Help with part selection

Related:
Create New Tag

10/24/2011 7:27 AM

Hi, I am new to this site and I was hoping to learn from some veteran riders. I am riding a 2011 Diamondback Session and I am looking to basically strip it down to the frame, which I have grown fond of, and rebuild it so I am looking for advice on parts. I weigh about 225 lbs so when it come to parts reinforcing is good for me. If I can get stronger, less likely to bend parts, I will be okay with using a heavier component if it will give me the strength I need. At this point I wanted to keep the frame and the handle bars so I am basically looking for everything else. I have had a lot of trouble with rims and I was hoping someone could help find a set of strong wheels that can take extreme punishment with out bending. Also getting a preassembled set would make my life way easier. The DB frame also accepts a 14mm axel, so I am thinking the bigger the better. I have a single piece crank and I was going to stick with that but I bent my sprocket. I have also grown fond of my 44t 1/8 sprocket and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations about a sturdy replacement. The last main part I need is a fork. My fork works but on the interior of the stem there is a welded component which the bolt on the headset to screws into and hold the forks. This means I can not run the front brake cable down through the stem. Which means I must choose between a front brake or bar spins. (I do have a gyro set up for the rear brakes) So are there any recommendations for sturdy parts, specific brands, out there that will meet my needs. I don’t care if the brands match I am looking for function vs style. Thank you in advance for your help.

|

10/24/2011 8:06 AM

your frame sounds like it will be a lot of trouble and if your wiling to spend a lot of money buying bulky new parts you should just buy a bulky new/used aftermarket frame. the db one will be horrible to make riding capable.

|

xBMXx.

10/24/2011 8:07 AM

Whats your price range?

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

10/24/2011 8:40 AM

Bro, you need a new bike, this thing is going to a lot more effort and money, than if you just bought a nice complete.

|

Turn Around & Take It Like a Champ.
Badass Rap Songs
I has multiple refs.