How Much Does A Skatepark Cost?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/10/2014 8:22 PM

Well, long story short, there is a nearby park totally interested in a park. I would really love one and I want to keep it on the affordable side, but still pretty nice. Technical and park stuff. I have had a little trouble trying to figure it out. Basically, i know it would be really hard to get a giant ass bowl park and stuff. I mainly want a more pre fabricated thing. Ideally, around 20,000 to 35,000 dollars would be ideal. I'm wondering what we can get for that, how we can get it, and stuff that would be good?

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

9/10/2014 8:40 PM

let x=the price of a skatepark in dollars
therefore we can say that $1≤ x≤ $ ∞

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

9/10/2014 8:44 PM

Jump on craigslist and get all the free materials yoy can get your hands on. Alot of construction site will have left over concrete after they're done, you could always ask to buy it or if they'll give it to you.

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

9/10/2014 8:47 PM

^ the genius who stole my thoughts..... ._.

Yeah aha but some construction sites may have left over concrete and stuff that you could ask for- just ask around I guess.... There's probably a few companies that make bowls and that anyway, idk smile

|

It's called fuck off, and it's located over there ➡️

9/10/2014 10:40 PM

I thought concrete parks run between $100-200k? Wood would probably fit your budget tho, but then you have to worry about the elements if it's outside. We used to have one in my old city and it only lasted a few years even with minimal rain. Plus you gotta figure the labor rates for the builders. I'd call California Skateparks before anyone. They're the ones that build most of the parks around the country since the owner is friends with Rob Dyrdek. Dude does amazing work

|

9/10/2014 11:30 PM

Were trying to get a new park and its about 150k for a small one that's not really that good.. its like 300k for one that's decent and 500k will get you a good park with everything that youd really want

|

Bang Bang bmx

9/11/2014 6:41 AM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

Were trying to get a new park and its about 150k for a small one that's not really that good.. its like 300k for one that's ...more

A park with a bunch of small, technical things, CAN'T cost that much. haha If thats all we have, thats fine, but i really wanna have like a decent half pipe, a decent box jump, some nice technical things, and some stuff little kids can enjoy. It seems some parks have stuff little kids can't even come close to having fun on because of how big it is. I'd want this park to make all the people happy.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

9/11/2014 7:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/11/2014 7:39 AM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

Were trying to get a new park and its about 150k for a small one that's not really that good.. its like 300k for one that's ...more

MaximusBikes wrote:

A park with a bunch of small, technical things, CAN'T cost that much. haha If thats all we have, thats fine, but i really ...more

Contact construction companies and see if they will donate, contact other cities with parks similar in size to what you are thinking and see if they have cost ideas for you as well. Honestly this is your best bet.

If you look up Tartan Park in Hutchinson MN, that was around 10 grand for the 3 ft truride ramps (gray and black) and the wood obstacles with black were added two separate times, they were around 2-5 grand EACH.

http://airborneimagery.com/skate2009/aug29Hutchison/index.html here is a site that has some photos of it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/11/2014 7:08 PM

Our park is small as hell and it was 250000 a big one is allot more concrete is expensive , the millennium park in calgary wich I think was the largest park in Canada was millions I'm pretty sure

|

9/11/2014 7:12 PM

Y=MX+B-%9x^9 7/7

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

9/11/2014 7:28 PM

It won't be that bad if you build it yourself.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

9/12/2014 8:48 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

It won't be that bad if you build it yourself.

If it is a CITY park, he won't be able to UNLESS he is a LICENSED CONTRACTOR.

From what I get, it is a city park that wants to add a skatepark, and he is helping with design/cost. Correct me if I am wrong.

If I was you, I would contact other nearby cities with parks, and ask about costs, and maintaining the park as well. Get an idea for sizing of the park, ask about insurance too and max height of ramps (some states have height requirements for free parks, MN is 4 foot, WI is 6 or 8) and then come up with a rough design (collaborate with locals on that), THEN bring it to a few contractors to have them do cost bids, and bring those to the parks and rec board.

Also you will have to have meetings with townspeople so they can voice opinions on whether or not they are ok with it being there.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/12/2014 8:06 PM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

Good estimates for OP. $500k would be a pretty nice budget. Street parks are easy and still average about $100-200k, so technical vert/pool stuff will be double that. Design, concrete and labor isn't cheap OP. I think there's alot more aspects and little details that you're not taking into consideration, but unfortunately will have to. Design, grading, digging, drainage, maintenance, etc, and everything has to be done up to city/state code. That's the problem with outdoor city parks. Alot easier for a private owner to just buy a warehouse and build some wooden ramps. But then it's privately owned and funded, so they can impose whatever rules they feel like, charge admission, and still have to worry about getting shut down if they don't make enough to pay rent. We see it all the time

|

9/13/2014 7:42 AM

tree fiddy

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

9/13/2014 7:43 AM

Naw, naw, I'm just playing.

3 hunna fiddy

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

9/13/2014 8:18 AM

Eastwood was built off donations and grants. Look for any skatepark oriented grants you're city/town could apply for. And make it clear you ride a bike. Don't wanna end with a park that don't allow bikes.
link to eastwood

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

9/13/2014 8:05 PM

The insurance is probably more expensive than the park itself

|

It’s all bmx

9/13/2014 9:50 PM

A shitty park around here was 750 000$ and it was built in the ghettoest part of my town . Buy a flatrail buy Subrosa for 200$ and build a ledge and sesh that .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/13/2014 9:52 PM

I don't know.. 3, 4..

|