Hop whip tips?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/9/2015 7:49 PM

I've been messing around with these for a while but just recently have been feeling like i'm making progress. I do fastplant whips alot and they have helped me get the rotation and spot pedals, i just can't get my foot over the frame when i do them hop. Should i just hop higher? Try harder? Idk

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

9/10/2015 5:28 AM

Hop higher and commit to keeping your knees high as it comes around. I'm having the same issue, I just cannot commit.

|

9/10/2015 5:42 AM

Plus me being so damn tall with long legs really doesn't help me.

|

9/10/2015 8:18 PM

I got you ! yo its all commitment. any little wasted flinch will make the whip not work basically, gotta be full commitment from the time you bend down to get some pre- uhhhhhh... whats the word,( getting ready to hop)
but yeah my best tips are just commit, hop high, whip fast but dont worry Too much about the speed of the whip and think about your jump, your feet gotta be where they gotta be and you have this much time to get back, do the math, put the bike Under you, get some good shin guards, knee pads, and a big bottle of water and a rag for your sweat blood and tears cuz thats the only way. and or if you can flyout whip , just find a good bank whip up that, and find mellower and mellower banks, or a curb, and eventually. hop whips. boom. and upper body strength helps alot, i used to be like a pillhead that never ate right and drank way too much caffeine and smoked way too mjch weed, cleaned up, started swimming and doing some LIgjt* lifting.... idk just gotta know how yo whips feel and hop high and do em, youll get em. just think of how siked youll be when you get one smile not if When

|

9/10/2015 8:19 PM

oh and keep your bars close in to you like under your shoulders but not too close your gonna barhump

|

9/10/2015 8:47 PM

I always got closest when i had my seat slammed, i have only stuck one really and a few flyout ones but always sketchy. Think tight tiny circle right under you, pick up sorta steep and keep your legs up so you can catch it. Focus on the front foot and then focus on the back foot only and eventually you combine it. I'm on the verge of them. I just haven't really had time to put effort in lately.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

9/11/2015 12:20 AM

Only thing I learned from trying is keep a spoke wrench handy lol

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/11/2015 7:37 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Only thing I learned from trying is keep a spoke wrench handy lol

This. And some spare spokes.

I never could hop em, but when I landed whips I keep the bars under my shoulders, tight circle with the bars while whipping, and aim that catching foot for the pedal.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/11/2015 10:45 AM

Photo

|

9/11/2015 1:39 PM

Carson373 wrote: Photo

This. Don't let your dreams be dreams.

|

IG: therealclintvessey

{\_/}
( • .•)
/-🚲