How do these work?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/19/2020 6:50 PM

Found some used v-brakes for my race bike, but i have no idea how they work, since there are "mouths" at the end of of them as opposed to a normal v brake.

|

I like riding my bike.

1/19/2020 11:28 PM

I believe the single cable runs through both those hook ends somehow but it looks like a part is missing. Then the pads bolt to the open slots in the middle. Then the open holes at the ends there are for your brake mounts.

|

1/20/2020 6:30 AM

&t=743s
|

fack off

1/21/2020 4:49 AM

Those are some decent V brakes! I would bet they have another piece that hooks into one side (more like a traditional linear pull).

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/9/2020 8:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/9/2020 8:20 PM

bmxmanboy wrote:

Found some used v-brakes for my race bike, but i have no idea how they work, since there are "mouths" at the end of of them as opposed to a normal v brake.

I think those are cantilever brakes. The predecessor to the v brake. They used a harness that hooked into both of those.claws and pulled from the middle like on a 990.

|

2/10/2020 6:03 AM

I think i have some current model ProMax V brakes i can sell you cheap. if thats what you are looking for. not sure what color they are. black or blue i think. but they will be complete... if i have them still.

|