How can i get sponsored?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/24/2013 5:49 PM

I live in Florida and i am really good at bmx and i want to try to get sponsored. I have been riding for 1 and a half years now and i want to know if there is any starting class sponsors around Florida. I do freestyle-BMX, not racing. I really need help so if you can comment and tell me anything please do so. I would also like to know of any skateparks or competitions in florida. thanks!

|

4/24/2013 5:51 PM

People who try to look for sponsors don't usually get sponsored.

|

4/24/2013 5:52 PM

Idk, i guess just do contests go to parks and rip. eventually you'll get sponsored if your good enough.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

4/24/2013 5:53 PM

Companies normally don't like being pressured meaning, you have to wait til they see a video of you or see you at a contest. Also, video of said riding or gtfo.

|

RIP 71 N
RIP Randy Taylor

Shadow/Subrosa

Tumblr | Instagram | Digits - (407) 655-6998 | Email - kyzem.leahcim@yahoo.com | Xbox - eleswun

4/24/2013 5:53 PM

Meet team riders & try to show off around them.
Ride alot of street around colleges & stuff.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

4/24/2013 6:06 PM

i guarantee that you are not good, also judgning by your profile pic, you arent good. you wont get sponsored..obvious troll or a fuckking retard

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

follow me on instagram! @neck_brace
also go like my media page on facebook! jiraffe media
also follow jiraffe media on insta! @jiraffe_media

4/24/2013 6:25 PM

if your trying to get sponsored then you are riding for the wrong reasons and it will only end in disappointment. youre supposed to ride,have fun, and let the rest take its course. if it happens it happens, if not then oh well. you need to watch this and learn from an og

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

4/24/2013 6:42 PM

You must eat 7 bowels of Reese's Puffs cereal and then climb Mt. Everest with a full boner till you reach the top. Once you have done this, the Master will come out and grant you your sponsorship, but ONLY if you give him a happy ending. If you don't, he'll just rape you a lot and send you crawling.

|

4/24/2013 6:53 PM

the only way to become pro is to sell your soul, totally not worth it id rather just ride for fun and have a nice after life not in hell, where all of these so called pros are heading, shoot bmx is washed up so many people doing stuff thats just not possible i honestly cant want videos anymore because you can tell how ridiculous it is and how there no way its possible

|

4/24/2013 6:54 PM

plzdntfailmeagn wrote:

the only way to become pro is to sell your soul, totally not worth it id rather just ride for fun and have a nice after life not in hell, where all of these so called pros are heading, shoot bmx is washed up so many people doing stuff thats just not possible i honestly cant want videos anymore because you can tell how ridiculous it is and how there no way its possible

watch*

|

4/24/2013 8:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/24/2013 8:54 PM

Yeah you can. You been riding for so long!!!! Damn I cant imagine how good you are. A WHOLE year and a half!!!! Can you tailwhip?

|

Jade Bike Check
Refs : ninjacat33 ; SuperstarDk ; ecuadevil ; xbikeascammer ;blizzbikes ; tcbmx ; mattjmuldoon@hotmail ;bmx ; Uoykcuf ; BrokenBmx, the balt; Pavimo; bmx-junkie; Fit.Team.Rider' tito24; trentydoo; brendan.magner.9 ;Scramhype ; Jonathan.Vargas ; jared42069; tomdon ; lifeofridden2200; howlerfbm

4/24/2013 9:05 PM

Post a video of you king your best tricks, I won't hate but the others might haha

|

4/24/2013 9:07 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

You must eat 7 bowels of Reese's Puffs cereal and then climb Mt. Everest with a full boner till you reach the top. Once you have done this, the Master will come out and grant you your sponsorship, but ONLY if you give him a happy ending. If you don't, he'll just rape you a lot and send you crawling.

Done.

|

4/24/2013 9:46 PM

brianoob wrote:

People who try to look for sponsors don't usually get sponsored.

Aww, you beat me too it.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/25/2013 4:08 AM

I think yous scared him off.... oh well

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

4/25/2013 5:24 AM

Mikel8149 wrote:

Done.

I take it you got raped?

|

MY SEXY BIKE CHECK!

sunny.jomofo, even more of a bitch than Dane wild!

if you need to talk to me text me 1-734-301-6545

on the legit list

35+ clean refs

4/25/2013 5:57 AM

If you have to ask, it likely will not happen. You may be good for your area, and maybe for a lot of areas, but know that there is ALWAYS someone better than you somewhere.

Best thing to do is ride to have fun, learn tricks, be an awesome person, rep the brands you like well, and go places with pros (contests, parks they ride etc) and let things happen. Forcing it will not work.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/25/2013 2:15 PM

Ok i will have a video up in a bit
Thanks for the help

|

4/25/2013 7:09 PM

Like everyone else appears to be saying, you don't look the type. Plus, your profile picture definitely doesn't show any sort of professionalism.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

4/25/2013 7:28 PM

plzdntfailmeagn wrote:

this here is the most amazing thing i have read all day
Thank you for being the cause of myself getting raped

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

4/25/2013 8:43 PM

I'm not here to bash on you joey.... Just simply trying to understand why you would like to get sponsored? In my opinion sponsoring someone isn't about how big they go or how tech their tricks are..... and despite what most people say about if your looking for a sponsor your not going to get sponsored I don't think that's entirely true. Looking for a sponsor is like looking for a school, it shows the school that your interested in becoming a part of them, your willing to dedicate yourself to further the "school". So yes.... If your looking for a sponsor and you work your ass off to get one you probably can get one.

I don't know how big your trick list is nor do I care, people make accusations based on your pic or the time you have riding (unprofessional) as it was latterly called. I don't know how you act around others or how dedicated you are to bmx. Rodney Mullen (skater) was sponsored a little over his first year of riding the guy had heart, still does.

I don't think you fully understand what a sponsorship means joey, being sponsored isn't all dandy as it sounds. You certainly don't get attractive capable women to date you. If you do get a hot women to date you she's probably been around, no capable women goes for a guy that lives of riding his bike. You get kids following you all around wanting an autograph (at first it seems cool) after a while it gets annoying. Being sponsored means your committing yourself to represent a company you can't just drop shit the first day you feel bad. Sure they give you free stuff and discounts on their products but you have to give them something in return.... your body. Being sponsored you become an entrepenuer, your selling the company's name so people can buy their products. You think sponsored bmx riders are making big $$$ fuck no.... if anything the guys that sponsor them are making $$$ and BMX isn't that big of an industry to make a decent affordable wage for most sponsored riders. The guys that can live off getting sponsored are the ones considered to be the top and even then sometimes they struggle.....

Think about it Joey... Would you prefer to ride bmx because you love riding bikes or would you ride bmx because you have to pay your next monthly rent?

|

4/25/2013 8:46 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Mikel8149 wrote:

Done.

tito24 wrote:

I take it you got raped?

No, i was the raper.

|

4/26/2013 6:51 AM

Aav1996 wrote:

I'm not here to bash on you joey.... Just simply trying to understand why you would like to get sponsored? In my opinion sponsoring someone isn't about how big they go or how tech their tricks are..... and despite what most people say about if your looking for a sponsor your not going to get sponsored I don't think that's entirely true. Looking for a sponsor is like looking for a school, it shows the school that your interested in becoming a part of them, your willing to dedicate yourself to further the "school". So yes.... If your looking for a sponsor and you work your ass off to get one you probably can get one.

I don't know how big your trick list is nor do I care, people make accusations based on your pic or the time you have riding (unprofessional) as it was latterly called. I don't know how you act around others or how dedicated you are to bmx. Rodney Mullen (skater) was sponsored a little over his first year of riding the guy had heart, still does.

I don't think you fully understand what a sponsorship means joey, being sponsored isn't all dandy as it sounds. You certainly don't get attractive capable women to date you. If you do get a hot women to date you she's probably been around, no capable women goes for a guy that lives of riding his bike. You get kids following you all around wanting an autograph (at first it seems cool) after a while it gets annoying. Being sponsored means your committing yourself to represent a company you can't just drop shit the first day you feel bad. Sure they give you free stuff and discounts on their products but you have to give them something in return.... your body. Being sponsored you become an entrepenuer, your selling the company's name so people can buy their products. You think sponsored bmx riders are making big $$$ fuck no.... if anything the guys that sponsor them are making $$$ and BMX isn't that big of an industry to make a decent affordable wage for most sponsored riders. The guys that can live off getting sponsored are the ones considered to be the top and even then sometimes they struggle.....

Think about it Joey... Would you prefer to ride bmx because you love riding bikes or would you ride bmx because you have to pay your next monthly rent?

This, but it all started when kids would ride for a company for a free part or shoes or whatever, just product, basically bringing down the paychecks to almost nothing. Half of the pro riders out there have a part time or full time job now.

Back about 15 years ago, riders made enough to survive, and contests were a part of it. Now there are riders who NEVER ride a contest, which is fine, BUT it also lessens the money the could earn.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/26/2013 7:04 AM

Aav1996 wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

This, but it all started when kids would ride for a company for a free part or shoes or whatever, just product, basically bringing down the paychecks to almost nothing. Half of the pro riders out there have a part time or full time job now.

Back about 15 years ago, riders made enough to survive, and contests were a part of it. Now there are riders who NEVER ride a contest, which is fine, BUT it also lessens the money the could earn.

take liam fahy hampton for example

|