying it just save up some money and buy a new one once it breaks

|

Don't tell me how to live my life!

I failed the life test...

7/7/2013 10:48 PM

Thanks...What bike do you reccomend once i start hitting those 360's and no handers etc...?

|

7/8/2013 7:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/8/2013 7:16 AM

either a 2nd hand custom or a sunday/wtp/fit complete if you can afford.

|

Bruh

7/8/2013 7:59 AM

Thanks man i will probably buy a second hand custom...i will begin saving up soon, and my parents said they'd give me £200 if i do well in my exams next year and a half.

|