How do I do better manuals?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/8/2015 12:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/8/2015 12:42 PM

I can never get locked into a manual, How do I do them better?

|

2/8/2015 12:40 PM

I noticed for me, that concentrating on my lower back and my legs more really helps. Try to stiffen your leg as hard as a can without cramping it.
Worked for me and i got manuals dialed since then.

|

Instagram: @bjoernkrg

2/8/2015 12:53 PM

I pull hard and lean back until I feel like im gonna fall on my ass which feels scary, but it will balnce out. Make sure you know how to bail by kicking out the bike from underneath you though.

|

2/8/2015 1:06 PM

Wow

Congrats, maybe pc gaming is the hobby for you

|

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!
BIKE CHECK

2/8/2015 1:16 PM

Just do manuals all day long and you will find your right manual postion to being locked in.
Also you can try different bar settings, the height and position; personnaly i'm more locked with my bar a bit forward, because with my arms straight (in manual position) my weight is more forward on the bike and avoid to loop out too easily (especially with a too short 21" top tube and short chainstays).

But the real secret is to practice, again and again because you can do it everywhere, and everytime you roll !
And you'll see, in a few weeks you'll pass from 3 meters to 50 and more...

|

2/8/2015 1:56 PM

MidWestBMX wrote:

Wow

and why's that? Because I'm asking for advice on a BMX forum?

|

2/8/2015 2:20 PM

Learning manuals sucks , literally everything has to go right to get locked in , for me its ushually im not pulling up evenly or hard enough , or im not pushing down on my legs enough , just experiment with them , and eventually u will find whats wrong or what you like with them

|

2/8/2015 3:06 PM

MidWestBMX wrote:

Wow

kaneBMX wrote:

and why's that? Because I'm asking for advice on a BMX forum?

Photo
|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

2/8/2015 3:51 PM

I'm gonna practice these until I can do at least five parking spaces.

I have a problem with turning left on manuals because I was trying a line at my skatepark, how do I correct this?

|

2/8/2015 3:57 PM

Lock your arms, don't pump with them. Pull up into the manual, lock your arms, and pump with your pelvis like you're banging that hot girl in your Art class... okay maybe not that much pumping haha but you wanna pump with your legs/hip area, not your arms.

Only time you ever wanna pump with your arms is if you're losing the manual.

What helped me was finding a parking lot and just doing them across parking spaces and trying to beat my record as I went. They get easier as you get better at them.

|

2/8/2015 4:21 PM

don't pull lean back and keep arms nearly straight but not all the way 14 degree bend maybe grin
lean back to lift the front end, do not pull it up like your going to hop, use you legs to keep balanced and steer the bike, now practice this all day everyday for awhile as you progress start hoping up things i to manual and dropping off things into manual

if you focus on one trick you'll get it dialed alot faster

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

2/8/2015 6:20 PM

There's plenty of advice on this if you simply search. I've explained it in detail myself many times, you're not new here, search it out.

Best advice is PRACTICE. The more the better.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

2/8/2015 7:12 PM

kaneBMX wrote:

I'm gonna practice these until I can do at least five parking spaces.

I have a problem with turning left on manuals because I was trying a line at my skatepark, how do I correct this?

Your pulling up uneven pull up harder with your right arm

|

2/9/2015 6:29 AM

Dropping my follow foot a little helped me while I was learning them, also foot placement on the pedals will effect them aswell; I try to be a little more on my toes on the pedals for better leverage in my knees & hips.

They're a bitch to learn at first but keep with it and once u work out the balance point, you'll wonder why the hell they were so difficult for ya.

Good luck!

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

2/9/2015 7:25 AM

What helps me when I'm practicing in a parking lot is not to just see how many parking spaces I can do, but set a goal, usually the last yellow line in the row, and try to make it there from like 3 or 4 lines away. Then, every time I make that, I start the manual one line back. I just keep doing that until I can manual the whole row. That works much better for me.

|

I haven't rode in forever so I suck and I have 2 Hondas. Follow me on Instagram @softtop2k.417

2/10/2015 11:24 AM

Listening to the monstercat podcast while riding will make you relax.
also, cranks level with the bike wink

|

please embed videos

My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]