How durable is spray paint?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/10/2012 4:28 PM

Doing a build for christmas and im painting my frame. its like 3/4 rawed atm but im sick of doing it just want to start painting.

How durable would a coat of primer, 3-4 coats of color, and 2 coats of clear be?

Or should I try to find a bodyshop to paint it? i;d rather do it myself and save some money and have some fun too.

|

12/10/2012 4:45 PM

Trust me, it sucks dog shit but take your time and COMPLETELY raw it. Most spray paint is just as good and durable as factory paint you just have to know how to use it. Take it to a body shop for better results.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

12/10/2012 5:05 PM

It's very dirable if you do it right. Don't start painting until you raw it all.

|

Buy/Sell Refs: Showtime402, fsearles, ticaleb, howlerfbm (x2), irideafly, the balt (x2), MrHavoc1988. dprc

12/10/2012 5:06 PM

its alright.

|

xBMXx.

12/10/2012 5:30 PM

you dont need to completely raw it just take all of the gloss and the main coat off. and krylon is good paint. i used it to paint my forks and rims

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Email: benignimatt@gmail.com
Xbox GT: CreeD Viibez

12/10/2012 5:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/10/2012 5:39 PM

Take your time and it will turn out good, if you rush it because you are too impatient and want to ride then it will turn out shit, I would suggest finding something to occupy yourself before you start spray painting such as reading a book, or maybe skateboarding etc. so that it will give you something to do while you're waiting for the paint to dry.

|

12/10/2012 5:40 PM

Trev wrote:

Take your time and it will turn out good, if you rush it because you are too impatient and want to ride then it will turn out ...more

this. and make sure u give it atleast 4 light coats and if u want a gloss clear coat it when ur done

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

12/10/2012 6:07 PM

ok guys thanks for the tips well im prolly gonna scooter a little well i wait, its kind of like bmx and i can do a few trickss

|

12/10/2012 6:11 PM

brandon.hankinson.3 wrote:

ok guys thanks for the tips well im prolly gonna scooter a little well i wait, its kind of like bmx and i can do a few trickss ...more

can u inward bri to bar to front flip??

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

12/10/2012 7:33 PM

letting it dry somewhere thats at the right temp is super important.

|

selling refs: see profile
Instagram
bike check