Hiring BMX Instructors for Summer Camp

Related:
Create New Tag

2/25/2020 11:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/17/2020 9:42 AM

Hi,

I manage all the "Wheeled Sports" (Skateboarding, BMX, MTN Biking & ATV Treks) at a BSA High Adventure Base in West Virginia. We have 8 weeks of camp & I am looking for BMX instructors but we are hiring in all departments. We have a large BMX dirt jump and racing facility that we typically run our BMX program in but, I am looking to teach street skills in our skate park this year as well.

Our skate park is HUGE and when it was built in 2013, it was deemed the 2nd largest skate park in the country at 100,000 square feet of concrete! There are 3 bowls, a street section, a flow area, a 13" vert ramp and a prefab area with a foam pit (although the foam pit and vert ramp are rarely used).

Our camp is on 10,000 acres of property and is the home of the National Scout Jamboree held every 4 years (next one is in 2021). Last summer we hosted the World Scout Jamboree where 45,000 people, from 150 countries, camped on property for 12 days so that is why we have such a large "playground". (the 2 photos are from 2013 when the facility was first built)

We provide a monthly wage, tent housing (walled tent on a platform with 2 cots) & meals (plus access to a ton of fun activities). If you are interested, or know anyone who might be, check out summitbsa.org where you will see a "find jobs" link near the bottom of the page.

Photo

Photo

|

2/25/2020 1:14 PM

Not even gonna lie I'd totally be about doing this but I live in MS and I ride flatland exclusively lol. If I'm ever in West Virginia I'm definitely gonna come check this place out.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

2/25/2020 1:30 PM

That’s sick! If I weren’t in the middle of the ocean, I’d probably be more inclined to go haha.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

2/25/2020 2:54 PM

I wonder if my cranks would be ok dropping in on the 13" vert ramp, yeah, it's no 9'er

|

2/25/2020 3:04 PM

4130Junkie wrote:

I wonder if my cranks would be ok dropping in on the 13" vert ramp, yeah, it's no 9'er

Photo
|

Don’t put 25.4 bars in a 22.2 stem.

2/25/2020 3:07 PM

4130Junkie wrote:

Spongeworthy wrote: Photo

WHAT IS THIS, A RAMP FOR ANTS?
IT NEEDS TO BE ATLEAST.... THREE TIMES AS BIG!

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

2/25/2020 4:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/25/2020 4:18 PM

I am a “street” rider & currently working for a BMX shop in Virginia and would love to help out if I can. Shoot me an email and I’ll put a resume together for you.

Saintlouisbmx@gmail.com

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/26/2020 4:24 AM

If I were not married with kids, I would be ALL OVER THIS.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/26/2020 5:40 AM

Wow, looks awesome!

|

Licensed Desk Jockey

2/26/2020 7:06 AM

That would be an awesome job !

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

2/29/2020 7:45 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

If I were not married with kids, I would be ALL OVER THIS.

This is me in a nutshell.

|

I believe in hub guard protection

2/29/2020 8:48 AM

I think i’ve heard lf this place. No one ever goes there because it’s boy scouts only or some bullshit.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling