How can I stay motivated riding bmx.

Related:
Create New Tag

2/12/2014 4:37 PM

I'm losing interest, but that doesn't mean I'm riding and watching web videos less. I'm a bit ungrateful I suppose. I don't live near any good spots or parks, just a bunch of curbs and a 2 stair. Animal and stolen hooked me up with more than 800$ worth of stuff for x-mas, which kept me going in the cold all January. But I'm just getting fed up with the lack of spots and having literally no one to ride with. It gets depressing being alone... What do you guys do to stay motivated?

|

Save the industry

2/12/2014 4:45 PM

I hear you on not having people to ride with, its so much more fun and you just want to go harder. Just roll up on someone if you see them riding and see whats up with them.

|

2/12/2014 4:49 PM

Go get a shovel. Find a spot in the woods. Build trails. Get stoked.

Seriously, this is the coolest thing you can do.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

2/12/2014 4:52 PM

Also, if you really aren't feeling excited about BMX, stop. Go do something else to do with your time and spend some time away from bikes. I bet after some time away you will clear your mind and get excited about riding again.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

2/12/2014 5:03 PM

Just keep at it and learn something new. Like maybe something weird like barhops or surfer feebles. We should meet up to ride in three months when my collarbone is healed. I also have no one to ride with. I find it fun to self film edits.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

2/12/2014 5:06 PM

Move to Canada where you can't ride for half the year that will solve your problem

|

2/12/2014 5:08 PM

Just ride for fun dont focus on if your not as good as everyone else or what ever just have fun and progress at your own pace

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

2/12/2014 5:30 PM

Havent rode since before xmas, maintain your current bike, do something else, when you start feeling like you HAVE to be interested you will fall out of love with it pretty fast.

|

2/12/2014 5:32 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Move to Canada where you can't ride for half the year that will solve your problem

Winters suck for riding. I've been going to the skatepark like every 2 weeks. Other than that I just lurk on vital and watch edits multiple times. Other than watching edits I would say to just think about riding and plan out your year. Like come up with some tricks you would like to learn or set goals. Bike maintenance doesn't hurt either.

|

2/12/2014 5:32 PM

transition_chris wrote:

Go get a shovel. Find a spot in the woods. Build trails. Get stoked.

Seriously, this is the coolest thing you can do.

This for sure.

and as mentioned, if it's not fun, don't do it. You have your entire life to ride your bike. There is No need to feel like you have to do it all the time.

|

2/12/2014 7:09 PM

eskimojay wrote:

ajohn15 wrote:

Winters suck for riding. I've been going to the skatepark like every 2 weeks. Other than that I just lurk on vital and watch ...more

Agreed the winters here are like impossible to ride in and since the local indoor is under construction i can only ride like once a month but it makes me motivated to get in all the tricks i can in the limited sessions. I think ive planned out so many lines and all the new variation and tricks i am gonna learn. Its also a good time to take the bike apart and make sure everything is working right.

|

Nothing like a Good day of Digging and Riding

2/12/2014 7:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/12/2014 9:13 PM

A change is as good as a rest, find some other hobbies / interests, there's more to life than riding bikes.

Bmx for me is an escape, its freedom from the bullshit of the world, don't turn bmx into a part of your worlds bullshit by putting it above and beyond everything else, shits supposed to be fun.

As for motivation, progression keeps me motivated, there's always something you can do to improve your riding. Even if its shit you already know / have learned already, you can always go bigger with it or make it look better.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

2/12/2014 10:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/12/2014 10:04 PM

pnj wrote:

This for sure.

and as mentioned, if it's not fun, don't do it. You have your entire life to ride your bike. There is No need ...more

This. Take a break if it's not fun. I lost interest a couple times for different reasons and didn't ride much for 2 years. But I never quit or sold my bike.... point is if you really like something you'll come back to it. It's a big world, explore interests. You never know what you may like or be good at.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

2/13/2014 12:00 AM

Listen to music you like
Keep learning things
go harder
go higher
try to find someone to ride with
build a grind box

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

2/13/2014 5:28 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Yeah, basically works

|

2/13/2014 6:19 AM

lol^

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

2/13/2014 6:36 AM

I sold a bunch of my stuff last year because I was burnt on riding. Then winter hits and I get stuck indoors, which leads me to videos, bike checks, new parts etc. Now warm weather and riding is all I can think about. A break from riding isn't necessarily a bad thing, nor is riding alone. Riding alone, for me is really peaceful. I try more when I'm alone, I don't have to sit there and talk about parts, what the fuck a pro did, all that nonsense. Just keep things fun and you'll be all good. Just don't get a high-maintenance girlfriend, that will kill bmx for you, along with everything else you like lmao.

|

bikes destroy vlogs.

ref: slade_vincent, shutta, ecuadevil, theprophet, blackmammoth, sfb, element4all, bmx-junkie, kurtnut, nickg, jessebmx, dontDELETE, krbmx17, ninjacat, freddydapice, waanng, ivan, scramhype, motogrizz, tomdon, dream, hatebreeder, noendinsight666, asilva, wolfen, superstarDK, skubasteve, aebasher, many more.

2/13/2014 6:44 AM

^^^^^ that last part is so true haha

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

2/13/2014 6:51 AM

Basically what howlerfbm said. A break from riding could help inspire you to ride.

|