Related:
Create New Tag
josh_hicks josh_hicks
6/19/2021 7:23 AM

I’ve noticed when doing feebles that the chainstay part of my frame gets severely damaged on both my bikes. Do they make a product that protects the chain stays but is still smooth and not going to slow down my grinds? Because the only products I’ve found online are meant for mountain bikes and not meant to be grinded on. I’m hoping they make something that’s metal or plastic that I can attatch to here to protect my frame. Or am I just doing feebles wrong? By the way these are deep gashes and not just scuffs in the paint. Photo
Photo

.pegless. .pegless.
6/19/2021 8:18 AM

That's only going to happen when you miss the peg. So either dial in your feebles, or get used to it. Apparently some people use pvc pipe, but personally I'm a fan of battle scars

DanTheBikerMan DanTheBikerMan
6/19/2021 11:39 AM

I got tired of beating up my chainstay in the same spot as you. So I took an old tube, cut it in half and then lengthwise, and wrapped a bit of it around the area where I’d hit my chainstay, and then wrapped it in duct tape to keep it in place. Looked ugly but worked like a charm. No more damage.

Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen

6/19/2021 11:45 AM

6/19/2021 11:46 AM

Vital won’t let me upload pictures sad

BigMeanPunk BigMeanPunk
6/19/2021 12:55 PM
.pegless. wrote:

That's only going to ...more

Battlescars for the win!! And when it gets too damaged I can justify a new frame to the old lady!!

Michael Cranston Michael Cranston
6/19/2021 2:50 PM

The Wethepeople Pathfinder frame has grind protectors on the chainstays for this very reason. Take a look at it for a possible new frame if and when that time comes.

jibsercise jibsercise
6/19/2021 4:16 PM
Photo
jibsercise jibsercise
6/19/2021 4:21 PM
readybmxer readybmxer
6/20/2021 12:32 PM

If you’re really doing feeble grinds, there will be no damage to your chainstay. Just keep practicing locking in to the grind better.

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

Ninja96 Ninja96
6/20/2021 4:57 PM

i personally made a leather cover with nice stiches but its only a cosmetic goody
i'm trying to find some kind of a good plastic sleeve with inside thin cushion to absorb the impact without it to much of an operation

6/20/2021 8:22 PM

I think your first name is secretly john

Spongeworthy Spongeworthy
6/21/2021 1:50 AM

Are you missing the peg every time or something? That shouldn’t happen in a feeble.

Don’t put 25.4 bars in a 22.2 stem.

younggotti younggotti
6/21/2021 11:24 AM

they used to make lizard skins that you could put there, it was like a neoprene thing with velcro

younggotti younggotti
6/21/2021 11:25 AM
Spongeworthy wrote:

Are you missing the peg ...more

happened to people growing up when we would try to grind ledges that were too high for us, i think when someone is trying something they aren't comfortable with they tend to put their front wheel too far into the ledge and the peg slips or doesn't connect and it kicks them sideways

Cellmember Cellmember
6/21/2021 3:22 PM

Was going to link same vid, good catch, super easy, inexpensive idea and works great.

Spongeworthy Spongeworthy
6/21/2021 6:47 PM
Spongeworthy wrote:

Are you missing the peg ...more

younggotti wrote:

happened to people growing ...more

Fair enough. It was just the way it was worded that was confusing me. It seemed like it was happening while grinding somehow, not while stuffing up the grind.

Don’t put 25.4 bars in a 22.2 stem.

Muhaimin_Mazlan Muhaimin_Mazlan
6/21/2021 8:08 PM

Main reason was actually getting rid of my chain bashing my chain stay , i do a lot of crankflip so my chain is hella loose
Photo. But it also works as a guard too . a grip cut in a half and a zip tie .

PastaIsLitty PastaIsLitty
6/23/2021 12:05 AM
Muhaimin_Mazlan wrote:

Main reason was actually ...more

Hell naw this isn’t worth buying another pair of grips for

smile

Muhaimin_Mazlan Muhaimin_Mazlan
6/23/2021 12:42 AM
PastaIsLitty wrote:

Hell naw this isn’t worth ...more

Its a leftover grips anyway ,

baglagrupie baglagrupie
6/23/2021 5:08 AM
josh_hicks wrote:

I’ve noticed when doing ...more

Anyone else think it may be the awful camo tires making this happen? Or just me.

Husky Nation Member

vie4130 vie4130
6/23/2021 7:14 AM

Looks good, decks & frames have to look like this ... Photo
Photo

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP