How has el toro not been capped yet

Related:
Create New Tag

1/30/2019 8:54 PM

So I just saw dig bmx’s video from a couple days ago and it brought up how el toro hasn’t been capped yet. How have the school admins not done shit about it. Do they actually understand what’s going on with el toro or do they just simply not care. (I’m not making this to say that it should be capped, just making this for discussion

|

smile

1/30/2019 9:22 PM

I mean, it did have those big L shaped stoppers on the side before. I know they were still there when that kid tailwhipped it but I don't think they're there anymore since Dylan Stark crank armed it so I assume someone just cut them off, which is exactly what would happen if it gets capped again. The screw mounted ones are ridiculously easy to remove. Welded on ones require a bit of work but you can easily cut them off and grind them down smooth, or in this case, just hack the L off.

Even if they put like parking poles or something at the bottom, it still won't stop people. they'll just aim to clear that as well, or land and thread the needle.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

1/30/2019 10:44 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I mean, it did have those big L shaped stoppers on the side before. I know they were still there when that kid tailwhipped it but I don't think they're there anymore since Dylan Stark crank armed it so I assume someone just cut them off, which is exactly what would happen if it gets capped again. The screw mounted ones are ridiculously easy to remove. Welded on ones require a bit of work but you can easily cut them off and grind them down smooth, or in this case, just hack the L off.

Even if they put like parking poles or something at the bottom, it still won't stop people. they'll just aim to clear that as well, or land and thread the needle.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Yes, people will always find a way.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

1/31/2019 6:58 AM

There doesn't seem to be THAT much security at that school. People post up for what seems to be close to an hour to get a clip. Multiply that by how many years people have been going down it, and really the only time I've ever seen a real scene there was Lil Juice (I hate myself for typing that) tailwhip it.

Also, shit like this doesn't really get capped because most people doing it aren't 12 years old. If you're going to do El Toro, chances are you or your parents aren't going to sue the school for damages.

But truthfully, that's all it would take. One pissed off California mom with a lawyer would probably get both of those sets torn down.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

1/31/2019 7:54 AM

How is el Toro such a famous spot?
Surely there are different 20 stairs in LA?
I understand that now it's so famous because of all of the amazing skate/BMX tricks being done there but what drew people to that particular stairset in particular before all of that stuff had been done there?

|

Hmmm

1/31/2019 8:37 AM

I don't think the school admins have much of a say laughing This would go well above that.

Everything is political and cost money. Usually people don't like spending money on things if it doesn't return a profit. So it's a little more complicated than just "not caring".

|

1/31/2019 8:43 AM

Edman123 wrote:

How is el Toro such a famous spot?
Surely there are different 20 stairs in LA?
I understand that now it's so famous because of all of the amazing skate/BMX tricks being done there but what drew people to that particular stairset in particular before all of that stuff had been done there?

Well one thing to consider is that it has an up-hill landing. That adds to the difficulty aspect of landing a trick down it. Also a super long run up, so you can crank at it however fast you need to (pretty fuckin fast lol.) And imo in videos it looks like the gap across the stairs isn't as far as a lot of 20 stairs might be.

As for why it's so famous; Skateboarding & Brandon Begin

|




Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx


1/31/2019 8:49 AM

What happened to the center rail?

|

1/31/2019 8:55 AM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

What happened to the center rail?

They took it out because muhfuckas was shreddin it.

It ironically opened up the opportunity for sending crazy tricks down the set.

|




Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx


1/31/2019 10:30 AM

It's in southern Cali, the most poor state here, they don't have money to do shit about itlaughing

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

1/31/2019 10:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/31/2019 10:52 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

It's in southern Cali, the most poor state here, they don't have money to do shit about itlaughing

South California isn't a state? California pays more Federal Taxes then anyone? It's almost Double what Texas pays.

Money doesn't get put into things in California unless the rich want it to be so.

Simply No one gives a fuck about a stair set at some High school in Lake Forest, California. Lake Forest is actually really far from L.A and it's a really nice town that sit up against some mountains. FAR FAR from the Poor, disregarded Parts of Los Angeles, South Compton, North Long Beach, and Inglewood.

Not everything is as big in Texas as it seems

|

1/31/2019 10:50 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

It's in southern Cali, the most poor state here, they don't have money to do shit about itlaughing

California has nearly twice the GDP Texas has. They're not a poor state, and the fact that a rail on a public high school hasn't been capped isn't an indication of the wealth of the state.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

1/31/2019 11:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/31/2019 11:07 AM

Today I learned that El Torro is not in Mexico... I did wonder why people make the pilgrimage to Mexico to ride a 20 set but if it's in Cali that makes a lot more sense.

|

1/31/2019 11:21 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

California has nearly twice the GDP Texas has. They're not a poor state, and the fact that a rail on a public high school hasn't been capped isn't an indication of the wealth of the state.

Cali also has twice the amount of debt as Texas.

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

1/31/2019 11:24 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Cali also has twice the amount of debt as Texas.

None of this is relevant to why the rail isn't capped. That's my point.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

1/31/2019 11:26 AM

Phunny93 wrote:

South California isn't a state? California pays more Federal Taxes then anyone? It's almost Double what Texas pays.

Money doesn't get put into things in California unless the rich want it to be so.

Simply No one gives a fuck about a stair set at some High school in Lake Forest, California. Lake Forest is actually really far from L.A and it's a really nice town that sit up against some mountains. FAR FAR from the Poor, disregarded Parts of Los Angeles, South Compton, North Long Beach, and Inglewood.

Not everything is as big in Texas as it seems

Yeah, I know southern Cali isnt a state, I just typed what I was trying to say in a confusing way, my apologies.

And yeah, Cali pays more taxes but those taxes don't go back to the taxpayers by fixing roads, etc lol. Goes to all the rich and the undocumented immigrants in Cali lol.

But look, I don't need to talk about this, I know what y'all believe politically and y'all know what I believe politically. And it's okay, this is a BMX forum, I'm not here to talk about this. I simply stated California doesn't have alot of money to fix issues they may have.

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

1/31/2019 11:28 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

None of this is relevant to why the rail isn't capped. That's my point.

I know, but they may already want to cap it but they may not have the funds.

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

1/31/2019 11:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/31/2019 12:02 PM

I just want to know how undocumented immigrants collect taxes without an ID or SSN? wink
They'll get a job and pay taxes and pay into social security but can never collect because they don't have a social security number, they're paying into a system that they can't pull out of. They're building up America's economy without getting anything back like you and I will when we file our tax return or when we retire and decide to collect Social Security.

Undocumented Immigrants can't use any of our welfare service because they're undocumented meaning they don't have a SSN, you can't get on welfare without a SSN (or a Job for that matter, You must have a job to get welfare money) You can't even get food stamps.

But you don't pay taxes yet and High Schoolers know EVERYTHING and that's why El Toro High School doesn't get money cause the the kids already know everything about everything so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

not arguing just facts.

EDIT: Google pictures of El Toro High School and Lake Forest and tell me how poor they are, they have a giant swimming pool on Campus at El Toro.

|

1/31/2019 11:43 AM

Phunny93 wrote:

I just want to know how undocumented immigrants collect taxes without an ID or SSN? wink
They'll get a job and pay taxes and pay into social security but can never collect because they don't have a social security number, they're paying into a system that they can't pull out of. They're building up America's economy without getting anything back like you and I will when we file our tax return or when we retire and decide to collect Social Security.

Undocumented Immigrants can't use any of our welfare service because they're undocumented meaning they don't have a SSN, you can't get on welfare without a SSN (or a Job for that matter, You must have a job to get welfare money) You can't even get food stamps.

But you don't pay taxes yet and High Schoolers know EVERYTHING and that's why El Toro High School doesn't get money cause the the kids already know everything about everything so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

not arguing just facts.

EDIT: Google pictures of El Toro High School and Lake Forest and tell me how poor they are, they have a giant swimming pool on Campus at El Toro.

It's clear the illegals are stealing money from the California rail-capping coffers. Fuckers.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

1/31/2019 12:05 PM

Phunny93 wrote:

I just want to know how undocumented immigrants collect taxes without an ID or SSN? wink
They'll get a job and pay taxes and pay into social security but can never collect because they don't have a social security number, they're paying into a system that they can't pull out of. They're building up America's economy without getting anything back like you and I will when we file our tax return or when we retire and decide to collect Social Security.

Undocumented Immigrants can't use any of our welfare service because they're undocumented meaning they don't have a SSN, you can't get on welfare without a SSN (or a Job for that matter, You must have a job to get welfare money) You can't even get food stamps.

But you don't pay taxes yet and High Schoolers know EVERYTHING and that's why El Toro High School doesn't get money cause the the kids already know everything about everything so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

not arguing just facts.

EDIT: Google pictures of El Toro High School and Lake Forest and tell me how poor they are, they have a giant swimming pool on Campus at El Toro.

Are you really that dense? Of course undocumented people benefit from social services. They qualify for WIC, Section 8, welfare, and Medical the second that they have a child born in the USA. They also qualify for child income credit.

https://www.cpajournal.com/2018/05/23/illegal-immigration-and-tax-issues/
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/apr/27/jeff-sessions/sessions-says-4-billion-tax-credits-go-mostly-mexi/

Neither of those are partisan news outlets.


Not arguing, just correcting a load of bullshit.

|

1/31/2019 12:28 PM

But that Child is a American Citizen does he not deserve help like the rest of us? What's your point? So they figured out a loophole to get the some help, that's not hoarding Tax money or resources.

They live here, they work here and so they deserve the same things you do- It's fucks like you that drive Immigrants to commit crimes, because fuckers like you try and make it harder for these people to get legit jobs so they have to steal or turn to crime to put food on the table. I like immigrants

I'm Navajo, Dine - you are all Immigrants to me.

Fuck Jeff Sessions, he is a Partisan outlet you fuck.

plus so what if a small portion of people abuse the system?-I'm not an asshole- the people being helped far outweighs the bad- think about others for once

|

1/31/2019 12:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/31/2019 12:42 PM

Phunny93 wrote:

But that Child is a American Citizen does he not deserve help like the rest of us? What's your point? So they figured out a loophole to get the some help, that's not hoarding Tax money or resources.

They live here, they work here and so they deserve the same things you do- It's fucks like you that drive Immigrants to commit crimes, because fuckers like you try and make it harder for these people to get legit jobs so they have to steal or turn to crime to put food on the table. I like immigrants

I'm Navajo, Dine - you are all Immigrants to me.

Fuck Jeff Sessions, he is a Partisan outlet you fuck.

plus so what if a small portion of people abuse the system?-I'm not an asshole- the people being helped far outweighs the bad- think about others for once

I like immigrants too, just not illegal ones lol. Just that simple.

And what JPC said is spot on

Edit: also, the "thinking about others" is BS. Just because we dont believe the shit CNN shoves down Americas throats doesnt mean we hate people.

And you being Native American doesn't mean we're all immigrants. Yeah, our ancestors came here from Europe, but that doesnt give you any power over us because you're Native American. And I was legally born in the United States, so I'm not an immigrant. So I'm just as American as you.

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

1/31/2019 12:48 PM

Phunny93 wrote:

But that Child is a American Citizen does he not deserve help like the rest of us? What's your point? So they figured out a loophole to get the some help, that's not hoarding Tax money or resources.

They live here, they work here and so they deserve the same things you do- It's fucks like you that drive Immigrants to commit crimes, because fuckers like you try and make it harder for these people to get legit jobs so they have to steal or turn to crime to put food on the table. I like immigrants

I'm Navajo, Dine - you are all Immigrants to me.

Fuck Jeff Sessions, he is a Partisan outlet you fuck.

plus so what if a small portion of people abuse the system?-I'm not an asshole- the people being helped far outweighs the bad- think about others for once

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

I like immigrants too, just not illegal ones lol. Just that simple.

And what JPC said is spot on

Edit: also, the "thinking about others" is BS. Just because we dont believe the shit CNN shoves down Americas throats doesnt mean we hate people.

And you being Native American doesn't mean we're all immigrants. Yeah, our ancestors came here from Europe, but that doesnt give you any power over us because you're Native American. And I was legally born in the United States, so I'm not an immigrant. So I'm just as American as you.

But you wouldn't be here you if your family didn't immigrate here years ago?
Not only did you come here with no documentation, you managed to reduce a whole country full of Native Americans to 1.7% of the Countries Population by Raping, Killing and Unrooting a whole race of people who were here before you. Meaning there's more immigrants here on Native American land than there are Native Americans like 5x over.

And when that land wasn't enough, they Took land from the Mexicans too, You live on their land Honda, right where you're standing was occupied and owned by Mexicans before your people IMMIGRATED and took it.

You're all Illegal immigrants unless you got a CIB.

|

1/31/2019 12:54 PM

Phunny93 wrote:

But that Child is a American Citizen does he not deserve help like the rest of us? What's your point? So they figured out a loophole to get the some help, that's not hoarding Tax money or resources.

They live here, they work here and so they deserve the same things you do- It's fucks like you that drive Immigrants to commit crimes, because fuckers like you try and make it harder for these people to get legit jobs so they have to steal or turn to crime to put food on the table. I like immigrants

I'm Navajo, Dine - you are all Immigrants to me.

Fuck Jeff Sessions, he is a Partisan outlet you fuck.

plus so what if a small portion of people abuse the system?-I'm not an asshole- the people being helped far outweighs the bad- think about others for once

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

I like immigrants too, just not illegal ones lol. Just that simple.

And what JPC said is spot on

Edit: also, the "thinking about others" is BS. Just because we dont believe the shit CNN shoves down Americas throats doesnt mean we hate people.

And you being Native American doesn't mean we're all immigrants. Yeah, our ancestors came here from Europe, but that doesnt give you any power over us because you're Native American. And I was legally born in the United States, so I'm not an immigrant. So I'm just as American as you.

Phunny93 wrote:

But you wouldn't be here you if your family didn't immigrate here years ago?
Not only did you come here with no documentation, you managed to reduce a whole country full of Native Americans to 1.7% of the Countries Population by Raping, Killing and Unrooting a whole race of people who were here before you. Meaning there's more immigrants here on Native American land than there are Native Americans like 5x over.

And when that land wasn't enough, they Took land from the Mexicans too, You live on their land Honda, right where you're standing was occupied and owned by Mexicans before your people IMMIGRATED and took it.

You're all Illegal immigrants unless you got a CIB.

Kind of crazy to think that there would be no illegal immigrants whatsoever if citizenship wasn't such a big deal, I don't understand why people care so much about what country they were born in

|

Hmmm

1/31/2019 1:03 PM

Phunny93 wrote:

But you wouldn't be here you if your family didn't immigrate here years ago?
Not only did you come here with no documentation, you managed to reduce a whole country full of Native Americans to 1.7% of the Countries Population by Raping, Killing and Unrooting a whole race of people who were here before you. Meaning there's more immigrants here on Native American land than there are Native Americans like 5x over.

And when that land wasn't enough, they Took land from the Mexicans too, You live on their land Honda, right where you're standing was occupied and owned by Mexicans before your people IMMIGRATED and took it.

You're all Illegal immigrants unless you got a CIB.

Photo
|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

1/31/2019 1:06 PM

Phunny93 wrote:

But you wouldn't be here you if your family didn't immigrate here years ago?
Not only did you come here with no documentation, you managed to reduce a whole country full of Native Americans to 1.7% of the Countries Population by Raping, Killing and Unrooting a whole race of people who were here before you. Meaning there's more immigrants here on Native American land than there are Native Americans like 5x over.

And when that land wasn't enough, they Took land from the Mexicans too, You live on their land Honda, right where you're standing was occupied and owned by Mexicans before your people IMMIGRATED and took it.

You're all Illegal immigrants unless you got a CIB.

Holy fuck. So you're saying that I am responsible for all the raping, killing, and uprooting of a whole race? Holy fuck, you're delusional. So what my ancestors did that, I DIDN'T DO THAT. So don't accuse me of that.

And so what, I'm on LEGALLY taken land, Mexico lost the war and this land was legally given to the United States. So I'm NOT on ILLEGAL land. So wherever you're getting your information from is corrupt as hell.

And no, I am a legal United States citizen. Just because my ancestors immigrated here THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO doesn't mean iman illegal immigrant. I'm not even an immigrant, like wtf dude?

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

1/31/2019 1:09 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Holy fuck. So you're saying that I am responsible for all the raping, killing, and uprooting of a whole race? Holy fuck, you're delusional. So what my ancestors did that, I DIDN'T DO THAT. So don't accuse me of that.

And so what, I'm on LEGALLY taken land, Mexico lost the war and this land was legally given to the United States. So I'm NOT on ILLEGAL land. So wherever you're getting your information from is corrupt as hell.

And no, I am a legal United States citizen. Just because my ancestors immigrated here THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO doesn't mean iman illegal immigrant. I'm not even an immigrant, like wtf dude?

THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO

Citation needed.
|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

1/31/2019 1:16 PM

Let's not give 'em any ideas...

|

1/31/2019 1:25 PM

It’s just going to fall into the ocean with the rest of California when the big one hits , no sense capping it

|

1/31/2019 1:27 PM

kylecarlson wrote:

Let's not give 'em any ideas...

CAP THE RAIL!

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.