How do you remove a crank arm?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/16/2010 8:45 PM

I have Stolen Mob Cranks (3pc.) and im trying to replace the sprocket, but i can't seem to get the arm off. I unscrewed the pinch bolt at the end of the arm, but I can get the bolt off that is attached to the spindle. Can someone tell me what to do?

|

I'm Tim.

1/16/2010 8:46 PM

crank puller

|

VITALS OFFICAL FAT ASS ]
RIP WILL,ERIC,BRIAN,JIMMY

1/16/2010 8:47 PM

BLACKBURN wrote:

crank puller

he has 8 spline cranks he doesn't need a crank puller.

take all the bolts on the side with the sprocket off and pull on it

|

crystal meth

1/16/2010 8:48 PM

Those are like 8 spline. un-tighten the pinch bolt and pull them off. Pull.

|

MOTW- 6/21/10- 6/27/10
Refs- Hyphy
Facebook

1/16/2010 8:52 PM

Easternbiker93 wrote:

Those are like 8 spline. un-tighten the pinch bolt and pull them off. Pull.

okay. i tryed this. i still can get them off

|

I'm Tim.

1/16/2010 8:56 PM

Easternbiker93 wrote:

Those are like 8 spline. un-tighten the pinch bolt and pull them off. Pull.

Tim Dalton wrote:

okay. i tryed this. i still can get them off

did you take off the spindle bolt?

|

crystal meth

1/16/2010 9:01 PM

try a block of wood, a hammer, and some WD-40.

|

1/16/2010 9:09 PM

Easternbiker93 wrote:

Those are like 8 spline. un-tighten the pinch bolt and pull them off. Pull.

Tim Dalton wrote:

okay. i tryed this. i still can get them off

Harry95 wrote:

did you take off the spindle bolt?

no one in my family can get the spindle bolt off. it is really tight

|

I'm Tim.

1/16/2010 9:11 PM

Tim Dalton wrote:

okay. i tryed this. i still can get them off

Harry95 wrote:

did you take off the spindle bolt?

Tim Dalton wrote:

no one in my family can get the spindle bolt off. it is really tight

That's why you can't get them off.

|

MOTW- 6/21/10- 6/27/10
Refs- Hyphy
Facebook

1/16/2010 9:12 PM

If you don't take the spindle bolt off you can't get the crank arm off.

|

BMX riding Cop... Let that sink in for a minute.

1/16/2010 9:13 PM

Harry95 wrote:

did you take off the spindle bolt?

Tim Dalton wrote:

no one in my family can get the spindle bolt off. it is really tight

Easternbiker93 wrote:

That's why you can't get them off.

im not stupid. i know that. the spindle bolt uses an allen wrench, but i've already stripped two of them. is there some special tool i need

|

I'm Tim.

1/16/2010 9:13 PM

jizz on it and itll come right off!

|

Bike Check
#Merica.

1/16/2010 9:14 PM

Tim Dalton wrote:

no one in my family can get the spindle bolt off. it is really tight

Easternbiker93 wrote:

That's why you can't get them off.

Tim Dalton wrote:

im not stupid. i know that. the spindle bolt uses an allen wrench, but i've already stripped two of them. is there some special tool i need

No, you need a 6mm Allen key and some muscles.

|

MOTW- 6/21/10- 6/27/10
Refs- Hyphy
Facebook

1/16/2010 9:15 PM

seriously. i wanna know how to do it but if it's gonna be really hard or need some expensive tool im just gonna take it to a bike shop;

|

I'm Tim.

1/16/2010 9:15 PM

you+mallet+hitting crank arm= crank arm off

|

40+ Reffs on my profile Hit it up
IM LEGIT I'VE BEEN HERE SINCE 08' NIGGA

I AM BACKAGAIN4thTIME...
I ♥ yaya2893

1/16/2010 9:16 PM

Tim Dalton wrote:

no one in my family can get the spindle bolt off. it is really tight

Easternbiker93 wrote:

That's why you can't get them off.

Tim Dalton wrote:

im not stupid. i know that. the spindle bolt uses an allen wrench, but i've already stripped two of them. is there some special tool i need

the tool you need is a bike shop

|

crystal meth

1/16/2010 9:16 PM

Tim Dalton wrote:

seriously. i wanna know how to do it but if it's gonna be really hard or need some expensive tool im just gonna take it to a bike shop;

you need to get the spindle bolt off. then the arm will come right off

|

crystal meth

1/16/2010 9:16 PM

Tim Dalton wrote:

seriously. i wanna know how to do it but if it's gonna be really hard or need some expensive tool im just gonna take it to a bike shop;

all u need is a 6mm allen wrench and arms of steel

|

VITALS OFFICAL FAT ASS ]
RIP WILL,ERIC,BRIAN,JIMMY

1/16/2010 9:17 PM

okay. im just gonna do that

|

I'm Tim.

1/16/2010 9:20 PM

You need a allen wrench with a breaker bar (piece of pipe,or a cresent wrench) on the end.The longer you make that allen key,the more leverage you get.

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

1/16/2010 9:23 PM

oh my god I feel so stupid. I didnt think about leverage
that you. you are a god

|

I'm Tim.

1/16/2010 9:30 PM

Next time try explaining the right problem... Because not being able to remove a crank arm and a stuck bolt are completly different problems.

|

BMX riding Cop... Let that sink in for a minute.

1/16/2010 9:33 PM

ridebmxnc wrote:

Next time try explaining the right problem... Because not being able to remove a crank arm and a stuck bolt are completly different problems.

will do.

|

I'm Tim.

1/16/2010 9:53 PM

noob

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]
REFs: Vanny, brenden1207, Spikez5

1/16/2010 9:56 PM

Dennis916 wrote:

noob

shut up. i dont wanna start shit cuz i've seen how stuff breaks out over the internet. but i just started figuring out how a bike works and how to fix things myself. im here to learn not to get bitched at.


I got the arm off by the way.
thanks bloghogs

|

I'm Tim.

1/16/2010 9:59 PM

Glad you got it off and thank you in advance for proper wording in the future.

|

BMX riding Cop... Let that sink in for a minute.

1/16/2010 10:19 PM

Dennis916 wrote:

noob

Tim Dalton wrote:

shut up. i dont wanna start shit cuz i've seen how stuff breaks out over the internet. but i just started figuring out how a bike works and how to fix things myself. im here to learn not to get bitched at.


I got the arm off by the way.
thanks bloghogs

congrats you got them off
thank god you didn't have any 48 spline cranks cause that would be a bitch for you to take off
hahaha wasnt trying to start shit actually

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]
REFs: Vanny, brenden1207, Spikez5

1/16/2010 10:35 PM

Dennis916 wrote:

noob

Tim Dalton wrote:

shut up. i dont wanna start shit cuz i've seen how stuff breaks out over the internet. but i just started figuring out how a bike works and how to fix things myself. im here to learn not to get bitched at.


I got the arm off by the way.
thanks bloghogs

Dennis916 wrote:

congrats you got them off
thank god you didn't have any 48 spline cranks cause that would be a bitch for you to take off
hahaha wasnt trying to start shit actually

I know. i've just seen other dickheads on this site that just like to fuck with people. it's pointless. they're just trying to look cool over the internet but i bet in real life they're just some tiny ass 7th grader

|

I'm Tim.