How To Slam my rim -_-

Related:
Create New Tag

9/23/2013 4:07 PM

I have a half link now and wanted to slam my rim but..... I cant. Any way to make it work?

|

9/23/2013 4:09 PM

Are you saying your chain is too long?

|

9/23/2013 4:18 PM

depends on the sprocket and CS mine won't slam either but it's not THAT big of a deal unless the axle is hanging off the dropouts but if it's tight i wouldn't worry about it until it does get loose. lol i might try a full link with a half link thing in it.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

9/23/2013 4:19 PM

no. I mean i want the rim up closer to the front of the drops. I have tooken a link of and my rim went all the way up and was SUPER tight. So am i fucked or what?

|

9/23/2013 4:20 PM

BRANDON_90 wrote:

no. I mean i want the rim up closer to the front of the drops. I have tooken a link of and my rim went all the way up and was ...more

take one link out and bam

|

9/23/2013 4:22 PM

i did and it was one tight bitch. like...... asian tight.

|

half-link mi amigo

|

Thomas_Kerrigan wrote:

half-link mi amigo

thats what i have.????

|

9/23/2013 4:26 PM

BRANDON_90 wrote:

i did and it was one tight bitch. like...... asian tight.

then from there put 1 link then it will be ok. some times it is kinda hard.

|

9/23/2013 4:26 PM

Might be SOL.

Try adding 1 full link to customize the chain length.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/23/2013 4:29 PM

:O you can do that???

|

9/23/2013 4:57 PM

Just leave it be and ride

|

It’s all bmx

9/23/2013 5:08 PM

You'll most likely never get it completely slammed ., You'll want a regular link chain with a halflink.. Sometimes even adding two halflinks works. This will get you the closest to being slammed. Some frames do have a geo where half link will work however, it'll mostly stretch and it'll be a few mm away from touching the dropouts.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

9/23/2013 5:37 PM

Ride that shit tight for a little while, it should loosen up.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

9/23/2013 5:39 PM

Just jump off of something really high and land back wheel first. Also, make sure your tire pressure is really low but still ride-able. Like 20-30 psi should do it.

|

Buy/Sell Refs: Showtime402, fsearles, ticaleb, howlerfbm (x2), irideafly, the balt (x2), MrHavoc1988. dprc

9/23/2013 6:03 PM

motogrizz wrote:

Just jump off of something really high and land back wheel first. Also, make sure your tire pressure is really low but still ...more

Sounds like a plan dipshit

|

9/23/2013 6:18 PM

pick it up. hit it on the ground

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

9/23/2013 7:21 PM

motogrizz wrote:

Just jump off of something really high and land back wheel first. Also, make sure your tire pressure is really low but still ...more

BRANDON_90 wrote:

Sounds like a plan dipshit

You're the one that asked the question, "dipshit."

What feeble said would probably work. But definitely not as effective with slamming your rim as my comment.

|

Buy/Sell Refs: Showtime402, fsearles, ticaleb, howlerfbm (x2), irideafly, the balt (x2), MrHavoc1988. dprc

9/23/2013 7:23 PM

i think what you are asking is is just how to unslam your overly slammed stuff. take a STRONG chainbreaker and start undoing it, but be prepared for complications with that link, you will probably have to replace it. Then ditch that stupid halflink, get a full link chain and stop trying to slam your wheel. It is silly, too much trouble to be worth it. Have it close, but with enough room to remove the wheel. If your frame isnt responsive enough, deal with it, dont keep changing it around trying to do something to it haha You actually have to break the chain while it is on there. and hope you dont break something when you get it off.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

9/23/2013 8:50 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

i think what you are asking is is just how to unslam your overly slammed stuff. take a STRONG chainbreaker and start undoing ...more

That's so true and such a pain. My current setup is like that and it sucks when I get a flat on the rear tire and have to use a chain breaker to remove the wheel (it's so slammed, that's the only way to remove it). It rides great though, but I can't wait to get an Odyssey Key Chain and be done with it.

|

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

9/23/2013 9:36 PM

My rim is close to slammed. I have a full link with one half link. My chain was a little too tight from last time I put my wheel on and today I jumped up a curb and heard something crack and my chain seezed up for a second and then I turned my cranks backwards with my hand and the half link pin came off of the other plate. So hopefully once I get a female axle I won't need a half link or get a Bluebird chain. From that thing today it fucked up my master link so I cant run it now because I can't get it off so I just put some new links on and a new half link and loosened my chain a little and hopefully it will last.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

9/23/2013 10:09 PM

With you running a half link chain, since its really tight when you've taken out those links best to install one link and that's the most slammed you'll get. A slammed rear end almost never works, it can if you like shit loose/ sloppy chains.

|

9/24/2013 3:41 PM

Go check what your manufacturer lists as cs lengths then go here: [url=http://fitbikeco.com/frames/] and pick one of Fit's frames that has a similar back end length and they have a big old table of what what gearing to use with what chain to achive the desired back end length.

But yeah, slamming is kind of unnecessary, and if you really need a shorter back end than what you've got, you should probably be thinking about riding another frame.

As a last ditch, there's always taking a dremel tool to your rear dropouts and honing them down a bit so your chain won't be so tight. And don't just run it tight and let it loosen up; having a tight as fuck chain puts massive side-loading onto your driver and BB bearings and can eff them up too. Keep in mind though, grinding your dropouts is basically guaranteed to void any frame warranty you may have.

|

9/24/2013 4:04 PM

fitbikerider14 wrote:

My rim is close to slammed. I have a full link with one half link. My chain was a little too tight from last time I put my ...more

You axle has nothing to do with what chain you need to run...

A female axle will not magically change the length needed. Your gear ratio will.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/24/2013 4:38 PM

Lets not forget- a halflink needs SLACK! And a good amount of it. Slamming it like that is a horrible idea

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

9/24/2013 4:45 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Lets not forget- a halflink needs SLACK! And a good amount of it. Slamming it like that is a horrible idea

That's why I ALWAYS run a KMC dropbuster.. that shit is strong

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

9/24/2013 4:50 PM

Chrisaustin wrote:

That's why I ALWAYS run a KMC dropbuster.. that shit is strong

Fuck the dropbuster. KMC 410H ftw!!!! Heavy duty as shit

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

9/24/2013 5:37 PM

motogrizz wrote:

Yep. That should take care of it for sure. Although, 48h ribs are getting hard to find anymore.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

9/24/2013 5:42 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Fuck the dropbuster. KMC 410H ftw!!!! Heavy duty as shit

Is it this heavy duty?
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

9/24/2013 5:45 PM

Chuck8273 wrote:

Is it this heavy duty?
[LINK TO IMAGE]

Fluck you man. I want one so bad. Prob won't fit my 8t though

|