How did you learn Barspins?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/19/2013 8:04 PM

How did you learn them and how long did it take?

|

11/19/2013 8:26 PM

Fuck they are hard. I could do little mannybars on my DJ but a tried doing flyout bars on my bmx and your bike just floats away from you. So hard.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

11/19/2013 8:28 PM

You just throw it. We can't tell you because it's not something that I is done in step by step directions. Just grow a pair and throw em. You have to be willing to fall first.

|

I have 75 cool points and 5 awesome points

Buy/Sell Refs: Showtime402, fsearles, ticaleb, howlerfbm (x2), irideafly, the balt (x2), MrHavoc1988. dprc

11/19/2013 8:31 PM

motogrizz wrote:

You just throw it. We can't tell you because it's not something that I is done in step by step directions. Just grow a pair and throw em. You have to be willing to fall first.

I'm looking for more how it went for you, I mean I started learning them for a bit by basically hopping and chucking, but didn't stick with them, and I'm interested to see how people went about doing it

|

11/19/2013 8:56 PM

learn em on flyouts
or dirt, dirt doesnt hurt a lot when you fall

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

11/19/2013 9:01 PM

it's a hard trick to learn but easy to do just scary. you really gotta just find a decent flyout and do the exact barspin motion like you would when youre standing still don't throw the bars and back away stay with the bike. think in your head throw and catch

|

11/19/2013 9:02 PM

I had resi but it took me a good day or so, but I was riding for like 3 years at the time I learned them

|

11/19/2013 10:48 PM

I tried the just front end pulling up ones and I can't even land those, my bike literally just flies out and slips from my feet. I can also throw switch bars but they'd be the gay x-up ones.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

11/20/2013 6:40 AM

I started learning hop bars on grass, but its hard to get a good hop, so I took them to concrete leading up to a patch of grass.

Bashed myself up so much trying them, they tire you out really quick too, I was just starting to get the hang of them but I sprained my wrist in a bowl and never got round to trying them again. There on my to do list for next year tho.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

11/20/2013 7:35 AM

I learnt them by trying them over and over again.
Took me 20 minutes to figure out hop bars but for some strange fucking reason i can't do them anymore.
For normal fly out bars no idea.
All I can give you is small tricks and adjustments you can do but for the rest it's up to you.
Was landing truck drivers the other day in the foam pit, need to grow some balls now and do them normal.

BTW I started "throwing bars" when doing little manual bars, this helps for muscle memory.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

11/20/2013 11:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/20/2013 11:35 AM

I maual bar'd everything ever, then one day went really fast, hit a flyout in manny bar position, did one in the air, and went from there. Then I learned flyout style more smoothly, and then to hop em.

For a short time flyout style I had double bars (no bar catch bar crap either).

I would LOVE to knock that one out again. Need a solid flyout though.

I learned x-ups clicked pretty well first, which helped a bit with timing, moving my legs, and the starting motion.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/20/2013 11:39 AM

hard enough trick I learned hop bars first and the proper bunny hop method not the double tyre method prepare to fall a lot get knee pads it will help and just have a go at em and as it goes for high and fat seats don't be spending $40 on a new seat thinking it will make a massive improvement you still have to get passed the initial fear of letting go and throwing just send it and wishful thinking and you'll land it no doubt after a few bails

|

11/20/2013 11:46 AM

jordan123bmx wrote:

hard enough trick I learned hop bars first and the proper bunny hop method not the double tyre method prepare to fall a lot get knee pads it will help and just have a go at em and as it goes for high and fat seats don't be spending $40 on a new seat thinking it will make a massive improvement you still have to get passed the initial fear of letting go and throwing just send it and wishful thinking and you'll land it no doubt after a few bails

This, BUT a higher seat is MUCH easier to pinch and sturider in the sense that you get a more solid grip with your knees if it is higher. Slammed seat = ankle pinch.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/20/2013 11:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/20/2013 11:54 AM

I never learned them but way back in the day i did a couple, first one i just hucked off a plywood jump into my lawn. took about 50 tries

also barspin to feeble stall, lucee stall and disaster just cuase i could let the bars land and then grab them, lol

|

wallride a bus everyday

11/20/2013 1:39 PM

I didn't

when I think about it, I'm always scared that I'm gonna land with my chest on the bars and I just don't try

I can tailwhip but I can't fucking barspin

|

11/20/2013 3:59 PM

I used a house bike. I though adam lz was dumb for saying that the first time, then i just went and did it for fun to mess around with. I ended up trying them and getting them. I learned hop barspins in a day or 2. I started on grass and learned the pick up the front end bars the first day, then i got them hop on grass, did a few on concrete and have been ever since. I love em. Now i can 180 bar, 270 bar, sometimes truck depending on the amount of energy i have that day haha My tip is use that house bike if you wanna get em fast.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/20/2013 4:04 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

I used a house bike. I though adam lz was dumb for saying that the first time, then i just went and did it for fun to mess around with. I ended up trying them and getting them. I learned hop barspins in a day or 2. I started on grass and learned the pick up the front end bars the first day, then i got them hop on grass, did a few on concrete and have been ever since. I love em. Now i can 180 bar, 270 bar, sometimes truck depending on the amount of energy i have that day haha My tip is use that house bike if you wanna get em fast.

what type of balls did u use and did u do it on carpet or something thicker

|

11/20/2013 4:20 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

chad88 wrote:

what type of balls did u use and did u do it on carpet or something thicker

I used my front yard. Haha, we have hard wood floors. I used a few different balls and TAPE. Get 2 bigger sized kickballs (like the ones they use in gym, with the little lines all over) As long as you have a nice carpet floor, not a carpet on a hardwood floor, youll be good. The trick is to deflate the balls, stick them in, pump them up a bit and tape them in place.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/20/2013 4:38 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

I used my front yard. Haha, we have hard wood floors. I used a few different balls and TAPE. Get 2 bigger sized kickballs (like the ones they use in gym, with the little lines all over) As long as you have a nice carpet floor, not a carpet on a hardwood floor, youll be good. The trick is to deflate the balls, stick them in, pump them up a bit and tape them in place.

I just hate to take apart my bike and stuff to do that

|

11/20/2013 6:47 PM

shin guards, saved my life learning them

|

just huck it

11/20/2013 8:59 PM

Reed Reynolds wrote:

shin guards, saved my life learning them

Wish I had some. I'm a pussy and I'd totally be confident with them. Though without them, I feel like I could still learn some basics on flat.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

11/20/2013 9:11 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

My friends did this

Photo

sometime almost 2 years ago, was pretty neat. I think I tried a barspin but looped out, it was weird. Neat but weird

|

11/21/2013 6:19 AM

Trampoline bikes!

But yea, shin guards are worth every penny. Same with knee pads.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura