How effective are tramp bikes

Related:
Create New Tag

12/14/2019 11:58 PM

Would like people's options on tramp bikes what tricks are best to learn with them or r they just a waste of time

|

12/15/2019 12:15 AM

I’ve never ridden or owned one, but I hear people say that, to have the “full effect” of a tramp bike, make sure it’s got cranks. I guess it makes sense since, without them, your feet placement isn’t similar to a real bike.

That being said though, there’s no substitute for the real thing and just trying on a real bike. But if you have the resources, I don’t see why not.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

12/15/2019 12:20 AM

Thanks mate appreciate the feedback

|

12/15/2019 1:56 AM

I've tried one a few times in a trampoline park.
They're really weird because they're really light, they didn't have cranks either.
I had a tendency to lean way too far forward on them for some reason.

IMO they're not very useful mostly because of the weight and lack of cranks. Even for learning barspins I don't think they're that useful, because of the lack of front wheel which completely changes the feel of the rotation.

If you had one with cranks and pedals, I could see them being useful for learning things like tabletops and turndowns. That's where I see the most value for them

|

12/17/2019 4:19 AM

They are fun, I did like a bajillion barspins and whips on em.

But in no way are they the same as a regular bike. Just another fun thing to do. I want to and plan to eventually build up another one.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/19/2019 7:57 AM

they are fun to mess around on. but not a "training" tool

|