How does someone rip a seat in half?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/1/2017 12:49 PM

So I was on instagram and I came across a post from bmx1news and it had me thinking.. HOW THE HELL DOES SOMEONE RIP A SEAT LIKE THAT?! I've never even heard of people breaking seats at all before this. Someone please enlighten me on how tf this kind of thing goes down.
Pic attached is the postPhoto

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

3/1/2017 12:58 PM

I've seen it a few times, either a hard landing on the butt (which I can imagine sucks a lot) or by the bike being thrown or falling after an attempt.

I forgot where I saw it, but a long time ago there was this clip of a dude trying to double peg this rail that began on the top of a stairwell and stayed at the same level parallel to the ground the whole stair set. It was maybe a 10 or 15 stair. He jumped off at the end and his bike landed seat first upside-down and severed it just like this photo here.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

3/1/2017 1:33 PM

If you land sitting down often, you can quite quickly and easily crack a pivotal base. Only takes one bad landing to snap any part though.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/1/2017 1:51 PM

I fucked up a no footed can and snapped my old seat, but it didn't tear cause it was kevlar which is usually stronger I think. If it were leather or vinyl I bet it'd have ripped just as the one in the photo had

|

3/1/2017 4:06 PM

My friend snapped his primo mac seat in half from messing up hop-whips...

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

3/1/2017 4:18 PM

Got an update.
Apparently he snapped it on a grind that went wrong.

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

3/1/2017 6:19 PM

Saw it happen to someone who had his seat slammed and kept stepping on the seat during tailwhip tricks.

|

3/1/2017 10:39 PM

In Chad Kerleys / Theotis Beasleys split edit you can see Chad do a hop whip and kinda slips a pedal , and his ass hits the seat and you can see it cracked . Shit happens , it isn't too common .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/2/2017 6:11 PM

Slip your pedals and ball ride out from high up.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/3/2017 4:29 AM

I broke 2 seats trying whips and stepping on them repeatedly and a seatpost when tried to do double crankflipps and landed on the seat hard with my ass ( i still dont know hows that possible)

|

3/6/2017 12:21 PM

coldmajki wrote:

I broke 2 seats trying whips and stepping on them repeatedly and a seatpost when tried to do double crankflipps and landed on the seat hard with my ass ( i still dont know hows that possible)

what did the seat post look like? And how did you manage to get the cranks around twice? Sounds crazy

|

Fo' pegs or no pegs

3/6/2017 2:54 PM

One of my friends snapped his seat post and seat messing around trying to flip into foam. Guess his gooch took the blunt of it

|

"It's like riding someone's bike and they got the same frame" -Four
Refs:Four x4,tomdon x5,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest