How do i get over the fear of a 180

Related:
Create New Tag

9/9/2016 8:11 AM

I've been riding for a little over a month and am trying 180s now but whenever i go to do one my brain chicken out and i only get like a 45 any tips on how to get over that.

|

9/9/2016 8:22 AM

Keep doing those 45's and 90's. I know it may sound pointless, but that's how I learned them. There is this gradual up-ramp at my local skate park, and I would ride up it at a slight angle, then hop and go back down it. And I just kept doing that until my rotation increased, and I went at the ramp at a more straight line, and land coming down in a straight line. Just takes practice, and time!

|

Ride Until The Day I Die

9/9/2016 9:32 AM

Learn "airs" first. This is when you roll up to a bank or quarter pipe, do a 180, and end up riding away straight when you land. You can go into it really turned not straight at all and not land entirely straight either. In theory, you could spin your bike 60 degrees and it would be sufficient, then just work to adding more degrees to the spin.

|

9/9/2016 3:06 PM

NotoriousBKN wrote:

Keep doing those 45's and 90's. I know it may sound pointless, but that's how I learned them. There is this gradual up-ramp at ...more

thats how i learned them as well. going up a tall qp and just hopping as right as possible and riding back down

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert