How do you do those cool little kick-out things with your back wheel?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/13/2020 1:32 PM

I'm sure you know what I'm talking about, where you kick out the back wheel a little and it skids and slows you down a bit. Not even a trick really. The pros seem to do them all the time and they make it look so effortless. I can post a video example if need be.

Anyways - how do you do these? I can't figure these out at all, either my back wheel doesnt move at all or it just comes up off the ground entirely, looking like a shitty endo. Any advice?

|

1/13/2020 1:38 PM

More sauce

|

1/13/2020 1:48 PM

Lube the tires

|

1/13/2020 2:52 PM

Some tyres don't do it good btw🤷

|

Follow on instagram will follow back.
brandonmorris_

1/13/2020 9:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/13/2020 9:14 PM

Easy to get the feel for it in gravel areas, wet areas, just pick up yo ass and move it....

|

1/13/2020 10:25 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Lube the tires

He's right. I suggest bacon grease

|

1/14/2020 3:51 AM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Easy to get the feel for it in gravel areas, wet areas, just pick up yo ass and move it....

Good tip, I'll play around with it some in a gravel area

|

1/14/2020 5:45 AM

I don’t even remember where I started doing it. But I also use my brakes and do it. Just adds a little Steeze

|

1/14/2020 7:07 AM

It's like a "wave" motion - it starts in the shoulders and goes through the whole body to the feet ... hard to explain wink

|

1/14/2020 7:50 AM

Give it the beans.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

1/14/2020 7:54 AM

Just carve and get your weight over the bars so there’s no weight to stick the back end to the ground.

|

1/14/2020 8:33 AM

I started working on this last week too. It's not easy. I'm not sure if there is a vid explaining it either. I can get the back wheel to move some and shed a bit of speed but not much. I certainly haven't achieved a cool sliding of the tire yet. LOL.

If I come across a vid, I'll post it.

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus. Insta: SilentNightSun

1/14/2020 4:01 PM

I learned how to do it when I first learned how to lift up the back wheel. It’s pretty easy you just lift your back wheel and sort of swing it left or right whatever quickly. I do it all the time to slow down since I’m breakless.

|

1/16/2020 3:57 PM

I got it a little better last night and was even getting it to slide some. Felt like a boss. Probably didn't look as good as I felt but it felt cool. And it does slow you down some.... I was watching some X games stuff and saw a guy do it in one of his goes.

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus. Insta: SilentNightSun

1/16/2020 3:59 PM

I feel like it just comes with time, the more you ride, the more control you gain.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

1/17/2020 6:54 PM

readybmxer wrote:

I feel like it just comes with time, the more you ride, the more control you gain.

Yeah I never remembered learning them I just started doing them one day. Brakeless kinda makes you do it because shoving a foot in a back tire looks like shit

|

1/18/2020 3:22 AM

Just carve one way, and then carve the other way really hard, with your weight off the back wheel, sort of lifting it up, but not in the air, it's like something in between in the air and on the ground. Once the wheel is sliding straighten the front wheel and keep the bike in slanted position so the back wheel can slide. Practise on gravel or something.

|