Hop manuals.

Related:
Create New Tag

11/13/2013 8:17 PM

I learned em up two stairs couple days ago. Whats your highest? Longest? Sketchiest? Just bored and No new threads on general so i thought i would make one. :D

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

11/13/2013 8:43 PM

I still don't have them down. I recently asked people again and they said to hop and already be in the manual position or something along those lines. Usually, I'd hop and I'd wash out the rear or my front end would drop.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

11/13/2013 9:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/13/2013 9:10 PM

Love em. One of my favorite things to do when out riding. Bet you're pretty stoked on em, it's satisfying to do when you got em clicked.
My highest are bar hight. One in particular on this cement vent thing at a waterless water park(wild rivers). The manual was more of tire tap manual, like 3 feet across, but the high hop plus short distance made it challenging, and fun. Got it try one though.

Longest from a hop.. Probably the ones I do up sidewalks for fun, I can go forever with a good speed. ..Sketchiest was at a skatepark. They have this narrow ledge thats like 6foot-ish drop on one side and wall on the other. It was about a 10 yard path until it turn into a quarter. The only way to get on top was from a mellow bank to bank type of jump. ate shit like 5 times before landing smoothly into the quarter. My bars kept getting snagged on the wall and killing my manual, it sucked bailing from that high. But felt great when I finally got it. Keep going higher and even try some drop mannies once in a while. Then you can move onto hoping over shit and holding a solid manual. Get dialed.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

11/13/2013 9:59 PM

I love manuals/hop up manuals.. highest thing is probably bar height, if you can hop up it and feel comfortable hopping up something that high, you can easily learn to keep the front end popped up & ride the manual out.

as for how long I can go.. well, really until I run out of speed. I've done quite a few blocks, every time we go from town to McDonald's we take a certain way that goes downhill slightly down this pretty long street that's easily several blocks and I always manual it, and would go further but the street ends and you have to go left/right, and I don't like to keep going cause idk if a car's gonna come out & hit me haha.

sketchiest, I would say this little setup with a 3 stair on the right, and curb on the left, I'll make a little drawing thingy below

Curb

o is the corner

my friend & I tried for fucking ever to hop up manual up the 3 stair, to maneuver around the corner, then alley oop 180 off the curb. a lot harder than it seems cause you can't go too fast or you'll run into the wall, and you have to cut the turn JUST RIGHT or you'll clip the corner of the wall. after that, the 180 out's a breeze

|

11/13/2013 10:41 PM

They are weird. I have really bad knees , so the movement of balancing a manual hurts alot. So I can't really do them sad

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

11/14/2013 8:49 AM

Sketchiest one I ever did. I hopped up about a foot and a half or so onto a loading dock for a semi and mannied all the way to the other end (20 feet or so) which was about a 3 and a half foot drop to the ground and right at the end my front dropped and I had to jump over the bars. :/ No fun. lol

Cleanest one I did was on like a big concrete slab. Bunny hopped up mannied the whole thing (about 20 feet or so) Then bunny hopped out off the many and off the other end.

|

United Bike Co

The Shadow Conspiracy

"Whats the point in 3 pegs? What is it, 10oz for a peg? Just put the 4th one on! Jeez!"

11/14/2013 11:42 AM

love this trick , this is the one thing i have over my friends , i did like one about 30 feet long , but now i focus on maneuvering them , its so much harder

|

11/14/2013 1:02 PM

I find them pretty simple, I basically hop up onto the object and keep the front wheel up, dropping the back onto the object, then I start my balance process.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/14/2013 5:06 PM

I can't manual worth crap! Everyone knows wheelies are where it's at anyway!

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

11/14/2013 5:11 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

I can't manual worth crap! Everyone knows wheelies are where it's at anyway!

i can hop wheelie too. laughing grin

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

11/14/2013 5:24 PM

Not too fond of them I do them to mess around on boxes, I never actually tried to do a proper one on something high.
I'm guessing stem height is the highest I did.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

11/14/2013 9:52 PM

First time i tried them on curbs.

I looped out trying to bunny-hop up, so my feet left the pedals and my tire hit the curb.

After the tire hit the curb it bounced up to my balls and back to the curb again.

I shifted my butt a little to the right avoiding a 2 hit combo on my balls.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)