Here we go again.

Related:
Create New Tag

4/12/2018 3:39 PM

Another video by Ryan Taylor. Only just started watching but he seems to be calling the mafia bikes guy a racist.

|

Hmmm

4/12/2018 4:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/12/2018 4:45 PM

Here's the link to Pinders video if anyones interested.
|

Ride everything

4/12/2018 6:25 PM

Scooter kids will keep this shit company alive , they’re retarded and Harry’s already got them wrapped around his fingers

|

4/13/2018 4:07 AM

William is definitely panicking. Looks like he's asked Harry to quit vlogging and push more sales.

|

4/13/2018 4:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/13/2018 4:30 AM

There's also this.....

Photo

|

Ride your bike.

Eat your vegetables.

Stay off Twitter.

- TheDarkEnergist

The Whip

4/13/2018 4:36 AM

DatJiggyNiggy wrote:

There's also this.....

Photo

Ahhh shit. This saddens me.

|

4/13/2018 4:36 AM

DatJiggyNiggy wrote:

There's also this.....

Photo

God damn looks like I'm gonna have to stop using custom riders and crucial, that sucks.

|

Hmmm

4/13/2018 5:17 AM

It's a good thing guys-kids will buy the bikes off the website, and Mafia is paying the shops to build the bikes (supports the shops in that manner). Brings more kids into the shops and when they inevitably snap the bikes, they can discuss with actual riders/shop people what doesn't suck.

Or they will quit.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/13/2018 5:43 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

It's a good thing guys-kids will buy the bikes off the website, and Mafia is paying the shops to build the bikes (supports the ...more

I agree with this. I'm still not a fan of mafia, but my biggest gripe was that they seemed to have no interest in supporting the industry. Obviously I'm not going g to go out and buy a bike. But this way the kids get an introduction to their local shop. The shop gets a bit if money too.

Looks like they've really been listening and are starting to put more effort in. And the aftermarket frames now come with a lifetime warranty.

|

4/13/2018 6:36 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

I agree with this. I'm still not a fan of mafia, but my biggest gripe was that they seemed to have no interest in supporting ...more

To your last sentence, it is a good thing that they're listening, but what makes me wonder is why didn't they do this in the first place?

It's not a mystery that selling direct hurts shops. It's not a mystery that a warranty will absolutely set you apart in the industry. It's not a mystery that calling your customers "pricks" in the comments is a bad move.

It's just too much drama surrounding a fuckin bike company. Honestly. When enough people call this guy a snake, he's a snake. Plain and simple.

I'm all for kids riding and being exposed to the sport, but this is all noise and having fun and riding is the signal.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

4/13/2018 7:49 AM

Just bought two, guys.

w00t

|

4/13/2018 8:21 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

It's a good thing guys-kids will buy the bikes off the website, and Mafia is paying the shops to build the bikes (supports the ...more

grumpySteve wrote:

I agree with this. I'm still not a fan of mafia, but my biggest gripe was that they seemed to have no interest in supporting ...more

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

To your last sentence, it is a good thing that they're listening, but what makes me wonder is why didn't they do this in the ...more

Yeah, but pretty much every bike company sells direct via their own website. And very few companies offer lifetime warranty. They're back tracking to save face. But they still have cheap bikes. The argument seems very two sided, between that Ryan Taylor bloke (never heard of him before all this), and Harry main. But collective bikes are no better, quality or value.

The owner of mafia might be a douche, but so is Ryan Taylor (and a hell of a lot of other business owners). They're all doing this for money, followers, YouTube views, fame etc.

|

4/13/2018 9:29 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Yeah, but pretty much every bike company sells direct via their own website. And very few companies offer lifetime warranty. ...more

True, I kinda forgot you could technically get bikes from the company directly, haha.

But yeah I agree, at this point its just tit for tat. The owner of Mafia sounds like a dick, but Ryan Taylor etc are dragging it out. It's just BS and I plan on just riding and not thinking about it anymore.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

4/13/2018 9:38 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

To your last sentence, it is a good thing that they're listening, but what makes me wonder is why didn't they do this in the ...more

grumpySteve wrote:

Yeah, but pretty much every bike company sells direct via their own website. And very few companies offer lifetime warranty. ...more

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

True, I kinda forgot you could technically get bikes from the company directly, haha.

But yeah I agree, at this point its ...more

Yeah that's my plan really. But I haven't had a chance to ride and I'm bored haha

|

4/13/2018 9:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/13/2018 10:43 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Yeah that's my plan really. But I haven't had a chance to ride and I'm bored haha

I was JUST able to ride yesterday, after work, for a bit. It was 61 degrees (F) when I got off work, drove the 26 miles home (& toward Lake Michigan)... the temp dropped 20 DEGREES!!! So I rode for an hour & the sun started going down, the wind picked up (enough to affect my spins) so I called it a night before I busted my ass. Today we have a high of 35 (off the lake) with gusting winds, rain/thunder storms, which are supposed to go thru the weekend.. & possibly turn to 3 inches of SNOW! This Spring is the worst ever! ANYWAY, think I'm gonna hit the indoor park this weekend. Screw the drama.

|

4/13/2018 10:42 AM

Park rat drama

|

Ride everything

4/13/2018 11:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/13/2018 11:36 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I was JUST able to ride yesterday, after work, for a bit. It was 61 degrees (F) when I got off work, drove the 26 miles home ...more

You kinda suck for that.

My nearest indoor is 65 miles or so away.

At least it is only 3 inches of snow. We are getting into the rain about now, and it is going to become a thunderblizzard tonight into tomorrow. Last I saw was anywhere from 8-24 inches. No joke.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/13/2018 11:09 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

Agree with you both! I know the guy at Entity, he has helped guide me through the industry and helps support local kids getting into riding. He has a great range of bikes and loads of knowledge. However they get there, walking into his shop will only open them up to the culture, brands and can only help my lbs start picking up the next generation of riders.

We all had to start somewhere

|

If you build it, they will come

4/13/2018 2:12 PM

Jibby wrote:

Park rat drama

^^^

|

4/13/2018 2:15 PM

dead goon wrote:

Just bought two, guys.

w00t

Two bikes?

|

4/13/2018 2:56 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I was JUST able to ride yesterday, after work, for a bit. It was 61 degrees (F) when I got off work, drove the 26 miles home ...more

dave lawrence wrote:

You kinda suck for that.

My nearest indoor is 65 miles or so away.

At least it is only 3 inches of snow. We are getting into ...more

Yeah, we are getting the rain now. Should freeze up tonight... Probably thaw tomorrow, turn to snow Sunday. You have it worse than I in the weather department, that's for sure. Come to think of it, I have a park 20 minutes away so I have it better there too. But shitty weather is shitty weather. I'm not riding in the rain @ 35 degrees. So I'll have to make time for the park. I think you should move to Milwaukee so I have someone to ride with! Eh? Eh?

|

4/13/2018 3:05 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Two bikes?

Cranmer's kitchen?

|

Hmmm

4/13/2018 3:12 PM

dead goon wrote:

Just bought two, guys.

w00t

Bulletpup wrote:

Two bikes?

Edman123 wrote:

Cranmer's kitchen?

Uncle bens rice?

|

4/13/2018 3:21 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Two bikes?

Edman123 wrote:

Cranmer's kitchen?

Bulletpup wrote:

Uncle bens rice?

So I guess you haven't seen it then... Do yourself a favour

cool
|

Hmmm

4/13/2018 5:19 PM

Edman123 wrote:

Cranmer's kitchen?

Bulletpup wrote:

Uncle bens rice?

Edman123 wrote:

So I guess you haven't seen it then... Do yourself a favour

cool

Big daddy 8ft air to smith peg removal...lol

|

4/14/2018 3:46 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

other bike companies have dealer networks to support their product,provide warranty etc. and they sell at their website a higher price (no sales) then the locals. they don't try to kill the local shops by selling at wholesale prices. So not quite the same thing.

|

New tech can't beat old school cool...or can it?
1987 O.O.S. Redline RL20II (Old Old Stock - this ain't no museum piece kids!)
2012 Norco Deviant
1996 GT Avalanche LE w/ Full 2002 XT upgrade and NE Total Air MZO fork

4/14/2018 8:23 PM

Jibby wrote:

Here's the link to Pinders video if anyones interested.

Love how he gets fired and the very next month he is posting a bike check of his Hitmain on his youtube channel.

Reads to me like Ryan and others are coaxing him to talk shit about the company.

|

4/15/2018 8:22 AM

I feel like Taylor is doing just as much damage to himself and his new start up as he does to MB because other then their Insta calling some commenters pricks they haven't really spoken their side of the story.

So by default it just looks like Taylor is trying to destroy a local business rival using slander and deformation via his and others online platforms. Personally I don't think all of this drama will shutter the company and their silence on the matter will help insure that, time will tell tho it will be interesting to see as it unfold further....

|

Ride your bike.

Eat your vegetables.

Stay off Twitter.

- TheDarkEnergist

The Whip

4/15/2018 8:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2018 8:45 AM

Look at Harry's latest videos. His like/dislike ratio is appalling. He seems under a lot of stress and he's losing the plot. If you ask me, I think he's stuck between a rock and a hard place. He's not allowed to say anything about it. We already know what happens when you address drama in a video without getting permission. He's obviously been asked to stop the vlogging and drive sales. He's a puppet. Also, his perfectly timed 10 minute videos are funny.

|

4/15/2018 8:52 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

Oldguyjon wrote:

other bike companies have dealer networks to support their product,provide warranty etc. and they sell at their website a ...more

Bike companies usually sell at the rrp. Over here it's illegal to sell for less than rrp when selling direct, so that might have something to do with it. But no one sells at higher than rrp unless they're intentionally ripping people off. If a shop wants to sell it cheaper, it's entirely up to them.

|