How do you like your tires?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/25/2013 12:16 AM

Kind of a weird question but at what stage do you like your tires the most?

Like when you first get them / just breaking in / bald etc etc

I honestly like my tires when they are pretty bald with not much grip but still enough to be able to ride without always slipping. I don't like brand new tires that are extremely grippy which makes buying new tires bad for me because I have to wait a while till they get kindof bald lol.

Just curious to find out what you guys think and if there's anyone else similar to me

|

12/25/2013 12:52 AM

I like whatever I can get... I usually get leftovers from friends... slightly worn in are probably the best in my opinion

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

12/25/2013 1:06 AM

I just like my tires fat, currently riding Animal MTT and might try Odsy Hawk in the future

|

12/25/2013 1:12 AM

ultrasonic wrote:

I just like my tires fat, currently riding Animal MTT and might try Odsy Hawk in the future

Get Fit FAF's 2.4's man!
The BSD 2.4's look pretty cool aswell

|

12/25/2013 5:21 AM

Not flat

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

12/25/2013 5:30 AM

I prefer as slick as possible, NOT bald mind, legit slicks! I've had Primo E-Comets for a couple of years now, They've lasted that long due to limited Riding time because of my Fucked up shoulder, I'd still say if you can find them, they're great Tyres! NO MORE THAN 70psi though! I don't like super hard Tyres never have but now I'm an old man (LoL) Especially with My wrecked shoulder I need a little more squishyness!

Just purchased Eclat ESC Tyres, not too shabby! Gunna look into Shadow Valor Tyres for the other Bike!

|

12/25/2013 6:49 AM

New! I like my tires pretty fast and grippy. Right now i have my Primo WLTs and they are sick! Not really grippy at all but i really like them! Switching from my giant Cult Deharts they felt like skinny race tires but i really am a big fan! haha I am probably getting A Shadow Valor Front, Chase Hawk Rear because of how good that will really be!! haha

If you don't like grippy tires, try Demo Momentums! Shit wouldnt grip if you coated the ground in glue!!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

12/25/2013 8:14 PM

@topsey & @maximus
Yes! Shadow Valors are sick!
I really like the sound of the valor x hawk setup. Those tires both in 2.4 would be heaven!

Despite how much they weigh, I think my next set up is gonna be cult dehart 2.4 slicks in gum. I've never actually ridden slicks but I've heard good things. They're kinda my only option as I pretty much built my setup off gum tires and I don't wanna get the same 2.35's b/c they took ages to break in and get the worn how I like them.

Maybe even considering the fit traction 2.4's (mos def gum w/ black wall, the full gum's look a bit iffy.... Not really sure yet.)

Photo

My current set up:

Photo

I have a feeling that the full gum's might actually grow on me

|

12/25/2013 9:58 PM

D.M.O. wrote:

@topsey & @maximus
I really like the sound of the valor x hawk setup. Those tires both in 2.4 would be heaven!

Despite how much they weigh, I think my next set up is gonna be cult dehart 2.4 slicks in gum. I've never actually ridden slicks but I've heard good things. They're kinda my only option as I pretty much built my setup off gum tires and I don't wanna get the same 2.35's b/c they took ages to break in and get the worn how I like them.

Maybe even considering the fit traction 2.4's (mos def gum w/ black wall, the full gum's look a bit iffy.... Not really sure yet.)

Photo

My current set up:

Photo

2.4, looks like a fat bike. Where can I get them, I live in nevada and fatbikes are common, so we all love fat tire on our freestyle bikes.

|

12/25/2013 10:01 PM

Slick / bald tires are nice in the front.. I hate new tires , they sketch me out. just a fat front and whatever back works for me.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/25/2013 10:34 PM

new tires suck. I don't remember them being so slippery. The last time i had new tires was 2011... loll I like half life tires.

|

12/25/2013 10:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/25/2013 10:57 PM

How are the ak grips? @D.M.O sorry I didn't wanna quote your pic

|

Bang Bang bmx

12/25/2013 11:14 PM

inflated

|

trading primo wheels hmu
Text for faster reply 503-957-1330

12/25/2013 11:30 PM

I like them solid and ill ride them till their bald but I like them newer with grip I like traction for riding on dirt

|

12/26/2013 1:32 AM

I prefer tyres that are thin (2.1-2.2" up front, 1.85-1.95" in the rear), and have a fair bit of grip but definitely not full on dirt tyres, for example GLHs and Aitkens are some of my favourite tyres. I prefer new ones, and I always buy tyres brand new but I run them until they start to constantly get flats because they're so thin.

|

12/26/2013 3:33 AM

@brayden
@riversiderider

I totally feel the same way about new tires

|

12/26/2013 3:37 AM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

How are the ak grips? @D.M.O sorry I didn't wanna quote your pic

Haha it's cool man..
The ak grips are very very fat!
Get them if you love really thick grips and they're quite soft but kinda rough at the same time, it's weird to explain.

Personally, I think I might go back to my gum faiths, after riding these for a while the faiths feel so amazing (they're broken in and feel like the softest things ever)!

|

12/26/2013 3:54 AM

biggybuggy wrote:

2.4, looks like a fat bike. Where can I get them, I live in nevada and fatbikes are common, so we all love fat tire on our freestyle bikes.

Anywhere that sells tires..

|

12/26/2013 6:41 AM

I like them just slightly broken in.

Mine are bald, so it is new tire ording time tomorrow.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/26/2013 10:19 AM

tan wall. 50-70 psi

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

12/26/2013 9:37 PM

i like them with a little wear so i can slide out/bail if i need to

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

12/26/2013 10:04 PM

All I do is tire slides but I need my tires grippy

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

12/26/2013 10:40 PM

D.M.O. wrote:

Haha it's cool man..
The ak grips are very very fat!
Get them if you love really thick grips and they're quite soft but kinda rough at the same time, it's weird to explain.

Personally, I think I might go back to my gum faiths, after riding these for a while the faiths feel so amazing (they're broken in and feel like the softest things ever)!

I end had faiths in red.. I hated them, they where too soft for me. I find like Odis but a bit softer. I hate odi super sorts tho, I am on the hunt for the perfect grips for me.

|

Bang Bang bmx

12/27/2013 1:45 AM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

I end had faiths in red.. I hated them, they where too soft for me. I find like Odis but a bit softer. I hate odi super sorts tho, I am on the hunt for the perfect grips for me.

Try them out them man..
They're quality grips but they will feel super thick at first. They do have this weird cushiony x rough feel but they are pretty nice. I used to get blisters all the time on my thumb when I had faiths but the ak grips' circle compounds on the end are awesome and I haven't had one blister at all. They're already pretty long which is a bonus and last a while.

Go for it of your feeling them!
Don't count on the bar ends lasting tho

|

12/27/2013 5:54 AM

D.M.O. wrote:

@topsey & @maximus

Photo

My current set up:

Photo

Loving your bike. How do they grip in the wet?

|

12/27/2013 5:57 AM

I have innova's, theyre brand new smilegrip well but a bit skinny, i would like them at 75-80 psi but my pump gives out at 65

|

12/27/2013 7:54 AM

datguycal wrote:

Loving your bike. How do they grip in the wet?

Thanks man!
I've only ridden wet like once and I think they were sliding all over the place haha

|

12/27/2013 8:33 AM

D.M.O. wrote:

Thanks man!
I've only ridden wet like once and I think they were sliding all over the place haha

hey man put on some bar ends or you'll end up like Aaron Ross, this stuff is dangerous

Photo

|

12/27/2013 10:27 PM

I've never even rode my tires to 50% tread, haha. I start trading or selling them the minute they get to like 60%. But I might just ride my current tires. I always love super fat tires, but legit 2.25 is good. I love FAFs, best tires for me ever.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

12/28/2013 12:12 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

I've never even rode my tires to 50% tread, haha. I start trading or selling them the minute they get to like 60%. But I might just ride my current tires. I always love super fat tires, but legit 2.25 is good. I love FAFs, best tires for me ever.

FAF's are awesome man

|