How To Tell If Your Forks Are Bent?.

Related:
Create New Tag

4/3/2013 7:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/3/2013 8:25 AM

I just slam the wheel on and tighten the bolts but when my bars and stem are straight with the forks, the wheels turning abit to the right. So the bike wont travel straight if I leave it like this.
So I have my bars straight and stem straight, aligned with the middle of the tire tread and my when its all tight, the forks look like they are turned to the left abit but the bike is going straight.
Duno how to explain it better than that but could a fork leg be bent forward abit or is it normal?

|

4/3/2013 2:03 PM

Your dropout might be bent or messed up, idk why them being bent forward would make them look to the left. it could be in your head too

|

Refs: 360Xuprider, Hatebreeder, MrHavoc1988

Email: Shanebaker6969@yahoo.com

!!!My Bike Check!!!

4/3/2013 2:08 PM

do you run washers between your axle bolt/axle nuts & dropouts? A lot of people I know who don't run them have that problem cause it causes the axle to shift while tightening and your wheel will move

also could be the axle that is bent. hold the wheel while spinning the axle and look for any sign of it being bent.

as for forks being bent.. it's most likely the dropout if your wheel is shifting like that, just eye it up real good and check

|

4/3/2013 7:15 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

do you run washers between your axle bolt/axle nuts & dropouts? A lot of people I know who don't run them have that problem cause it causes the axle to shift while tightening and your wheel will move

also could be the axle that is bent. hold the wheel while spinning the axle and look for any sign of it being bent.

as for forks being bent.. it's most likely the dropout if your wheel is shifting like that, just eye it up real good and check

Alright cheers dude, ill take a pic but yeah, shouldnt be the axle because its my second wheel, and i used to run washers in between but now I dont, but ill check the dropouts

|