How To: Wedge Post

Related:
Create New Tag

12/7/2009 8:09 AM

in case you were wondering its how to make a wedge seat post like the animal one
In order to do the wedge seat post mod you have to have a pivatol seat/post set up.

The first step in doing this mod is find an old 1 threaded headset bolt and a 1 1/8 inch wedge make sure your bolt is long enough to get all the way through the seat and post and still has enough to tighten the wedge.

cut the seat post as close the same angle as you can get. be precise with this and take your time. file the post down so that nothing sharp or stray will get in the way of the wedge and the post.

next, in the pivatol seats there is a bolt that comes stock that threads into the post. you are gonna need to pound that bolt out. dont be worried about hurting anything in the seat guts. just get it out of there, no matter what it takes.

the next thing to do is push the new bolt through the seat

put the post up to the seat just like you normally would but thread your wegde on just enough to keep it from spinning in the frame when you try and tighten it. but not so tight that you have to force it into the seat tube

when you tighten the post and seat into the frame make sure that you just get it tight enough to hold it in place DO NOT over tighten it or it may cause ovalization in the seat tube.

and there you have the pivatol seat mod! i hope this helped alot of you. its the best i can do. and this is my first ever how to

finished product:

|

Ill Be Riding Fit Till I Die Nigga!!!!!
Email: jonbryceland@gmail.com

12/7/2009 8:16 AM

|

12/7/2009 8:43 AM

because we all have those laying around

|

12/7/2009 8:46 AM

Shackyy wrote:

or you couild just use this... http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r184/20inwheels/Info/macneil_postcopy.jpg

FITAMRIDER wrote:

what , a stem off an old bike ?

|

12/7/2009 8:49 AM

Shackyy wrote:

or you couild just use this... http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r184/20inwheels/Info/macneil_postcopy.jpg

FITAMRIDER wrote:

Shackyy wrote:

i thought that was a deformed like seat post haha yeah thats what this says too just more detailed

|

12/7/2009 8:53 AM

haha, i used the thing i posted to make mine..

its such a shit job, the angles arent cut properly and i cut my frame down really bad, its on the weld.. so i dont wanna see how weak it is now

|

12/7/2009 9:03 AM

lol i took a grinder to my frame lol to chop the seat tube off

|

12/7/2009 10:00 AM

it is a good tutorial, but using an old gooseneck stem wedge is easier

|

refs: justridebmx, four, kingpin, Alex_DeWitt, Michael_Howard, bmxrider000, TokenBMX(x2)
member of the week 2/22/10 - 2/28/10

12/7/2009 10:19 AM

FITAMRIDER wrote:

Shackyy wrote:

FITAMRIDER wrote:

i thought that was a deformed like seat post haha yeah thats what this says too just more detailed

It's one of the hand holds off a road bike.

|

12/7/2009 10:22 AM

Shackyy wrote:

FITAMRIDER wrote:

Twisted654 wrote:

It's one of the hand holds off a road bike.

no doubt d00d

|

refs: justridebmx, four, kingpin, Alex_DeWitt, Michael_Howard, bmxrider000, TokenBMX(x2)
member of the week 2/22/10 - 2/28/10