Hop Bars.

Related:
Create New Tag

3/8/2011 6:22 PM

it was raining today, so i opted to try them. first time ever going for one, and i got them in 20 minutes. i did 3 in a row, and a total of about 15. super stoked, their definately not clean yet, because i hit my head if i bunny hop to high in my garage, and i cant go to fast or else if i bail then my bike will go straight into a wall. (video in comments so this doesnt get moved)

|

3/8/2011 6:23 PM

|

3/8/2011 6:23 PM

can you do them flyout?

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

3/8/2011 6:25 PM

good but if u continue throwin ur bars with both hands you'll never be able to throw em the right way.

nice job though

|

Check Profile for 24 Refs!

Chicago BMX Video!!

3/8/2011 6:26 PM

nicee bro

|

3/8/2011 6:28 PM

watch your rear foot to make sure it stays level, dropping the foot is a bad habit.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

3/8/2011 6:28 PM

cupovjoe wrote:

can you do them flyout?

yes sir. i dont have access to a flyout, but last time i rode one i landed a couple after about 7 tries.

|

3/8/2011 6:32 PM

i just learned them too smile

|

i cracked my b-rad therefor i am a cool kitty cat!
facebook

my baby deliyla

3/8/2011 6:33 PM

Bad habit of not doing a real bunnyhop...

|

My nigga Ressler, stay up!
My nigga Babysatan, stay up!
My nigga Copiolet, stay up!
My nigga DakAttack, stay up!
My nigga NCDave, stay up!
My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

3/8/2011 6:33 PM

~Stolen Boy~ wrote:

good but if u continue throwin ur bars with both hands you'll never be able to throw em the right way.

nice job though

yeah, im gonna work on the one handed throw/catch. using both hands is definately easier for hop bars, but looks ugly as fuck

|

3/8/2011 6:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/8/2011 6:38 PM

JustRideBMX wrote:

i couldnt... i stated above that if i bunnyhop more ill hit my head on the ceiling, im almost 6ft and the ceiling are 8 foot

|

3/8/2011 6:37 PM

JustRideBMX wrote:

collin86 wrote:

i couldnt... i stated above that if i bunnyhop more ill hit my head on the ceiling, im almost 6ft and the ceiling are 8 foot

those ceilings are atleast 8, most doorways are regulation 7 foot, check it.

|

Bike check?

3/8/2011 6:39 PM

JustRideBMX wrote:

collin86 wrote:

cupovjoe wrote:

meant to put 8. edited.

|

3/9/2011 3:55 AM

judging by the height of your head when you hop, an the height of your garage door roller track, which is about a foot below the roof, you have a fuckin long way to go before you hit your head, just coz your 6 foot doesn't mean your 6 foot above your bike, hop more, it'll make it easier

|

3/9/2011 4:57 AM

cupovjoe wrote:

can you do them flyout?

collin86 wrote:

yes sir. i dont have access to a flyout, but last time i rode one i landed a couple after about 7 tries.

sweet as man.

|

3/9/2011 9:40 AM

bazzalinko wrote:

judging by the height of your head when you hop, an the height of your garage door roller track, which is about a foot below the roof, you have a fuckin long way to go before you hit your head, just coz your 6 foot doesn't mean your 6 foot above your bike, hop more, it'll make it easier

not taking any chances, ive hit my head on the ceiling before and it hurt like a bitch. when its stops raining im gonna do them outside and actually bunnyhop.

|

3/9/2011 9:46 AM

try and stop holding your breath when throwing them

|

LIFE BEHIND BARS

3/9/2011 9:55 AM

nice job man, thats really solid for 20 minutes. Have you tried half bars before?

|

3/9/2011 11:53 AM

JustRideBMX wrote:

collin86 wrote:

cupovjoe wrote:

Yes, go and check the height of your doorways and ceilings, that will most certainly help your barspins smile

|

3/9/2011 12:29 PM

i swear that i saw a video of you pulling one in a line ages ago

|

3/9/2011 12:30 PM

nice job on the bars

|

[b]( . Y . )` ~ ~ ` ~

3/9/2011 12:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/9/2011 12:38 PM

hahah, the third attempt is priceless.

good job though, how wide are your bars?

|

3/9/2011 12:47 PM

Good work man! I just learned little girly sorta manual bars and flyout bars. its fun.

|

3/9/2011 2:25 PM

At least he's putting in some effort to learn and that gets you a hearty handshake my good friend! Hahaha! It looks good man, keep up the good work!

|

3/9/2011 5:55 PM

here we go....

rideallday: i always do that for some reason. cant help it.

careyn: i actually tried a halfbar and it accidentally went all the way around, and then i got my camera out and filmed this

bermybmxer: yep that was me, but it was a busdriver barspin. so it doesnt count

swallowmycock:thanks bro

cody: they are 28.5

shakesman: yeah ive always thought bars where scary but they are actually super fun when you land them

cleanbmx: thank you sirsmile and trust me, i will get them dialed as soon as i get out of the hospital, and can do them outside

|

3/9/2011 6:04 PM

nice job learning them, but relearn them quick!
youre x-uping a lot, and that makes them really inconsistent, especially if youre going them down stairsets or ledges. and you have to learn to jet hop, pinch your knees, drop your catching hand by the toptube, and throw with the other hand. makes them 100x more consistent, and youll be able to get them dialed down anything and anywhere once you get the technique down. trust me, I learned them x up'd and thought barspins were always gonna be impossible to land consistently. and then i started trying them flyout, relearned the technique from my friend who throws them the right way, and now i do them anywhere haha

|

3/10/2011 6:51 AM

JKbmx09 wrote:

youre x-uping a lot, and that makes them really inconsistent, especially if youre going them down stairsets or ledges. and you have to learn to jet hop, pinch your knees, drop your catching hand by the toptube, and throw with the other hand. makes them 100x more consistent, and youll be able to get them dialed down anything and anywhere once you get the technique down. trust me, I learned them x up'd and thought barspins were always gonna be impossible to land consistently. and then i started trying them flyout, relearned the technique from my friend who throws them the right way, and now i do them anywhere haha

i cant ride for 2 weeks. im in the hospital and just got done with surgery.... so im gonna have to re learn them anyway

|

3/10/2011 6:51 AM

i cant ride for 2 weeks. im in the hospital and just got done with surgery.... so im gonna have to re learn them anyway

|

3/10/2011 6:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/10/2011 6:55 PM

JKbmx09 wrote:

collin86 wrote:

oh, why are you getting surgery?

edit: why DID you get surgery?

|

3/10/2011 10:20 PM

JKbmx09 wrote:

collin86 wrote:

JKbmx09 wrote:

oh, why are you getting surgery?

edit: why DID you get surgery?

X-Up Barspins.

|