How do I greese a gsport marmoset?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/8/2015 6:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/8/2015 6:57 AM

edit: This may sound silly to you, but do I have to take the bearings out?

|

please embed videos

My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]

4/8/2015 6:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/8/2015 7:11 AM

Sealed bearings should rarely need to be greased but IF you need to, carefully pry the rubber seal from the bearing. Be very careful not to damage the seal. Insert grease and replace the seal. The bearing should not need to be removed to do this.

|

Bike Check

Instagram @tkeck74

4/8/2015 9:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/8/2015 9:34 AM

^thanks
Photo

how do I press the bearings back in? hit or tighten the shoulder in?

|

please embed videos

My art c:

[b]

4/8/2015 9:55 AM

Lightly tap the bearing in with a piece of wood.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

4/8/2015 10:00 AM

The ideal way to seat bearings is with a press but if you don't have one you can make one with some washers. Find some washers with an inner diameter large enough to slide over the axle and sit on the bearing. Stack these washers so that they extend past the end of the axle. Install both axle bolts and tighten until the bearing is seated. Repeat this on the opposite side if both bearings have been removed.
If you don't have any washers you can use a soft mallet or a hammer and a piece of wood to seat the bearings. Gently tap around the edge of the bearing circumference until the bearing is seated.

|

Bike Check

Instagram @tkeck74

4/8/2015 10:02 AM

You can get washers that slide over the axle that cover the bearings if you want to be precise as possible bu. I just work my way around the bearings with a rubber mallet and then use the collars to finish the last mm.

|

4/8/2015 10:11 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

I tapped it in all the way and there's still play in the axle. ::"/

|

please embed videos

My art c:

[b]

4/8/2015 10:23 AM

cro tec wrote:

Was there any play in the axle before you removed it? If not, then the bearings probably aren't completely seated.

|

Bike Check

Instagram @tkeck74

4/8/2015 12:11 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

cro tec wrote:

TKeck wrote:

Was there any play in the axle before you removed it? If not, then the bearings probably aren't completely seated.

There was no play before I removed it. I knocked the shoulders and now there's no play. smile
one more ting though.
There is about 1mm gap were the end of the axle and the shoulder meet. when the bolts are tight , it starts to seize up putting pressure on the bearings I think. I tried knocking the bearings and shoulders in some more but that did nothing.

|

please embed videos

My art c:

[b]

4/8/2015 12:24 PM

One of the bearings may not be sitting straight in the hub causing the inner race to twist and tighten up when the axle bolts are tightened. The inner bearing race sits on the flange on the inner part of the axle. The outer collars then sit on the inner race on the outside of the hub. When everything is straight and the axle bolts are tightened, everything should be compressed and rolling smoothly. Double check both bearings again and make sure they are completely seated and straight.

|

Bike Check

Instagram @tkeck74

4/8/2015 3:28 PM

Mychaylo wrote:

You can get washers that slide over the axle that cover the bearings if you want to be precise as possible bu. I just work my ...more

I hit the bearings in as far as I can, and they're a bit father in than flush and straight as an arrow. I'll try what Mychaylo said.

|

please embed videos

My art c:

[b]

4/8/2015 3:48 PM

Aren't the collars for that hub chromoly? Cause you can just use them to tap the bearings in. Avoid doing so if they're aluminum because they can deform easily.

Take both bearings out, and use the axle to start with. With the wheel in front of you, put the axle and bearings just like this

Photo

then screw one of the axle bolts into it AT LEAST 3/4" the way in, and tap it with a hammer so the bearing presses in. But make sure the bearing goes in straight, if it starts shifting, then you might wanna start over so it doesn't go in crooked. Tap it in and until you can't feel it going in anymore then pull the axle out and slide it in the other side so it sits in the hub as it correctly should.

Then slide the bearing over the axle, and then the collar for the hub over that, and lightly tap on the collar using a hammer with a block of wood or something over it, and again make sure it goes in straight and it should fully press in this way. Try that and see how it goes.

Another thing you can do is get a socket that will sit on the outer race perfectly, and very carefully try to tap it in that way further but make sure it doesn't slip.

|

4/8/2015 4:24 PM

^ Good advice. I'll remember this.

|

4/11/2015 6:43 AM

I put the shoulder on backwards......pinch
its ok now

[/thread]

|

please embed videos

My art c: