How does this look???

Related:
Create New Tag

10/25/2014 11:03 AM

Hey guys, my cousin is building a new bike and is wondering on some opinions on this setup

|

We out here breathing. -Bert

10/25/2014 11:05 AM

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

10/25/2014 11:07 AM

prepare for da circlejerk
oddy forks>fiend
also the shadow pegs aren't good, the sleeves crack like crazy, hardbmxtim will vouch for that

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

10/25/2014 11:08 AM

oh ya and the cranks don't fit 24mm bb's

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

10/25/2014 11:09 AM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

oh ya and the cranks don't fit 24mm bb's

Haha, I'll tell him that!

|

10/25/2014 1:41 PM

Get the rig 24 cranks or the fit 24 cranks they come with a bb so you dont need to buy a separate one and should be stronger than the revolts. I recommend the fig Og pegs as well they're about the same cost as the shadows but you can get them in two different lengths, come with some wax,and I hear the sleeves last long as well too.

|

10/25/2014 2:06 PM

Coopers25 wrote:

Get the rig 24 cranks or the fit 24 cranks they come with a bb so you dont need to buy a separate one and should be stronger than the revolts. I recommend the fig Og pegs as well they're about the same cost as the shadows but you can get them in two different lengths, come with some wax,and I hear the sleeves last long as well too.

i have seen more cracked indent 24's than indent 19
its because the 24's have a thinner wall thickness than the 19's

|

10/25/2014 3:05 PM

Plastic pedals and bar ends suck

|

10/25/2014 3:09 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Those bar ends are actually super durable. I ride them, and I never had one explode on me. After about 2 years of riding them I'll usually replace them just for a fresh set

|

10/26/2014 7:45 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Par Ends suck?

I gave my friend my old pair that I was riding with a year ago and he is still running them now and they're 60%

I'm still using my ones I got at Christmas...

|

10/26/2014 8:10 AM

Don't buy a cunt chain

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

10/26/2014 9:47 AM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

Don't buy a cunt chain

cult chains are surprisingly good lasted longer than my kmc

|

10/26/2014 9:49 AM

Don't buy a cunt chain

Silentman_Man wrote:

They're made by KMC

|

Insta: @thenoahrolf
Refs: Hatebreeder, vinum
Bike Check

Wrong! Russia doesn't even have gays! America is 80% homosexual! - mantaymark

the word n****r actually means ignorant in its original definition it wasn't until the internet became popular and it was changed to mean black people - OneGuyIlluminatiEye

10/26/2014 9:59 AM

Don't buy a cunt chain

Silentman_Man wrote:

notorious NIG wrote:

They're made by KMC

Cult chains are made by PYC, which if I'm not mistaken, PYC's owner used to work for KMC but I don't remember.

In any case, one eye is just a retard and probably broke a Cult chain through user error & now talks shit on it like everything else he does.

|

10/26/2014 5:00 PM

I shredded that chain to the point where i couldn't pedal out of my driveway without breaking a link in just 2months. The Shadow sleeves wear away like wax and crack pretty easy if youre learning 180 grinds or smack them against ledges on accident. I had the Tree v1 4130 and snapped all the spokes on it while pedaling after like 4 weeks, doubting that the v2 wont have the same problem after some time.

Everything else looks really solid. I would reccomend Indent 24mms. Bought mine used a year ago and haven't had a single problem yet. Insanely stiff and refuse to dent haha.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/26/2014 8:36 PM

Silentman_Man wrote:

notorious NIG wrote:

They're made by KMC

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Cult chains are made by PYC, which if I'm not mistaken, PYC's owner used to work for KMC but I don't remember.

In any case, one eye is just a retard and probably broke a Cult chain through user error & now talks shit on it like everything else he does.

Ive never bought a cult product for the simple fact every thing "they make" is a copy off of some other company

And there is way better chains on the market
Fly tractor Odyssey keychain

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

10/26/2014 8:43 PM

notorious NIG wrote:

They're made by KMC

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Ive never bought a cult product for the simple fact every thing "they make" is a copy off of some other company

They copied the tapered needle bearings off of khe too
oh wait...

|

10/26/2014 8:44 PM

Wait like 3 weeks for the Reynolds frame to drop in blood red !!

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/26/2014 10:48 PM

eskimojay wrote:

#plasticsforpussies

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

10/27/2014 12:17 AM

99% of the chain market are the exact same chains with a different company's name on it you dipshit.

Now I can't speak for their frames too much because I don't follow much of that stuff too closely, but in recent years, Cult is anything but a cookie cutter company now.

-The Chase Hawk frame is not like many (maybe any?) frames. Look at the rear end of one. Also, I forget which frame, but they used a different style chainstay for it.
-They were one of the first to start using investment casting in forks
-They made the Cult Vans grips, yes they copied the waffle sole on Vans shoes, but Primo has done that in the past with Lotek and no one bat an eye. Point is, they brought that into bmx grips. No one did that pattern before.
-They brought in the wave of huge tires. Also the gum wall craze.
-Their Match rim uses a different wall design.
-Their new hub guards are different than most every guard out there besides the Knight guard.
-Their freecoaster brought in the use of needle bearings in the driver

The rest of their parts now such as their front hub, seat, post, bar ends, bars, pedals, BB, headset, stuff like that are only "generic" if you want to call it, just like 99% of the market out there considering stuff like a bottom bracket & headset are just 2 bearings with some spacers. Their rear hub is only a copy because they work closely with Primo, and for us people who aren't fucking idiots like you and won't ride it just because it has the name Cult on it who still wanted the Primo Mix but couldn't get one, that's a good thing. Plus, 90% of hubs nowadays are copies of each other technically. Most of them use 2 bearings, an axle, a hub shell, a 9t driver, aluminum hardware, and a 3 or 4 pawl individually sprung driver. So go bitch about something else.

Whether these were good or bad parts, the point is Cult is and has been for awhile now, venturing away from the cookie cutter and making their own, better stuff. So either you have a severe mental disorder that shields you from seeing that, or you're a fucking moron. Or both.

|

10/27/2014 6:19 AM

Coopers25 wrote:

bmxsteve99 wrote:

i have seen more cracked indent 24's than indent 19
its because the 24's have a thinner wall thickness than the 19's

Pics of cracked 24mm indents?

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.