How are federal frames?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/29/2015 5:15 AM

So i thought i was prenty final on the decision for my new frame being the hood bird, but i was looking at the DLX and jeez i want that frame. Had no idea lacey had such a long back end. Ive really no experience with federal products though, nobody i know really rides them, though i havemt heard bad about them either. Anyone got experiences, good or bad, wih federal frames in particular, but also any other parts, customer service etc. Thanks in advance guys

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

8/29/2015 7:59 AM

Lacey , Churchill , and Bruno all ride them

Each of them has won multiple x games or dew tour medals

I'd ride one

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/29/2015 8:07 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Lacey , Churchill , and Bruno all ride them

Each of them has won multiple x games or dew tour medals

I'd ride one

True, but we all know that you shouldnt just rwly in the calibre of the pros riding the frames to judge the quality. But yeah you do make a good point

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

8/29/2015 10:29 AM

He trucked El Toro on it , Dan does massive 3's and Bruno 540'd a 9 double set or something.

Honestly I like Federals brand and image but just the only reason I don't buy it are specs or I want another frame more , I was close to ordering the Perrin frame though

|

My Cult 2 Short

8/29/2015 11:05 AM

If my V3 is anything to go by then Federal products are fucking solid.
your post on FB got me looking and damn I would ride that 10/10..

|

Bruh

8/29/2015 11:22 AM

Zach P-D wrote:

If my V3 is anything to go by then Federal products are fucking solid.
your post on FB got me looking and damn I would ride that 10/10..

Yeah i love the little details on it, adds so much character to the frame.

Their new cranks look mega nice aswell, and i guess if you domt hear much about the company, as i dont, that can only be a good thing rep wise, as bad rep spreads like wild fires

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

8/29/2015 11:42 AM

Ok. Lacey is arguably one of the burliest riders to have ever been graced to bmx. And after watching Brighton Ain't Ready 2, I bet he's not going and getting a new frame every month. He's probobly building a bike up and riding it for a long time, seeing how those dudes were living while filming it. I want to pick one of these frames up. It even has gryo tabs, which is a selling point for me and many frames dont have them. Since my next build is going to have a gyro.

|

8/29/2015 11:46 AM

EddiMundo wrote:

Yeah i love the little details on it, adds so much character to the frame.

Their new cranks look mega nice aswell, and i guess if you domt hear much about the company, as i dont, that can only be a good thing rep wise, as bad rep spreads like wild fires

I see they keep posting those cranks on IG. The raw looks badass

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

8/30/2015 5:00 AM

biggybuggy wrote:

Ok. Lacey is arguably one of the burliest riders to have ever been graced to bmx. And after watching Brighton Ain't Ready 2, I bet he's not going and getting a new frame every month. He's probobly building a bike up and riding it for a long time, seeing how those dudes were living while filming it. I want to pick one of these frames up. It even has gryo tabs, which is a selling point for me and many frames dont have them. Since my next build is going to have a gyro.

why are you phrasing it as if it was a stupid question to ask? its always a good iea to try get some real word opinions on a company before buying from them for the first time, and i want to know what theyre like as a company, if theyll sort me out if something went wrong from a manufacturing defect etc.

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

8/30/2015 5:01 AM

ironmaiden666 wrote:

I see they keep posting those cranks on IG. The raw looks badass

I know, wouldnt picking myself up a set if my bsds ever gave out

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

8/31/2015 8:05 AM

My 2012 Lacey is still going strong with a roughly 13.5 rear.

I dig it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/31/2015 8:20 AM

I actually LOVE that. I've slowly been liking very different geo. That frame is properly nice, i love those Invest Cast Drops. Federal really went all out on that thing. I'm thinking this Christmas i may buy myself an all new frame, and that's a contender for sure!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/31/2015 5:58 PM

DLX is fucking massive like 13.8 slammed is a bit much .

If it helps I rode Lacey bars for a while and they were dope , limited edition blue looked sick . Probably sell them though.

|

My Cult 2 Short

8/31/2015 6:04 PM

Stevie said in his last bike check he'd been riding that same frame for a year.

Stevie Churchill.
same frame.
for a year.

drops mic.

|

Pop a tire I'm sweatin'.

9/1/2015 5:03 AM

Look into their warranty though, when I got mine it was a 90 day deal assuming you sent in the warranty card. I don't know if that changed.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura