Hop barspin help

Related:
Create New Tag

2/21/2014 5:40 PM

Ok, I can Manuel or pull-up barspin every try, but can't hop and do them. I've given hop bars a try, but the bars always get caught up or smack my knees. I try pinching my seat( which isn't slammed, check out my newest bike check), but pinching doesn't feel right or natural. So please give me some tips on , thank you all.

I can't get to any fly outs.

|

Save the industry

2/21/2014 5:59 PM

how/to section.....

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

2/21/2014 6:38 PM

T-rider wrote:

how/to section.....

No one looks there...

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

2/21/2014 7:18 PM

Bane of My Life!!! Before I had to stop Riding I had them 8/10 & a couple of weeks back I decided I'd give one a try.... So I have some advice for You... DON'T Do it in Your Hall way, CATCH THE BARS! & If You don't catch the Bars, EJECT!! Don't try & save the Bike because it bounces of the floor smacks You in the face & You have to have Emergency Root Canal Surgery to stop You being in indescribable agony lol...

All Jokes aside, My Advice is You have to 110% commit! I'd actually recommend practicing Hop No Handers first! Try to clap Your hands behind Your back! Get comfortable letting go of the Bike. You said You can do them in a Manual, well seriously start by guiding them round with one hand & when You have those comfortably, SLING THE BARS! Literally spin them HARD! They look like wank as You're doing them as fast as possible, but once you get comfortable A. Letting Go, B. Throwing them & C. Catching them. You can work on styling them out!

|

2/21/2014 9:01 PM

Google helps

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

2/21/2014 9:38 PM

adam lz how to barspin works i used the indoor bike for about a week and after that i havent hit my knee

|

2/21/2014 10:18 PM

bmxfromma wrote:

Google helps

Actually Vital helps, as this is what this forum is for.

|

2/21/2014 11:29 PM

sling and catch mate, keep ya feet on throw hard catch the bars and roll away smiling, its only when you stop commiting that shit starts hitting the fan imo

|

2/22/2014 12:40 AM

do not worry about pinching you're seat or cranks or any other weird techniques that people will tell you. id say my barspins are pretty clean and I don't consciously pinch anything. for your first ones hop low and keep your legs straigt and don't be scared to throw them. you can seriously do a hop bar only hopping like 6 inches. and when you throw them don't abandon your bike, stay over it. it may feel like you'll
hit your knees but be confident. shin guards and knee pads will help. half bars may help but they may not. Photo

|

2/22/2014 1:28 AM

T-rider wrote:

how/to section.....

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

No one looks there...

I do lol

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

2/22/2014 3:53 AM

I'll try, my bars will still probably hit my legs but I'll try, I know size doesn't matter, but have you seem Brock Olive's barspins? Huge bars but can still throw them no problem. I'll look at him ride on YouTube today before I go out.

|

Save the industry